Upcoming fixtures - can we close 4 points?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:31 am

West brom are in decent form as of late and Everton are not in the best of form i can see West brom beating Everton.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:48 am

Liverpool
v Bolton [3]
v Man City [3]
V Tottenham [1]
v Portsmouth [1]
v Crystal Palace [3]
v Middlesbrough [1]
v Arsenal [0]
v Aston Villa [3]
Total: 15

47 + 15 = 62

Everton
v West Brom [0]
v Crystal Palace [3]
v Man Utd [0]
v Birmingham [3]
v Fulham [1]
v Newcastle [0]
v Arsenal [0]
v Aston Villa [3]
Total: 10

51 + 10 = 61

As i stated above i think we will be just ahead of Everton by the last fxiture, meaning we will need to beat Villa at Anfield to secure 4th, which i am confident we will do.

don't count out Bolton either, they could still finish 4th, although if we beat them that should put an end to their run for 4th spot. for me the Bolton game is as important as the derby in terms of the race for 4th.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:20 am

I disagree, especially with Boro getting a point at Anfield which is very unlikely, they are in horrible form.

Bolton? I think they will be overtaken by Newcastle by the end of the season however they will not overtake us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:26 am

fair point on Boro, but with our erratic form their is every chance we will only get a point that game, not being pessimistic, just the way the season has gone.

I don't think Bolton will overtake us either, but they are a good side who play to their strengthens, and it is effective. They will finish in the top 6 IMO. Newcastle are 8 points behind Bolton so i can't see them finishing above them.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:49 am

fair point on Boro, but with our erratic form their is every chance we will only get a point that game, not being pessimistic,

Yes I am very much aware of our inconsistant form but Boro are in p..iss poor form, I can't recall the last time they've won a game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:53 am

i think it can be easily done....Everton have West Brom next, and although they are probably going down, they are making a fight of it and after their 4-1 win at Charlton, i'm hoping they will get at least a draw.  Bolton will be tough with no strikers, but i'll think rafa will put Vlad up front and might bring in tellec too.  I say we beat Bolton 1-0 and Everton draw 1-1
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:54 am

thing is the Boro game is still over a month away, a lot can change by then.

very true on boro's fom though, they have only picked up 7 points in their last 10 games. Thier last win was on 5th feb, 1-0 v Blackburn.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:59 am

apart from Arsenal....i think we should win all the other games....'should' win that is,,,, :glare:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:04 am

I am not entirely sure about Arsenal beating us, lately they have been edging through games and they have lacked that "put the game away" strike which is very ironic considering how good they were putting games away earlier this season. Manchester United have really f#cked them up not just form-wise but mentally.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:11 am

true....basically i'm quite confident that we will get 4th..Everton are starting to stutter and i think they will bottle it.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KARMANI » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:52 am

I think we should have a good enough line up to face against Bolton, most of our goals have come from the midfield so perhaps the lack of strikers will not nearly as effect us. Riise has been on fire and Garcia has started to get in good form, both of them have scored 9 goals in all competions. Gerrard could always chip in with the goals and ALT could score one or two.

We should be able to survive as we have done it before in injury crisis.

Liverpool v Bolton

.......................Dudek.....................
.....Finnan.....Carragher.....Pellegrino.....Traore
....Luis Garcia.....Biscan......Gerrard.....Riise
..........................Smicer.............................
..........................Le Tellec.........................
KARMANI

Postby antz » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:21 am

AB ur a joker i love reading your posts
antz

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion