Times article by michael owen.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Wiley » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:19 pm

matrix wrote:most of us would take owen back in a second thats for sure   if i was a betting man i would say by next summer he will be a liverpool player again  i would nearly put my life on it  :;):

you obviously don't cherish your life very well,betting on such an unlikely thing like that  :;):
Wiley

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:24 pm

anyone here him on SSN after his injury? "ENGLAND ENGLAND ENGLAND" Not a word for NEWCASTLE, it was all i should be fit for the WC..blah blah blah
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wiley » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:40 pm

well tbh,i will be suprised to see him play for us again until next season now,so i'm not suprised,he will probably be focused on getting fit for the world cup cos' i doubt he will be playing for us this season again with this kind of injury.  :(
Wiley

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:36 pm

Steven Gerrard said that Liverpool fans should not have booed Owen because of his past contributions to the club. Personally, I would give him a warm welcome because the player he was for us.

But then, Owen himself shouldn't have invited those boo boys' reaction by claiming that he'd have "no problems celebrating if he were to score against Liverpool at Anfield". I don't know if his claims were true or just part of a media stunt by naughty reporters, but I have read the same statements in several "serious" media like Guardian, Independent etc.

A good example was Gabriel Battistuta, who spent a number of years as a great striker for Fiorentina. When he moved to AS Roma, he said that he will never celebrate if he were to score against them. True enough, during Roma's scudetto winning year, Battistuta scored a free-kick for Roma away against Fiorentina and refuded to clelbrate, in fact, he cried while running back to his own half.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion