Torres against villa, could it be.... - Our adrian heath/mark rbins moment?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:40 am

bigmick wrote:Yes Lakes talks utter b0ll0cks, but lets face it he ain't on his own. I personally think his "contacts" are figments of his imagination and he talks out of his erse, but he doesn't bother me any and he seems like a nice lad so whats the bother? He can no doubt point to numerous examples over the last few years where it isn't just his opinion that I've been talking out of my erse, it is proven in fact. Given that, I am loathe to criticise him overly.

He is also occasionally right you've got to give him that. Me an him know the score, make loads of pronouncements and you're bound to be right occasionally :D

But mick, your pronouncements are your opinion.

You are not claiming to have inside information.

Its tedious.
There was always a kid in your class in school that was the barry bullsh!tter and you laughed at them, i just get a bit peeved when i read the lies lately.
Maybe am less tolerant after the way things have gone this season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 am

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:not even your god like self has got anything right about the loan,

Since when have I said I have inside knowledge about the loan? The emails I get sent I post up I do not pass it on as my own info.
I know your game and what you are up to you are just waiting for Rafa to be sacked to say see I told you so, thats the top and bottom of it. No more no less.

the info i give is not my own info, it come from ML AND THEN WAS USED ON SKY NEWS and bbc newsand radio five live, a lot of the stuff dont get taked about untill they do a bit on the club, it come come as a shock to you but sometimes news rooms have better thing to report on than liverpool fotball club so not all of it makes the news.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:06 pm

bigmick wrote:Yes Lakes talks utter b0ll0cks, but lets face it he ain't on his own. I personally think his "contacts" are figments of his imagination and he talks out of his erse, but he doesn't bother me any and he seems like a nice lad so whats the bother? He can no doubt point to numerous examples over the last few years where it isn't just his opinion that I've been talking out of my erse, it is proven in fact. Given that, I am loathe to criticise him overly.

He is also occasionally right you've got to give him that. Me an him know the score, make loads of pronouncements and you're bound to be right occasionally :D

Mick there is one thing giving your own opinion and discussing football, no matter how right or wrong some think you are.

But spamming the forum to crave a bit of attention to make it look as though you are in the know is tedious. His bullsh.it should be in the rumour mill as thats all it is.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Every post on this forum is a personal opinion so I dont understand why people become stressed over Lakes, he´s just one more poster giving an opinion. Chill out folks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm

made in UK wrote:

Mick there is one thing giving your own opinion and discussing football, no matter how right or wrong some think you are.

But spamming the forum to crave a bit of attention to make it look as though you are in the know is tedious. His bullsh.it should be in the rumour mill as thats all it is.

dont be so hard on yourself mate, you are not that bad.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:27 pm

lakes10 wrote:
made in UK wrote:

dont be so hard on yourself mate, you are not that bad.

All you do is speak c.rap, go and do it in the thread I made for you, I'll humour you from time to time if thats what you need.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby teamleader1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Dundalk wrote:I dont think we were that lucky Mick

All in all we played well, we were away from home against a good side and the weather didnt help either sides. We still passed it about well but our final ball let us down at times

But Torres' goal will give us such a lift going into the next few games

Agree

Not the greatest game but I thought we did well, Villa cant complain, they had chances but so did we.
They've had large slices of luck this season compared to us and are still only 2pts ahead so I don't rate them that highly.
Good result at Reading will set us up nicely for what looks like a run of very winnable games  :D
teamleader1

Postby Octsky » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:13 am

Reg wrote:Every post on this forum is a personal opinion so I dont understand why people become stressed over Lakes, he´s just one more poster giving an opinion. Chill out folks.

Agreed. Chill out, children.
back to the main topic.

i didnt catch the game but got to see the highlights,
Torres's goal is of the highest quality, from a super tight angle, reminds me of the winning goal he scored in the Euro finals against the Germans.
The boy deserved to play for the best, with the best, against the best and I hope it will be for us, for many many years. Cheers and a happy new year.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Snake » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:36 pm

bigmick wrote:I thought we got very lucky, and that the rebounds and ricochets which led to Torres getting his chance in the third minute of injury time had a huge whiff of fate about them. The thought crossed my mind in the first half when Downings sweetly struck volley hit Reina, and even more so when Carews glanced header in the second half slipped pat the post. It had the look to me that it was our night.

Should we be embarrassed about that? Should we feck. For all the self inflicted wounds we've had to deal with, we've been very unlucky with injuries, beach balls, deflections and the like. We're due some, and we got our payback tonight.

It is a hugely significant result, but make no mistake we are going to need many more. we need the players and crucially the manager to realise that momentum is unconcerned with the how, it is only bothered about the how many. When you've won eight on the bounce, nobody gives a feck that you got lucky with the second of the sequence. That's what we need to do now, to win, to win again and to win again after that. Perhaps this can be the fabled corner, our 'adrian Heath" moment, the one which people look back on and say "it it hadn't have been for"....

I hope so. We all need it, and none of us need it more than Benitez.

First of all, hello :P I recently registered and found this live forum interesting as I am a liverpool fan.

So let's see, by your message, you're saying that we got lucky in:
1. Pepe's super save against Dunne (or was it Downing?)
2. Carew missing a 3 yard-away header

If you pay attention to OUR missed chances, they kind of equalize with it
1. Friedel's tip over from Gerrard's shot
2. Babel's free header that he missed

So no, I don't think we were "very lucky", we were as lucky as they were.

Agbonlahor's 1-on-1 with Reina wasn't luck, it was struck straight at the keeper instead of aiming for the far corner. No offence to Gabby though, he's a great striker.

And lastly, Torres is just..well, Torres :P You give him 1 good chance and he converts it. Viva Fernando :P
Last edited by Snake on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:42 am

As I explained a couple of times later in the thread, the point wasn't that we got lucky (although we did IMHO) it was that it could be a turning point in our season. If you think we didn't get lucky, were actually the better team and/or the build up to Torres's goal three minutes into injury time was a training ground routine fair enough, but it doesn't alter the point. It could be a turning point in our season.

My suspicion is that if you watched the Aston Villa game and concluded that we weren't a fraction fortunate to win it, there is little to be gained by me and you arguing the point because we are always going to disagree. Like I say though it matters not whethe ror not we got lucky, it matters much more if we kick on from here. in a similar sense to Everton did in the aftermath of Adrian Heaths goal at Oxford, and Man Utd did after mark Robins goal at the City ground. That was why i put those occurences in the thread title, that was really the point of it rather than an argument about whether or not we were lucky.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:55 am

What concerns me is that there have been a few things this season that should have been turning points.

Beating United should have been a turning point, but we went and lost the next game.  Beating Everton at Goodison should have been a turning point, as should the Arsenal game when we were 1-0 up and cruising before throwing it away.  The fact is that we have had no consistency this season, although at times we have been consistently poor for runs of games if you want to count that.

I'd like to believe that Torres' winner is some sort of turning point, but honestly I don't.  I fear we'll be hampered by inconsistency for the rest of the season and will really struggle to get fourth.  Two unconvincing wins on the trot don't paper over the cracks of the serious problems at the club that are rotting us away from the top, or the serious problems on the pitch where we have a ridiculously thin and unbalanced squad that is overly reliant on four or five particular players being fit.

The joy (and surprise) I felt at the Torres winner shows how far we've fallen this season.  A fortunate win away to Villa in the snow has unfortunately been a major highlight of the season.  Fantastic.

That said if we can manage to build on it and beat Spurs too then we might just go on a run.  I feel beating these two teams in quick succession, both of whom have already beaten us this season, would do our confidence the world of good.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:32 pm

bigmick wrote:As I explained a couple of times later in the thread, the point wasn't that we got lucky (although we did IMHO) it was that it could be a turning point in our season. If you think we didn't get lucky, were actually the better team and/or the build up to Torres's goal three minutes into injury time was a training ground routine fair enough, but it doesn't alter the point. It could be a turning point in our season.

Agree we definitely had a bit of luck on our side but cast your minds back to the 3-1 loss to this lot at Anfield. The jammy buggers had no right to win that game so it's just deserts in my book. Although it was (of course) lost on Martin O'neil during his post match whinge.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:20 pm

We were lucky to nick it in the way we did but we were still value for at least a draw. They probably had the better chances (and there weren't many) but we definitely had the better of it in open play for the majority of the game and overall played quite well -- going by this season's standards. Spurs is a massive game now. Win that and we effectively level things off with the rest of the pack, and with an addition or two in the window we might be able to salvage our season.
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 pm

My suspicion is that we will rescue the season and finish in fourth. Rafa has been at the club long enough for us all to know the score by now, he always does just about enough to ensure the debate on him has plenty of fuel. I expect no different at the end of this season. Fourth place and a decent run in either or both of the FA Cup and the European non-qualifiers thingie and the debate will be fully on.

Does he have to win something for people, or will fourth place and a decent run in a cup be enough to put it down as a blip season and lets have another go?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Its going to go down to how the players feel, if we get more top names going and not so big names coming in then i dont think Rafa will stick around anyway.

Rafa has got to be going for the FA Cup, i just feel he is just keeping the seat warm for JM now untill he knows if he can win the CL.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion