This puts everything into perspective - Unbelievable figures

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oakton » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:02 am

These figures indicates they are just wasting money in terms of unable to use the funds they have available efficiently.
oakton

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:02 am

After all of the money he spent and keeps on spending, Mourinho may call it a dayin England  if Chelsea fails to win the CL next season because by then, the pressure on him to win the CL will have been enourmous. perhaps by then, Real Madrid will come a calling and he would use the excuse that "it is a personal challenge for me to restore Real Madrid to its former glory" and scoot off, away from the media & fans' pressuer on him and his "pragmatic" yet superstar-laden Chelsea who again, fails to win plaudits with their style of play.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:32 pm

oakton wrote:These figures indicates they are just wasting money in terms of unable to use the funds they have available efficiently.

Roman probably uses money gained through interest to support Chelsea football club, so I doubt he cares, aslong as he is responsible for making Chelsea the best footballing club in history of English football, he won't care.
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:04 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:totally misrepresentative, take into account inflation and TV money and it is a more accurate picture.

Leon, I know inflation is a big issue that has to be taken into account on this. I mean in our years, how much would King Kenny be worth in todays money when we only paid something like £600K for him in the mid 70's? :D

Just look at it this way. Inflation aside it only cost us the same amount of money to win 18 titles for their two, 5 European cups, none for them etc.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:14 pm

stmichael wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:totally misrepresentative, take into account inflation and TV money and it is a more accurate picture.

Leon, I know inflation is a big issue that has to be taken into account on this. I mean in our years, how much would King Kenny be worth in todays money when we only paid something like £600K for him in the mid 70's? :D

Just look at it this way. Inflation aside it only cost us the same amount of money to win 18 titles for their two, 5 European cups, none for them etc.

444,000 quid in '77 actually, st mike.

A british transfer record at that time if memory serves me well.

In today's terms, he'd have probably dwarfed the 28+ million quid the mancs wasted on Ferdinand.

IMO, that's the best 1/2 million we ever spent.

King KENNY!!!!! :bowdown
ConnO'var

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:21 pm

stmichael wrote:

The counter-argument to that would be add inflation onto Shankley and Paisley's signings then we would of spent just as much, if not more than Chelsea.
48-1119859832

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:04 pm

0asis wrote:
stmichael wrote:

The counter-argument to that would be add inflation onto Shankley and Paisley's signings then we would of spent just as much, if not more than Chelsea.

....Over a 50 year period, compared with their 3 years.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:13 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
0asis wrote:
stmichael wrote:

....Over a 50 year period, compared with their 3 years.

You raise a good point.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:15 pm

Abramovich basically bailed out the debt that would have dragged them down Leeds style.

Just going to what Leon said before, John Barnes cost £900,000, which by my (rough) calculations is about £2.5m in today's money. It's still meaningless because of the money that has flooded into the game since Sky, but it's still indicative.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:24 pm

we're harldy paupers tho. its not as if we got the resources of villa or fulham so we cant complain too much
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:07 pm

dawson99 wrote:we're harldy paupers tho. its not as if we got the resources of villa or fulham so we cant complain too much

Ive stated it before, Rafa has enough resources to make a title winning side, Chelsea only have a say in the 2 prem games we play each other, not the other 36, (well not yet) its up to us to take care of buisiness, not to worry about what they are up to.
teamleader1

Postby RAGE UK » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:25 pm

At the end of the day it dose not mater how much money they spend.
Chelsea will never be or as respect as the likes of Liverpool man-u arsenal Tottenham Leeds Watford ect ect.
The one thing that dose not enter josses mind is the club itself or dose his rich bitch Russian asspartner. At some point in time someone is going to want to reap what they have sown.
Look at the state of the USSR they have not got a pot to :censored:-in and there is a Russian man in England spending millions of pounds on a football team and Chelsea say his money is clean year right.

Thank god in this country we have got a sense of YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Is there any normal people out there that would watch your own people suffer and stricken in poverty? But would do what that brocadick is doing with his hard earned millions. And knowing that he will not get back what he is putting in is madness utter madness.
I’m not saying he can sort out all rusher’s problems but he could put back something in to his roots instead of trying to make a 2-bob football team win games medals and trophies that he will never own anyway.

Maybe the rich :censored:dose give millions to Russian charities and some one can put me right about the man? ???? ????.

And don’t ever mistake jealousy for pure hate for a club that is totally fuc-king up football as we know it.
And unless we all get a rich sugar daddy Chelsea will make sure there is not a good footballer on this planet worth a wan—k they are making sure no one else can match there offers for players. Starving the premiership of quality footballers.
And giver the chance Chelsea will with out a doubt take the cream from the likes of any football club that can challenge them for a title.

So is there anyone out there that thinks knowing what they have done already and are planning on doing still think that Chelsea are a grate football team worthy of the status they have bought with money they have not earned as a club?. 

I can see Chelsea football club sitting at the top of the premiership of premierships all alone with no one to play against with Jose and leopard and terry and all the others scum singing we are the kings of the castle.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:26 pm

Stevie Gerrard was valued at about £34 million last year when Chelsea put in a bid for him. IF we had let him go, we would have no doubt negotiated a higher price. He could well have gone for nearer £40+ million. That was after a pretty good season and a superb Champions League final.

This year he has had probably one of the best seasons so far and was decisive in the FA Cup final for all the world to see. He was voted the most valuable player last year and won player of the season. this year. They call Liverpool a one man team when he plays well, and the way he plays in tournaments, especially finals - England may well be called a one man team after this world cup!

The question is - how much do you reckon he's worth now?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:54 pm

He's worth quite alot since we got a long term contract in place, while the gunners chairmen said he rejected offers more than £50m for henry (could be lying), who had only a year left. We could probably get £50m+ over a few years. Still not Value for money, if we go on to win the prem (with a player like stevie anythings possible) in the next few years, the money we would of raised would probably surpass £50m.

And the feeling of having Gerrard 8 on the back of your Liverpool shirt, well that feelings priceless.
Last edited by Alonso14 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:54 pm

0asis wrote:
Kano wrote:
0asis wrote:
Kano wrote:

Kano,

I bet you weren't saying that when we were on our road to completing the treble five years ago?

No i wasnt but the moment he he bought in players like Diouf I began to question his methods. I just hope Rafa is backed aswell as GH.

Of couese Rafa's going to be backed as much as Ged was, what kinda statement is that? Rafa has just signed a four year deal which will keep him here until 2010. He has the full backing of the board, players and fans

I think perhaps he meant financially backed as well as GH.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion