Transfer capping. - Is it a good idea?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO » Sun May 14, 2006 8:29 pm

There has been a lot of talk in the press recently about transfer capping. Would you like to see it enforced? and also if Mourinho,Ferguson,Wenger and Benitez had the same amount of funds who do you think would be most succesful? Personally I reckon Benitez or Wenger.
ALONSO

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun May 14, 2006 9:35 pm

no disrespect but this topic has potential, you just needed to make a decent article of it...........
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun May 14, 2006 9:47 pm

I think a transfer cap of £25 million per club each season is a fair amount. It would certainly sort out the men from the boys as far as buying potential. I know who i'd put my money on if that happend . It would also encourage clubs to use there academies more, which imo would give us a head start. It would also stop the likes of chelski from buying players just to stop other clubs from buying them. If the cap was intoduced just watch the price of players plummet.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Sun May 14, 2006 9:51 pm

I couldn't agree with you more. 25 mil sounds like a good figure. It would have to be enforced over Europe though do you reckon thers any chance of this happening.
ALONSO

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun May 14, 2006 10:14 pm

It would have to be sanctioned by FIFA which means it's a world wide issue. Personaly i think it's a none starter as the big clubs i.e G14 would'nt want it as they've to much to lose. Imagine the amount of money they've spent on players that they would have to sell for buttons.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:19 pm

Sounds great, but it'll never happen. All the big clubs would hate it, including ours. If they don't like it, it no happen. Money rules this game and The FA, FIFA and Uefa haven't got two testicles between them.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 12:50 am

Same amount of money...

Not Mourinho, because he rides on the quality of the players he buys but then his tactics come up short. It would be hard to split Fergie, Wenger & Benitez. As much as I'd love to say Benitez, I can't realisticaly decide.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 15, 2006 3:03 am

Well a transfer cap of £25m per season wouldn't work because teams just wouldn't let their prized assets (Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, etc) go for such a small sum, relatively speaking.

A salary cap, a squad limit and a transfer cap of £30m per player may work, though, if part-exchanges are elligable.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon May 15, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 15, 2006 3:24 am

then there are fees based on appearances for the new club.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:48 pm

the extra money would just get hidden in bonuses if this happened. there is always a way round it im sorry to say. and if that happened players would be striking non stop if no one could buy them for more thana c ertain amount. would be anarchy and the whole of europe would never agree
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Mon May 15, 2006 5:33 pm

I think clubs should be allowed to spend what they like, but there should be a transfer ban on clubs operating at a loss. This would stop clubs like Sh!tski being bankrolled.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 15, 2006 5:56 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Well a transfer cap of £25m per season wouldn't work because teams just wouldn't let their prized assets (Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, etc) go for such a small sum, relatively speaking.

A salary cap, a squad limit and a transfer cap of £30m per player may work, though, if part-exchanges are elligable.

they would find ways around it.  The club would pay sponsors who would pay players and i could easily see teams paying 25+ million for 2 players (one being their star and another being a nobody) all to get around it.  Nice idea, but would be hell to enforce.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon May 15, 2006 5:56 pm

The valuation of players would have to change. Thy may have to be index linked. There would be a top band consisting of players like Gerrard, Ronaldhino, Shevchenko, Eto'o, etc... who would all be worth £24.5m each. Other players would have to be classified, but who by? Actim? Fifa? It would comepletely revolutionize football. So it won't happen coz no-one would have the balls.
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Mon May 15, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Mon May 15, 2006 8:25 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:The valuation of players would have to change. Thy may have to be index linked. There would be a top band consisting of players like Gerrard, Ronaldhino, Shevchenko, Eto'o, etc... who would all be worth £24.5m each. Other players would have to be classified, but who by? Actim? Fifa? It would comepletely revolutionize football. So it won't happen coz no-one would have the balls.

Interesting idea, kinda like fantasy football  :laugh:
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Mon May 15, 2006 8:32 pm

the more money tv ploughs into the game the more the biggest playes will get and that means more money going back into the lower leagues as the food chain works it merry way down.

can,t see any club with money signing up to this ever so it will not happen.

the best we can hope for is the clubs having to have players from you r own country rule working and surely we should get the whole uk thrown in
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion