Transfer capping. - Is it a good idea?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO » Sat May 20, 2006 2:25 pm

I really wish there was a way to enforce it cos it would make the league a lot more exciting. Sometimes it feels like football is more of a business than a sport.
ALONSO

Postby ALONSO » Sat May 20, 2006 4:59 pm

I wish they could enforce these laws because it would make the league alot more exciting. Sports meant to be about fair competition but these days it sometimes seems that its more a business than a game.
ALONSO

Postby ALONSO » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:00 pm

:suspect:
ALONSO

Postby onizukaeikichi » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:19 pm

right now football is business, its all bout the money :angry:
onizukaeikichi

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:30 pm

why transfer cap? the teams with the most money spend the most, thats democracy... what are we all? communists? imagine no possessions?

i like my possesions. are you telling me that teams like villa should have the same grade of players as us just because that would make it more fair?

we generate a lot of money, and spend a lot generated that money. of course there are always bizarre anomolies like chelsea putting a cat amongst the pidgeons but this system does work. u spend what u can. when u spend more u end up like leeds. thats the game now, and i like it how it is
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:43 pm

dawson99 wrote:why transfer cap? the teams with the most money spend the most, thats democracy... what are we all? communists? imagine no possessions?

i like my possesions. are you telling me that teams like villa should have the same grade of players as us just because that would make it more fair?

we generate a lot of money, and spend a lot generated that money. of course there are always bizarre anomolies like chelsea putting a cat amongst the pidgeons but this system does work. u spend what u can. when u spend more u end up like leeds. thats the game now, and i like it how it is

Agreed, and if you were to transfer cap teams like Chelsea and Real Madrid but not the other teams that's very unfair. Perhaps Fifa could impose regulations on ppl who buy into football clubs. Make them go thru tests and what not.
48-1119859832

Postby ALONSO » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:59 pm

The transfer cap would apply to all teams. My opinion is that football should be about sport not money. The best managers and clubs should be at the top not the richest.
ALONSO

Postby Kopboyau » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:12 am

dawson99 wrote:the extra money would just get hidden in bonuses if this happened. there is always a way round it im sorry to say. and if that happened players would be striking non stop if no one could buy them for more thana c ertain amount. would be anarchy and the whole of europe would never agree

Couldn't agree more. We have had a salary cap here in Australia for Australian Rules Football for a while now and the system while good in theory, doesn't work well in practice. Most clubs have good accountants who can hide player payments among bonuses amongst other things. One club even gave the wife of a player a job in the gift shop (never worked a day in her life) and then paid the wage they would have been paying her, to the player concerned. A salary cap or transfer cap of some description does need to be introduced before Chelsea completely destroy the EPL by buying players just so other teams can not have them and then watch their careers( SWP) go down the drain because they get no playing time at Chelsea ( as an example). I think a transfer cap would be the better of the 2 ideas. I am not going to say a figure but; 1: would you have two seperate caps, one for each transfer window or 2: Would you have one amount that you would need to spread over the two periods. Making the managers job a lot more strategical rather than a financial one. What do you all think ??
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:45 am

YES :nod
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:56 am

they will use transfer capping when liverpool are as rich as chelsea :laugh:
Kopite-Jud

Postby ALONSO » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:32 pm

If something isn't done to even things out soon we could find ourselves lower than portsmouth in the league in a couple of years time.
ALONSO

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:35 pm

Transfer capping should be brought in alone for this reason, or something should be done about.
This has done my head in all day  :angry:

But Chelsea will also pull off another major surprise by signing Brazilian veteran Carlos - partly as a treat for Roman Abramovich's 12-year-old son.

Real Madrid star Carlos, 33, is Arkady Abramovich's favourite player and is also seen as a big enough name on the world stage to expand Chelsea's global market.

If Roberto Carlos has any dignity in himself then he should tell Chelsea to feck right off.

FFS my son wants BDamen and Pokemon not feckin Roberto Carlos for his birthday PFFFFFFT pathetic :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:22 pm

I agree it's ridiculous.
Looks like Villa may have a billionaire buy the club. I do not want to see in five years time the top of the league look like this.
1st Chelsea
2nd Portsmouth
3rd Aston Villa.

Anyway this season I think we have the best chance we've had in a while of claiming the title, especially if we sign Kuyt. I know the dutch league is below ours but he's looked top quality when I've seen him play.
ALONSO

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:38 pm

ALONSO wrote:If something isn't done to even things out soon we could find ourselves lower than portsmouth in the league in a couple of years time.

Agree with you all the way Alonso.  Something needs to be done very soon.  Can anyone imagine  Liverpool FC being lower than the likes of Portsmouth?

And another thing, Cheeski wanting to sign RC because he is RA's son's favorite player.  WTF......... :(

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:17 pm

if i had my way i would cap wages, keep the money where it belongs with the clubs, reduce ticket prices and a great club like ours would not be running round cap in hand begging for money to build us a new stadium.

also link tranfers funds to annual turnover with a percentage of whatever the limit is open for outside investment

example: if the limit is set to 30% and liverpools annual turnover is 100 million we have 30 million to spend, all clubs should be able to bring in investers so the the transfer kitty can be boosted by 50% of the original 30%, so we have 30 million plus 50% of that giving us 45 million, just an idea and it would stop people like abramavich (sp) bankrolling a club way beyond its means.

if you didnt get that then blame my education plus please pick holes in it as its only a suggestion.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion