Time to change things

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Rafa's record in the transfer market is dreadful - a few successes but he has wasted hundreds of millions to get this squad (which I think will finish 7th).

I agree with Steve Nicol who basically said it has to change as we've spend loads but have a poor squad and somebody (he didn't say Benitez) has to be held accountable.

Benitez will destroy LFC if we give him the time and (yet more) money.

All the people putting pressure on the owners to give him a new contract a year ago should realise they are partly responsible.

F*ck off you!

You sure you don't have a United top on there?

Any manure fan I know hopes Benitez stays here for many years. You think Nicol and Ronnie Whelan are against us too do you?

If you can't take the truth, don't log on.

LOL

Just read what you just wrote and tell me what's wrong with it.

Ronnie Whelan - c*nt! United supporter.

Nicol - Manages in the MLS. World class standard there. I'll say no more.

It's like you can't make your own mind up and you're swayed by the opinions of others who'll mock us. Who gives a flying f*ck what United supporters say? Half of them are f*cking clueless.

Ronnie Whelan and Nicol both care about LFC very much. I am not saying you need to agree with me, my point is that just because I am pessimistic about our future and have no confidence in Benitez (like these two) doesn't mean I don't care about the club.

Would you agree that Benitez seems to have lost several key players (I am not calliing Reira a key player) but SG and Torres just don't seem as up for it as in prior years, hence the bad attitude. Current Players in the media calling for changes isn't good.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Changes to the team needed to happen about 30 odd games ago. Nevertheless with the remaining fixtures we've got and the position we're in, there's no reason not to play Aquilani in almost every one of those games.

As for other possible changes, I'd definitely like to see Benayoun come in and Babel given some more game time going by his recent performances. All our wide players have been pretty hit and miss though so I'm not sure which combinations would be worth persisting with. Maybe Riera will come back into the fold?
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Another point. I've seen some people complain about the merits of the 4-2-3-1 system; that it's 'negative' etc.. blah, blah fecking blah. It's basically the same system the Manc's use, and Inter Milan funnily enough, and not too dissimilar to what Chelsea have played, and they've all done alright. The difference is 1) They have adequate CM pairings 2) They have quality attacking wingers and FBs. And that was illustrated today.
LFC2007

Postby Big Niall » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Anyone think Kuyt is a winger?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Dunno. If you put me on the wing, am I winger? ???
LFC2007

Postby PabloAimar » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 am

bavlondon wrote:If the stadium gets built then more money will of course be made for better players in the intrim until the stadium is built.

could you explain this one to me...

if a new stadium is built, we wont see any financial benefit until it is in use/season tickets/gate receipts (at least 2 seasons away it looks like). as soon as the project begins, it will need funding - and those funds will ultimately come from the same place our transfer funds do. if we're (arguably) unable to spend much on transfers at the moment, what makes you think we'll be able to spend more once we have a £100M+ building project underway?
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:14 am

7_Kewell wrote:Ronnie Whelan hasn't said anything positive about LFC for years.

Mate, you'd have been interested in hearing him tonight then on TV over here. Slated Gerrard, so did Giles. Mind you, there were 100% spot on.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:40 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Ronnie Whelan hasn't said anything positive about LFC for years.

Mate, you'd have been interested in hearing him tonight then on TV over here. Slated Gerrard, so did Giles. Mind you, there were 100% spot on.

He was spot on, but it is misleading to say he slated them. He basically said the players have no confidence in Benitez and are acting out and not that bothered in doing their stuff. They backed it up with clips of them not doing their stuff.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 am

I've alot more time for the words of Whelan and Nicol than that of rafa and the thick as pigsh1t emerald reds on here
Last edited by neil on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zirgoz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:53 am

I think Rafa is a self indulgent man, he only listens to himself, we will not see any changes at all and if he does and the team wins the rest of the games it will most likely be another case of too little too late. Rafa rafa do i need to cast a vodoo charm on you to make you not play lucas!
zirgoz

Postby akumaface » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:06 am

Sir Roger wrote:
LFC ANIME wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:What bothers me with Rafa is his general dodgy dealings in the transfer market.

Last season we bought Robbie Keane, a hard working and talented goal scorer who proved he can work as an excellent second striker.

Ok, it didn’t start off well, but the lad hit some form and scored 2 or 3 goals in 2 games and he also started linking up with Torres on occasions...what does Rafa do? He drops him and then sells him for a huge loss 6 months later. Why didn’t it work? According to Rafa it was Gareth Barry’s fault, if we had signed him Keane would have been a success.

Now, we have another 20 million pound player and again he’s not in favour.

People can go on about the owners all they like, but Rafa has royally f**ked up in the transfer market with his two last big money signings. 40 million quid wasted...even Houllier didn’t do THAT badly with new players.

Watching the Sunday supplement a couple of weeks ago, it was in fact Houllier players that won us the CL05 (add Alonso, Garcia), FACup06(Crouch, Reina) and etc.

It's astonishing what players we had are far better players we've got atm. We've sold Bellamy, Riise, Crouch. Back in my mind I would have kept Momo Sissoko instead of Lucas.  :D

Danny murphy is better than lucas

:D  I would say Biscan was better than Lucas...
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:07 am

neil wrote:I've alot more time for the words of Whelan and Nicol than that of rafa and the thick as pigsh1t emerald reds on here

+ 1  :p

Anyway........ for all those who think we need a change of manager (think i am the pioneer of this group :D), we don't have to wait for long. Benitez will leave at the end of this season. He has improved us from houllier's last season thats for sure. But now we need someone to move us into the next era.

Personally hope he goes to real madrid.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 am

don't find anything wrong with our 4-5-1 formation IF we play the right players

if we have a midfield/attack like this
                         Torres
Babel/Benni        Aquilani              Maxi
           Gerrard             Mascherano

I agree there nothing wrong with this but the problem is RAFA WON"T PLAY Babel ,Aquilani , Benni , he rather played his "fav sons" kuyt and lucas ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 am

Emerald Red wrote:Too late, MH. Things were changed a few weeks ago. I mentioned in the Portsmouth thread that I expected Lucas and Kuyt to be played in this game, and that the set up would be defensive as it rightly should have been. Today the formation, tactics were spot on IMO. The manager didn't let us down. One player in particular did, however. Steven Gerrard just is not performing up to the standards he should be, and he should have been making us tick here and at least bossing the final 3rd of the pitch, or in and around it. If he fails to function, we then lack a penatrating edge, because that's his role in the side at the moment when he's playing where he's playing. He's the link between attack and defense, from the midfield to the striker. Torres wasn't getting service through the middle, so all of his chances came from wide areas. Imaging if Rafa had have picked Aquilani to play in Gerrard's role and left Steve on the bench? He should have, but the abuse he'd have gotten would be unreal even if it's the right decision currently. Personally, he could have dropped Lucas and played Aquilani behind Fernando, but again you'd be taking away Gerrard's goal threat, but seeing Gerrard isn't even threatening good performances these days, what does it matter? I'd have the middle like this:

Mash

Gerrard  Aquilani
Maxi                              Yossi
                Torres

I'm going to disagree with you on something there ER, I really don't think the line up was spot on. The lineup would be spot on if we are defending an aggregate lead in the CL, actually it would be a perfect lineup for that. However, we have nothing to lose WE had to win the mancs to keep up for the last CL spot. If we had players who kept the ball better we would have beaten the mancs, because they didn't play as well as they were expecting to. We need to stop worrying about how other teams will fair against us, we need them to start worrying about us. I agree with you on Gerrard, the team captain has to lift the squad and he is not doing a good job. I want the same Gerrard who single handedly took us to 4th place back in 2004 in houllier's last season. But I guess he is just getting frustrated and he is at his prime right now, so I might understand his frustartion. Let's just think about sunderland and go on the attack, drop kuyt and lucas and let's play the same football we played against pompey. I know its too late but we have nothing to be cautious for anymore.

I believe will bounce back next season, all this doom and gloom about the club going to administration because we might not get CL football next season or key players leaving us is total b*llox IMO. Gerrard might leave, I won't blame him. Torres won't because he will give us a chance and he said he wants to win things with liverpool. Even if rafa is still here next season we will bounce back.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 am

the only reason dat rafa wont play aqua much is because he has agreed wiv juventus to sell him back at end of season. so hes petrified of him getting injured. also he knows he may end up there himself. bet u any money im right?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion