Torres against villa, could it be.... - Our adrian heath/mark rbins moment?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 pm

I thought we got very lucky, and that the rebounds and ricochets which led to Torres getting his chance in the third minute of injury time had a huge whiff of fate about them. The thought crossed my mind in the first half when Downings sweetly struck volley hit Reina, and even more so when Carews glanced header in the second half slipped pat the post. It had the look to me that it was our night.

Should we be embarrassed about that? Should we feck. For all the self inflicted wounds we've had to deal with, we've been very unlucky with injuries, beach balls, deflections and the like. We're due some, and we got our payback tonight.

It is a hugely significant result, but make no mistake we are going to need many more. we need the players and crucially the manager to realise that momentum is unconcerned with the how, it is only bothered about the how many. When you've won eight on the bounce, nobody gives a feck that you got lucky with the second of the sequence. That's what we need to do now, to win, to win again and to win again after that. Perhaps this can be the fabled corner, our 'adrian Heath" moment, the one which people look back on and say "it it hadn't have been for"....

I hope so. We all need it, and none of us need it more than Benitez.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 pm

I sure Benitez would have been sacked tonight if we did not get all the points.

there are so mamy reports saying that Rafa was told he must win tonight if he was to get anymoney to spend and to keep him at the club.

we did not look good tonight and in truth if it was another team we would not have won.

Torres just stopped his boss from getting the sack.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:54 pm

Dont we now see that the striker position is our most important at the moment?Could you guys tell me what other striker of ours could have scored this goal tonight?None, and that is really really bad.If it wasnt for Torres we would have never won it.So we obviosly need one more striker to step insted of Torres when needed.Probably most of you guys went to see the game, but im not from around there and I watched the game on the net, and I think that it was Andy Gray who said that when Torres came in that position you just knew it, you just knew that he was going to score.So my point is that we need at least one more striker for who Andy will say the exact thing.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby boodiddy1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:54 pm

lets bloody hope so. We have to kick on this time. Gotta beat spurs at home and then go for it. this is the last chance for this season. Experience   has got to show. I dont know how significant its gonna be, but, rafa's valencia did this when they won the primera. he was almost booted out if they didn't win a particular game away. Around new year time too.

Omens??? i pray to the higher one it is
boodiddy1

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Well anyway, from inauspicious beginings people have resurrected themselves from the bargain bin before. Rafa will never get a better chance, or another chance I don't think.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 pm

bigmick wrote:Well anyway, from inauspicious beginings people have resurrected themselves from the bargain bin before. Rafa will never get a better chance, or another chance I don't think.

well he has got his chance right now so he better take it.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 pm

Feck that i'm with you mick , had a feeling when carew missed and gabby shot was parried by reina that perhaps luck was on our side , andthank :censored: after all the :censored: we had to endure. Hope glens okay though
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:58 pm

I dont think we were that lucky Mick

All in all we played well, we were away from home against a good side and the weather didnt help either sides. We still passed it about well but our final ball let us down at times

But Torres' goal will give us such a lift going into the next few games
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:59 pm

Anyway, these last 6 points were a great Christmast present (especialy this one).At least we finished this first part right.But I hope that later on this season luck wont be responsible for our wins, but good play by our players and manager (if possible :D).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Dundalk wrote:I dont think we were that lucky Mick

All in all we played well, we were away from home against a good side and the weather didnt help either sides. We still passed it about well but our final ball let us down at times

But Torres' goal will give us such a lift going into the next few games

I'd be more inclined to agree with you on that DD.

Although at times we rode a luck a little, but so what Villa are a good side and we've been dying for a break.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:03 pm

Dundalk wrote:I dont think we were that lucky Mick

DD whether or not we were lucky isn't really my point mate. I'm saying that sometimes you get the feeling that certain moments could be definitve, could be ones which you'll look back on in years to come.

I remember Heskey falling on his erse with the goal gaping in the dying seconds against Man Utd, Gerrards blockbuster against Olympiacos. There was something about tonight which didn't make me surprised either that we scored or how we scored. Of course to make the goal significant, the players and specifically the manager have to get things right from now on. we have an opportunity to make it a turn the corner moment, we must take it.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:06 pm

Hopefully Mick this can be the the change in our season. If this dosent get us going then we may aswell just give up. But as you well know we have already turned that many corners that we are beginning ti get dizzy.

Lets hope we have finally done it!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 pm

lakes10 wrote:I sure Benitez would have been sacked tonight if we did not get all the points.

there are so mamy reports saying that Rafa was told he must win tonight if he was to get anymoney to spend and to keep him at the club.

we did not look good tonight and in truth if it was another team we would not have won.

Dont be fecking soft , now your going over the top.

RAFA WAS NOT GONNA BE SACKED IF WE LOST TONIGHT, END OF,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 pm

It was good wasn't it? :D
LFC2007

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:17 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:I sure Benitez would have been sacked tonight if we did not get all the points.

Dont be fecking soft , now your going over the top.

RAFA WAS NOT GONNA BE SACKED IF WE LOST TONIGHT, END OF,

Of course he was Nan , Bloomberg said so.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion