Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:28 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:ti kcik gnikoof dluow i tac a dah i fi

Good post,totally agree! :nod
Meoh! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:29 pm

I don't understand why Rafa has played him to be honest. He didn't need to use him in the league cup vs spurs and Keane would have done the same job as him last night.  the lad needs complete rest, otherwise if his hamstring goes completly he'll be out 6 months and lose half a yard in pace
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:32 pm

4-4-2 with Kuyt and Keane upfront is the best option. Kuyt is a better striker partner for Keane than Torres so if they play together I fully expect Keane’s performances to improve.

But it would mean plugging the right side of midfield with Gerrard, Benayoun, Babel, Pennant or El Zhar.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:33 pm

is nemeth fit??  Could be a chance to give him a couple of games up top with keane...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:38 pm

Chop off my balls and call me nancy.. Things are not going to well. If olny we bought a prolific striker instead of yours truly royal shytness KEANE... Means time looks like will be short of goals against until a fit el nino is back. January will be interesting let see what happens. Flog off dossena send him to a circus who gives a fack. Im very very  :(
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:4-4-2 with Kuyt and Keane upfront is the best option. Kuyt is a better striker partner for Keane than Torres so if they play together I fully expect Keane’s performances to improve.

But it would mean plugging the right side of midfield with Gerrard, Benayoun, Babel, Pennant or El Zhar.

I agree that Kuyt and Keane up front is probably the way to go, especially against the likes of West Ham/Blackburn coming up.  It does cause a problem on the right though.

Personally I think that in a 4-4-2 Alonso and Gerrard is our best bet in central midfield, I wouldn't like to move Gerrard out to the right at the moment.

Do you think Benitez would ever consider playing Mascherano on the right?  Might sound daft, but he has decent pace and a good engine to get up and down the flank.  Would he be any less productive going forward than El Zhar/Pennant/Babel?  I accept that it's maybe not the time of the season to be experimenting, but it's just a thought.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:43 pm

7_Kewell wrote:is nemeth fit??  Could be a chance to give him a couple of games up top with keane...

Recently made a comeback for the ressies, but has hardly played at all since pre-season, even at reserve level. 

To me the signing of Ngog was a poor one.  He's bollox and his presence is preventing the likes of Pacheco and Nemeth from getting the odd chance even from the bench.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:47 pm

this has :censored: me off, when i was at the game last night i was not the only one who could see he was getting very slow in the 2nd half, he should have been taken off a lot sooner and this would not have happend, at one point he look at rafa, we was sure he was looking to come off.

what is it with November and liverpool :(
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Richj » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:48 pm

Such bad news, I thought he did not look right and he was not sharp since coming back. i just hope this isn't going to be the story of his career.
Richj

Postby Madmax » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:50 pm

lakes10 wrote:this has :censored: me off, when i was at the game last night i was not the only one who could see he was getting very slow in the 2nd half, he should have been taken off a lot sooner and this would not have happend, at one point he look at rafa, we was sure he was looking to come off.

what is it with November and liverpool :(

He should have taken him off. Rafa could be a bit of a panzy sometimes. Like playing dossena aswel
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:50 pm

john craig wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:is nemeth fit??  Could be a chance to give him a couple of games up top with keane...

Recently made a comeback for the ressies, but has hardly played at all since pre-season, even at reserve level. 

To me the signing of Ngog was a poor one.  He's bollox and his presence is preventing the likes of Pacheco and Nemeth from getting the odd chance even from the bench.

They are both :censored: too. Paccheo is too young anyway.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:52 pm

his gotta give babel some sort of run in now. would be best playing keane and kuyt upfront. maybe babel will be just used as an option
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:52 pm

s@int wrote:Begining to sound like the Owen saga of injurys now. :(  Just hope they don't fk up the treatment this timelike they did with Owen.

im thinking the same thing. maybe one of the youngsters like nemeth or pacheco or ngog should be given a chance. or we could do with owen or martins in jan. owen is injury prone yet he still scores unlike our 20mil superstar keane.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:55 pm

bavlondon wrote:
john craig wrote:

True, Nemeth looked really sh.it as he banged in quality goal after quality goal last season for the reserves and Hungary U21s.

And Pacheco also looked pretty sh.it in pre-season, despite Carra and Gerrard both saying how impressed they were with his performances in competitive and training games at the age of 17.

I think untested is the word you're looking for rather than sh.it.  On the other hand, Ngog clearly is just sh.it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:56 pm

bavlondon wrote:
john craig wrote:

so was owen, rooney, fowler, ronaldo, messi, bojan, etc. thats the problem. why the does age matter? if you're good you're good. they arent gonna get any better playing in the reserves. if arsenal, man city, west ham, barca, etc are so willing to give youngsters a chance to shine why not us? we're  well known for our academy but that counts for nothing anymore.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion