Henry injured

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:34 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Great to see you back Michael.  :)

It's Mr Tomkinson to you JBG  :;):  :p  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:34 pm

stmichael wrote:to me, one answer would be to give gerrard a more advanced role and a licence to roam about the pitch.

Agreed  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:38 pm

Paul C wrote:I'm sick and f**kin tired of people saying give Mellor a chance, he is cr3p and will score 1 in 20 chances, I'd like to see what his goals per mins played ratio is :;):

With Gerrard returning, and so many creative midfielders in the side, it is surely time to throw Neil Mellor in. The jury is rightly still out on him, to my mind, as he's yet to prove much in first-team football. But he's a finisher, pure and simple, and if you can supply him with chances he has the right instincts to convert them - providing he can handle the pressure that comes with first-team football. By pulling Luis Garcia or Kewell back, that's one more player to supply the ammunition.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:39 pm

It is not much of a choice, Mellor or Pongolle. Neither is very good. If I had to pick one I would choose Pongolle. I just think he has the edge on Mellor in every department. Thing is Benitez will probably continue to chop and change the pair. Seems he is committed to using everyone in the squad. I dont know if this is because he is resting guys or really is not sure who the hell to pick. I mean who would you pick? whatever the team he picks right now it appears to make little or no difference. At this point you could pick them with a pin and hope for the best and he may well do lol  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:43 pm

Henry not to be playing would be a great boost for us because we know what threat lies with him.

I say Pongolle and Kewell upfront as we have no choice to put Kewell ; Screw Mellor anyway.

I say we win 1 - 0 or we loose 1 - 0, 2 - 0 or 2 - 1. I can't see use scoring more than 1 goal if none.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:44 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:I say we win 1 - 0 or we loose 1 - 0, 2 - 0 or 2 - 1. I can't see use scoring more than 1 goal if none.

cheers mystic meg. :D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:48 pm

Mellor tries hard but tryin' isn't enough. I can't think of an established prem side that would put him in their starting line up. Frankly the lad means well but he's a bit of a lump .

I'd be tempted to give Pongolle a go .
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:49 pm

well pongolle's 1st touch sucks & mellor pretty much looks like an average 1st divison player. From having 3 world class strikers at the beginning of the season, we are now stuck with pongolle & mellor. Are we cursed or what ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:24 am

The_Rock wrote:well pongolle's 1st touch sucks & mellor pretty much looks like an average 1st divison player. From having 3 world class strikers at the beginning of the season, we are now stuck with pongolle & mellor. Are we cursed or what ?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr Yes  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:01 am

We have had a bad time this season, but will benefit in the long run though hopefully siging better cover should we be in this position again.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:53 am

We were hammared by injuries last season like we are now, we survived and we can do it again.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:23 am

Hottest fire forges the strongest steel

Hopefully the bright side of this adversity will be a stronger team spirit
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:37 am

No more Mellor, he's only good for our cup runs.
Give Pongy the chance. He will proce to be the better choice by a mile over Mellor.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:05 am

Bergkamp, Silva,Edu,Henry, Reyes, Van Persie all injured arsenal are just as bad as us with the injury list :D .
Even though I dont wish injuries on anyone, its about time someone else got bad luck too.
And because of all our injuries and theres we may just sneak a win :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:02 am

If the jury's still out on Mellor, than we are staring down the gunbarrel at a severe backlog in highcourt judgements. At this rate, a parking ticket will involve six months wait , three retrials and an appeal to the European Court of Human Rights.
Come on guys, pretty much everyone on here knows their football and you can all see it, the lad is severely limited. Add that to the fact he is unfit and he becomes a liability. This "give him a chance", "he's scored a bucketload for the reserves" stuff is all very well but, IMHO certainly, he just isn't good enough plain and simple. I don't agree with the earlier poster who said he'll convert one chance in twenty, I'm sure he'd score a lot more than that. He's probably a good finisher but at this level, without quality you just won't get a chance.
I don't overly rate Pongolle either but out of the two he is much the better bet. At least he has pace. I was searching for an AND there but can't think of one. He has pace, lets leave it at that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion