Torres injured again - Oh no

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby April » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:28 am

My god,Torres injuries again...

I hope everything goes well! :D
Last edited by April on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
April

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:58 am

Give the lad loads of rest if we can maintain our position at the top up until christmas then ill be quite happy for him to come back fresh after the new year when we can really have a go then at winning the title . But the most important thing is we remain in touch with the top
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:18 am

That's terrible news that. Not so much the fact that Torres will miss some (on paper relatively easy) games, but the fact that his hamstrings continually :censored: him up. FFS that's half of his season ruined by now, as he hasn't even got back to full fitness on the last few occasions, before he got injured again. Feel really sorry for the lad, aswell as worried for our team of course. If ever there was a time for Keane to step up, then surely this is it. Regarding Aurelio's injury, this is equally terrible news, as I really loathe the sight of Drossena in the team :(
JamCar05

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:29 am

JamCar05 wrote:Regarding Aurelio's injury, this is equally terrible news, as I really loathe the sight of Drossena in the team :(

Thats got me more worried than the Torres injury to be honest. The thought of Dossena :censored: up
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Bleh Torres, don't even know what to say about this season so far for him.
Zidane

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Torres being injured again only increases the need for us to go out and buy another goal scorer in January to bolster the squad!

I think Rafa might go 4-4-2 against West Ham with Babel starting wide right, Kuyt and Keane up top and Mascha dropping to the bench.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:26 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Give the lad loads of rest if we can maintain our position at the top up until christmas then ill be quite happy for him to come back fresh after the new year when we can really have a go then at winning the title . But the most important thing is we remain in touch with the top

That is unfortunately the realistic and pragmatic choice we have especially with a hamstring injury.  We have to look at winning without him which we have done this season and are more than capable of doing again and get him back when he is absolutely 100% fit so we dont lose him again.  Rushing him back because we are panicking about goals will inevitably lead to him being injured again and I would prefer an extra one or two games without him if it means he comes back hungry and fit
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lewerty » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:26 pm

think we should buy owen on the cheap
lewerty

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:50 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:As for Dossena, I'd sooner see Insua given a run out there, he couldn't do any worse TBH. In fact just stick a cardboard cutout of a footballer at LB, it'd be more useful than Andrea!!! :D

Move Agger out to LB and have a cardboard cutout of Skyrtel placed at the top of the penalty area, no opposing player would dare come into the box.

As for Torres, well here's a view that may be a bit of Sunshine and Lolipops.

Give Torres a solid month to rest and let his injury completely heal.  The repeated attempts to bring him back have obviously not worked.  Do it right and give him until at least a week into the new year.

In that time, give the players who are on the fringes the chance that they need to step in and play an important role for the club.

Babel wants to play up front.  Prove it.

Pennant wants a spot in the side, Prove it.  Work your :censored: off in training and give Rafa no excuse to keep your :censored: out of the side.

Give the young guns a shot at making it onto the team.

Above all though is this, a certain 20 million pound striker needs to get his head out of his :censored: and start rippling some twine.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Did Torres travel with the Spain squad recently?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:05 pm

April wrote:My god,Torres injuries again...

I hope everything goes well! :D

??? Whats so funny?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:Did Torres travel with the Spain squad recently?

Yep an he played about 30 minutes an scored
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:24 am

He shouldn;t have even travelled in the first place.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:41 am

Injuries happen, hamstring injuries are recurring injuries just look at Owen. He needs suitable rest, if that means from now until new year then so be it because it'll mean we have a fit Fernando Torres not a partly fit one who is likely to break down any minute.

That's why Owen never recovered because at the time he started to get his, we had no other goalscorers so he was always being rushed back. At least now we have Gerrard, Kuyt chipping in again and hopefully Keane will turn his four into fourteen by the time 2009 is upon us. Keep Torres out until he is fully fit, then bed him in again for a few games and just pray it doesn't again. I'd rather have Torres for a longer stint of games then three in five out down to injury.
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 am

just stop international friendlys. fking waste of time.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion