Times article by michael owen.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GLB1 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:46 am

I don't mind if the lil S.hit does come home but it shouldn't be out of our pockets. I say we throw in the 8 mill we got for him and any shortcomings in the transfer fee he fits the bill. That way we don't lose out which would make us look like amatuer bussiness people and would allow him to show the world his commitment and desire to play for LFC... Greatest team in the World.

My two cents worth..... Merryyyyyy Christmassssss
GLB1

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:36 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:No embarassment, no guilt... and no regrets
By Michael Owen

Wonder what all the Owen luvers will think of him now?
Cause it obvious from this article (unless he's lying) that he doesnt give 2 sh.its about Liverpool,

cggy why do you think he doesnt give a :censored: about liverpool??
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wiley » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:54 am

AwiLas wrote:Mike Owen could be the best striker in England but not in Liverpool, for sure.. As for Stevie Gerrard, he's the best in the eyes of a real Liverpool fans..  And Rob Fowler, he's brilliant and that will never change him..  Let's put Owen and Fowler back in 2006 Liverpool squad.. Who's Chelsea.?. Cheers..

is that the same stevie G that many fans were burning his shirt outside the ground the other month?

or was that someone else?  :Oo:
Wiley

Postby Wiley » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:02 am

azriahmad wrote:Owen had to say this because he simply owes a lot to the Toon Army who gave him a very grand reception when he was signed even though it was very apparent that Owen wanted to come back to Liverpool or the other big three - Arsenal, manure or Chelsea - despite the desparate attempts of Everton and Newcastle.

For their part, the Newcastle fans are a great passionate lot and apart from Liverpool fans, must be one of the greatest bunch of fans, they'd only ever turn on against their managers, rarely against their players.

I suppose your one that reads all the gossip papers aren't you.

Man U,Chelsea and Arsenal never had anything to do with MO,they never even expressed interest for him,it was all rumours,me as a newcastle fan beleives MO will be here for a few years but i doubt he will be here like shearer,unless we are succesful in winning a trophy or finishing in the top 4,which isnt beyond us,thats where we should be,top 5 IMO.

I don't know why Liverpool fans expect owen to come out in the press and say lovely things about liverpool when he plays for another team,an obvious sign that you aren't over the fact he didnt return and yes i think he is worth every penny of that 17m we spent on him,you were burgeled by RM for 8 million,just cos you sold him for so little,doesn't mean he wasnt worth any more!
Wiley

Postby Wiley » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:06 am

liamac wrote:
Wiley wrote:
Owen IS a legend.

He had to carry the team for years. Remeber the FA cup final against Arsenal when Viera p1ssed all over Gerrard and the rest of our midfield and MO popped up twice at the end to steal the trophy.

I have never understood why most LFC fans never felt the same about him as Robbie.

Of course his number one priority is himself, so is everyones. Who puts their employer (even as cool a one as LFC) before themselves - stop talking rubbish.

He plays for newcastle now and has to give them 100%.

I dislike Mcmanaman for saying that his children will be raised as Everton fans- that's terrible.

Owen still cares alot about LFC and if his mates who PLAY for the team are cool then why aren't some of you sad lot. GH was destroying the club and he had a chance to play for the biggest club in the world so good luck to him.

Wish him well (but not this game) and I'd like him to get a great reception - who knows we might see him back!

Agreed.

I think Owen will go back to Liverpool one day,but i dont think it will happen:

1.) if RB is in charge
2.)within the 4 years he has on his newcastle contract.

Sorry mate but i think you are being a little optimistic if you think Owen wont be coming back home , think you better read this article  and then give your view.........

Liverpool are still interested in re-signing Owen, says Benitez
By Andy Hunter
Published: 24 December 2005
The prodigal son is not expected "home" until Boxing Day but Liverpool rolled out the red carpet early for Michael Owen yesterday when their manager, Rafael Benitez, admitted he still harboured hopes of enticing the England international back into the Anfield fold.

Liverpool's interest in their former protégé will come as no surprise to Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd, who needed to offer Real Madrid a club record £16.5m to drive the European champions out of the market for Owen in August and was prepared for renewed speculation on the striker's future at the end of this season. However, Benitez's public admission will advance the uncertainty on Tyneside and, at the very least, provide the Newcastle manager, Graeme Souness, with an unwanted distraction ahead of Monday's meeting between the two clubs on Merseyside.

Benitez was portrayed as an unwilling participant in Liverpool's pursuit of the then Madrid forward this summer, while the impressive strides made by his team since have strengthened the argument that Owen would not suit his tactical approach. Yet the Spaniard yesterday insisted that the 26-year-old would flourish in the system that delivered the Champions' League to Anfield, and that he would welcome the return of the striker who scored 158 goals in 297 appearances for Liverpool.

The Liverpool manager said: "I explained my ideas to him and he knew that it would have been possible for him to play here. When you go for a player you need to know what characteristics he has and whether you can use him. We knew we could use Michael at Liverpool, he is a player who could play in any team." Benitez was then asked if Owen could return to Anfield in the future. "Sure, why not?" he responded. "He is a good player and good players are always interesting to other clubs."

Owen signed a four-year contract at St James' Park in August after Madrid refused to countenance Liverpool's offer of a one-year loan deal followed by a permanent £8m move next summer, the fee they paid for Owen in the summer of 2004.

However, the deal contains several get-out clauses, including such conditions as Newcastle's final Premiership position, qualification for Europe and a reduced release fee, and Liverpool will develop their interest if a clause is activated at the end of this season.

"There were several reasons why it didn't happen in the summer: the price, the time, the decision of Michael and the fact that we already had good strikers at the club. All of these things together made it impossible to change the situation in such a short space of time," said Benitez, who urged Owen to reject Newcastle outright in August and thereby test Madrid's resolve, only for the striker to decide that he could not afford to take that risk 48 hours before the transfer deadline.

The Liverpool manager added: "We tried until the very end to sign him, but he decided to go to Newcastle because he wanted to play every week. I respected that decision fully, but because Real Madrid had such a big offer on the table it was impossible for us to sign him at that high price."

Owen lives in the north Wales home he purchased as a Liverpool player and commutes to training in the North-east on a daily basis, though his Newcastle strike partner, Alan Shearer, insists his current employers have no reason to doubt his long-term ambitions.

"I'm not selling the club to him any more. I don't think I have to - the tough part was getting him here," said Shearer, who requires just one more goal to equal Jackie Milburn's record of 200 for Newcastle. "We all said that, if we were to get him here, he would take to the football club, the area and the people. I think he's done that. The people have certainly taken to him - not only on the football pitch, but off it as well. They've made him feel very welcome and he's grateful for that. He likes the area, which I think is a big plus."

Souness added: "Michael is an honest man and Liverpool was his first choice, but it wasn't to be and I would like to think that he will want to go back there and show them what they are missing and, hopefully, that will mean goals for us."

The prodigal son is not expected "home" until Boxing Day but Liverpool rolled out the red carpet early for Michael Owen yesterday when their manager, Rafael Benitez, admitted he still harboured hopes of enticing the England international back into the Anfield fold.

Liverpool's interest in their former protégé will come as no surprise to Newcastle United chairman Freddy Shepherd, who needed to offer Real Madrid a club record £16.5m to drive the European champions out of the market for Owen in August and was prepared for renewed speculation on the striker's future at the end of this season. However, Benitez's public admission will advance the uncertainty on Tyneside and, at the very least, provide the Newcastle manager, Graeme Souness, with an unwanted distraction ahead of Monday's meeting between the two clubs on Merseyside.

Benitez was portrayed as an unwilling participant in Liverpool's pursuit of the then Madrid forward this summer, while the impressive strides made by his team since have strengthened the argument that Owen would not suit his tactical approach. Yet the Spaniard yesterday insisted that the 26-year-old would flourish in the system that delivered the Champions' League to Anfield, and that he would welcome the return of the striker who scored 158 goals in 297 appearances for Liverpool.

The Liverpool manager said: "I explained my ideas to him and he knew that it would have been possible for him to play here. When you go for a player you need to know what characteristics he has and whether you can use him. We knew we could use Michael at Liverpool, he is a player who could play in any team." Benitez was then asked if Owen could return to Anfield in the future. "Sure, why not?" he responded. "He is a good player and good players are always interesting to other clubs."

Owen signed a four-year contract at St James' Park in August after Madrid refused to countenance Liverpool's offer of a one-year loan deal followed by a permanent £8m move next summer, the fee they paid for Owen in the summer of 2004.
However, the deal contains several get-out clauses, including such conditions as Newcastle's final Premiership position, qualification for Europe and a reduced release fee, and Liverpool will develop their interest if a clause is activated at the end of this season.

"There were several reasons why it didn't happen in the summer: the price, the time, the decision of Michael and the fact that we already had good strikers at the club. All of these things together made it impossible to change the situation in such a short space of time," said Benitez, who urged Owen to reject Newcastle outright in August and thereby test Madrid's resolve, only for the striker to decide that he could not afford to take that risk 48 hours before the transfer deadline.

The Liverpool manager added: "We tried until the very end to sign him, but he decided to go to Newcastle because he wanted to play every week. I respected that decision fully, but because Real Madrid had such a big offer on the table it was impossible for us to sign him at that high price."

Owen lives in the north Wales home he purchased as a Liverpool player and commutes to training in the North-east on a daily basis, though his Newcastle strike partner, Alan Shearer, insists his current employers have no reason to doubt his long-term ambitions.

"I'm not selling the club to him any more. I don't think I have to - the tough part was getting him here," said Shearer, who requires just one more goal to equal Jackie Milburn's record of 200 for Newcastle. "We all said that, if we were to get him here, he would take to the football club, the area and the people. I think he's done that. The people have certainly taken to him - not only on the football pitch, but off it as well. They've made him feel very welcome and he's grateful for that. He likes the area, which I think is a big plus."

Souness added: "Michael is an honest man and Liverpool was his first choice, but it wasn't to be and I would like to think that he will want to go back there and show them what they are missing and, hopefully, that will mean goals for us."

I think you will find that fat freddie signed the most expensive loan deal in football history    :eyebrow  :buttrock  :buttrock

Fair enough mate

I firmly beleive that Liverpool are not prepared to buy MO for 17m +.

Fat Fred will not be letting his record signing leave after just one year for one penny less,i can assure you of that,so dont get your hopes up son  :;):

BUT... cisse,carragher and alonso swap deal should convince me  :;):   :nod  joke.
Wiley

Postby Hotrod » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:05 am

I think we can safley assume Owen will not be coming back to us unless something drastic happens at Newcastle. I like many fans would have welcomed Owen back with open arms however with Michael Owen in a team managers and other players became very dependant on him i mean newcastle went through an awfull spell when he was out and remember he will get his yearly hamstring injurys soon and newcastle will struggle to score goals beacasue they depend on him to do it.
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:50 pm

I mentioned earlier i hope owen gets screwed.....and i still stand by it.......

If the broad dumps me, i ain't gonna show her any gift her flowers and all the next time she visits me.....  :no

Owen belongs in the history books as long as LFC is concerned......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:42 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
But it was difficult for them because they had sold me for £8.5 million

Difficult?  That's putting it mildly!  :veryangry

The little :censored: doesn't mention why he screwed us over his Madrid deal tho, does he?

Drop dead ya fag.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:48 pm

The_Rock wrote:I mentioned earlier i hope owen gets screwed.....and i still stand by it.......

If the broad dumps me, i ain't gonna show her any gift her flowers and all the next time she visits me.....  :no

Owen belongs in the history books as long as LFC is concerned......

Yeah, i mean, Baros right?

Get a clue you stupid child.
115-1073096938

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Wiley wrote:is that the same stevie G that many fans were burning his shirt outside the ground the other month?

that was a press stunt, some fans were asked to burn a shirt the press had with them, did you even notice it was number 17 and not number 8
112-1077774096

Postby xd3vilx » Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:23 pm

Owen, owen and owen...who cares about him when u got Jamie Carragher...
Heard enough of it...not loyal, think of himself only blah blah blah...don't u guy sick of such stuff...
i don't care how he celebrate because he is a newcastle player...what is history is history...celebrate all he one of course unless he score...why don't we talk about our own player instead of a newcastle player...this forum isn't "Newcastle Discussion Forum" but it is "Liverpool Discussion Forum"...

Let me recap his decision for leaving his football club

1: Leave Liverpool Fc For Real Madrid (Reason: He want to win something)
2: Leave Real Madrid For Liverpool Fc (Reason: Need regular football to win a place in England national team)
After world cup?... nobody knows...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wiley » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:03 pm

peewee wrote:
Wiley wrote:is that the same stevie G that many fans were burning his shirt outside the ground the other month?

that was a press stunt, some fans were asked to burn a shirt the press had with them, did you even notice it was number 17 and not number 8

so just cos' gerrard is number 8 in real life,that means all fans should have number 8 on their backs?  :laugh:

admit it man,the fans turned their backs on gerrard as soon as they heard.

you lot like to give it,but you cant take it!!
Wiley

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:09 pm

Wiley wrote:
peewee wrote:

so just cos' gerrard is number 8 in real life,that means all fans should have number 8 on their backs?  :laugh:

i refer you to your response to azriahmad earlier where you accuse him of reading the gossip press.

the words pot, kettle, black spring to mind
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:11 pm

also fat freddie wont have a say in owen leaving, that will be judged by the clause he has in his contract that allows him to leave
112-1077774096

Postby xd3vilx » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:46 pm

Wiley wrote:
peewee wrote:

So Wad Your Point?...

If Owen is leaving Newcastle...i burn a newcastle jersey with number 10 behind it at St James Park...u consider me as a loyal newcastle fan who turn my back on him...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion