This puts everything into perspective - Unbelievable figures

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:05 pm

Lets just hope the FA would step in if this type of manipulative practice was introduced
teamleader1

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:07 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
john craig wrote:I don't think the real world of football is the same as in Football Manager/Championship Manager where every contract ends on 30th June and new ones begin on July 1st.  Maybe someone who knows more than me can clarify this, but surely contracts don't run on until July - what's the point in that when the season finishes in May?  Clubs surely aren't going to sign players up for an extra month beyond the end of the season and pay them for being on holiday...  I'm sure different clubs have different policies and it's not as simple as every contract ending on June 30th.  Have to stress though that I'm no expert on this and as for the registration of players with their new clubs, I don't know anything about this being July 1st - surely Ballack is now registered with Chelsea or he wouldn't be paraded around wearing their strip, and it's nowhere near July 1st yet?

John...

I've just made a bewildering trip around the internet looking for more info on this topic.  Nothing absolutely definitive but it looks like you're right...the transfer window does seem to be open from the end of the season until the last day in August (rather than July 1st as I thought).  Moreover, I'm sure you're right that contracts will not all expire on June 30th or start on July 1st.

I just seem to recall that we couldn't actually sign anyone last season until July 1st, or am I dreaming that?  The FA website had some vague talk about June 1-30 being a "Close Season" but all the discussion had to do with playing league matches in that period--knowt was said about transfers.

So, in sum...you're more than likely right--my mistake!  :blush:

Fair enough Bob, maybe someone else can put us out of our misery on this one :)
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:16 pm

Very interesting post that, nice one mate :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:18 pm

You guys all make decent points. I was just thinking is shows how much Jose has changed since he came to chelsea. Were as in his Porto days he was more inclined to buy the underated hardworking players rather than the superstars. Evident from some of his early buys at chelsea for example Tiago. Now I get the impression his tagets are being dictated to him by Roman ( we all know he wanted Sheva from day one) which may get on his nerves after a while and he may even leave the club (long shot I know)

Even if what I just wrote is utter cr@p Chelsea are able to buy basically whoever theyy want but what they will never be able to get hold of is a great team spirit and the never say die attitute. Mourinho even atmited his side did not want it this year as much as last and you cant blame them no con sistant team no consistant dressing room people coming and going loads of them speaking different languages. When I see Liverpool (maybe I'am bias) but I get a huge sence of togethorness and pride. I having been part of local teams know the value of agreat dressing room and great team spirit it can never be bought chelsea maybe be the domiant club in England for however long. But they will never have that fighter or even underdog tag that we have I mean will Chelsea ever have an Istanbul or Even a Cardiff 2006 or 2001 for that matter

Walk On
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Speedy Gonzalez » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:36 pm

s@int wrote:Chelsea last season bought Essien,SWP,Del Horno £60million+ in total and had a worse season than season before. In my view these were quality signings that would have got more than a game or two for Liverpool yet none of them were what I would judge as a success for Chelsea.Shevchenko, Ballack Kalou and Michels cost £60million+ who's to say they will fair any better. Many of the players that tried so hard when they won their first EPL for Chelsea two years ago will be annoyed upset and looking to move as their first team chances dry up. Some will stay for the money im sure, but will they have the right motivation if and when called into action. Gallas and Crespo are already reaching for the exit door,SWP and Robben dont sound too happy and could be next if you believe the papers. Abramovich has given Chelsea a great ride up but I think there will be a lot of blood and tears on the way down. Personally I cant wait :D

Gallas and Crespo are reaching for the exit door?
SWP and Robben dont feel too happy?

how do you know? they are on more money than they have ever been in their lives which is what they expected on arrival.
If SWP had any doubts he wouldnt have left Man City.

Your post mate is utter trash, and knowledgeless. as you don't know whether these players are unhappy or what!!! Gallas and Crespo are being traded for the next best thing. Mourhinio says who goes and stays, and he is the boss.

JBG, St.MIchael, Johnnymac and the rest...........can anyone make a decent argument for LFC in these forums???

This whole forum is becoming so jealous of chelsea its getting silly. SOme of the people who post in here do not have a clue.

What I want to know, as an LFC fAN..... whats RAfA BENITEZ going to do to close the gap on Chelsea, what WORLD CLASS PLAYERS can we sign to win us the league?

When was the last time LFC signed anyone who was top drawer?

a lot of you are saying...."IN RAFA WE TRUST" etc etc etc.
Anyone in here with an ounce of football intelligence, can we have constructive discussion for once?

It's becoming a complete joke! I laugh at a lot of posts here.

I would be surprised if Rafa could win us the league over the next 3/4 years, looking at Chelsea and the transfer activity etc. It would be incredible! But I dont think likely.

I'm sorry, but Chelsea signing Ballack and Schev, and us not doing a lot does not inspire confidence.

NOt many in here have any valid points to make.

Yeah slate me all you like, what have you got to say on Football though! Stevie G must be sick to the back teeth of Carrying LFC for the past 3 seasons.

OK we did win the European Cup last season for an unprecedented 5th time, but we had to player smicer and Biscan etc. No one in this forum can deny we wree incredibly lucky, especially at half time in Istanbul !

Get f**cking REAL willl you all!

WORLD CLASS PLAYERS RAFA!.......... COMPRENDE?

its laughable.
:laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by Speedy Gonzalez on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speedy Gonzalez

Postby Anfield Kop » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:41 pm

interesting post mate. The scouting system/team which Rafa set up since his arrival is definitely saving the club a lot of money
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:43 pm

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:What I want to know, as an LFC fAN..... whats RAfA BENITEZ going to do to close the gap on Chelsea, what WORLD CLASS PLAYERS can we sign to win us the league?

Well, if you were an LFC fan you wouldn't ask that.

...cant be ars.ed typing any more
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:45 pm

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:
s@int wrote:Chelsea last season bought Essien,SWP,Del Horno £60million+ in total and had a worse season than season before. In my view these were quality signings that would have got more than a game or two for Liverpool yet none of them were what I would judge as a success for Chelsea.Shevchenko, Ballack Kalou and Michels cost £60million+ who's to say they will fair any better. Many of the players that tried so hard when they won their first EPL for Chelsea two years ago will be annoyed upset and looking to move as their first team chances dry up. Some will stay for the money im sure, but will they have the right motivation if and when called into action. Gallas and Crespo are already reaching for the exit door,SWP and Robben dont sound too happy and could be next if you believe the papers. Abramovich has given Chelsea a great ride up but I think there will be a lot of blood and tears on the way down. Personally I cant wait :D

how do you know? they are on more money than they have ever been in their lives which is what they expected on arrival.

Your post mate is utter trash, and knowledgeless. as you don't know whether these players are unhappy or what!!! Gallas and Crespo are being traded for the next best thing. Mourhinio says who goes and stays, and he is the boss.

JBG, St.MIchael, Johnnymac and the rest...........can anyone make a decent argument for LFC in these forums???

This whole forum is becoming so jealous of chelsea its getting silly. SOme of the people who post in here do not have a clue.

What I want to know, as an LFC fAN..... whats RAfA BENITEZ going to do to close the gap on Chelsea, what WORLD CLASS PLAYERS can we sign to win us the league?

Anyone in here with an ounce of football intelligence, can we have constructive discussion for once?

I would be surprised if Rafa could win us the league over the next 3/4 years, looking at Chelsea and the transfer activity etc. It would be incredible! But I dont think likely.

I'm sorry, but Chelsea signing Ballack and Schev, and us not doing a lot does not inspire confidence.

Yeah slate me all you like, what have you got to say on Football though! Stevie G must be sick to the back teeth of Carrying LFC for the past 3 seasons.

its laughable.

Were do you suppose we will get the money from ,to compete with Chelsea for the big name signings . Answer me that.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:58 pm

how do you know?

Read this "Crespo no to new deal skysports

and this "Gallas in fresh blues blast" skysports

Doesn't sound like happy times at Chelsea to me
account deleted by request

Postby RedorDead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:22 am

There are a lot of points being made here and it is interesting to see how people view things so differently. Someone mentioned it shows our jealousy of Chelsea, well that is completely untrue, certainly from my point of view.
Firstly i want to say that while I hate Chelsea they do have some admirable qualities. Somone said that they don't have any fighting qulaities, well I am afraid I have to disagree, in captain John Terry they have someone who fights til the last and will drag all his team mates with him. Jose has instilled and excellent team spirit which is something that is very hard to do in a team of players on such ridiculously inflated wages. It is a little like Arsenal under George Graham, everyone hated "boring" Arsenal and he used that to make a "them and us" mentality. When you feel you are fighting against everyone you fight harder and that is why Chelsea celebrate so wildly and often get into disciplinary trouble, love it or hate (and believe me despite this post I do really hate it!) but Chelsea have got a winning mentality.
That is not to say that it is better than ours. Liverpool for me have a tactically superior manager who is even better at motivating and improving players. Look at Kewell, Finnan, Riise and Carragher, their performance in the last two seasons have jumped up a notch for sure. We don't have the cash of Chelsea, noone does but one thing I am most certainly not is jealous of them.
I have posted before that I would rather not win the league ever again and enjoy the odd cup success than do what Chelsea have done. If it is going to mean us selling out everything we stand for then you can forget the league.
Chelsea have lost all sense of dignity, the way the carry themselves and the way they spend so frivilously and wastefully is doing the league harm and in the end it may be their downfall. God forbid Abramovich leaves, they will be left with such crippling wages the club will fold in a heartbeat, unfortunately I don't think he is going anywhere for a while. Which leaves it in the hands of the rule makers. people have talked about salary caps, transfer caps and these things will come in before too long if Chelsea's attitude towards the transfer market continues. Do you think the powers that be in the league want to see Chelsea win it every year? No.....noone does, the glory of success has been taken out of it.
Having said all that I think St Mick mentioned that if we had reversed the Chelsea scores and turned round a couple of other results we'd have won the league this season so there is hope. I am confident we will compete on the pitch next season but we'll never compete in the transfer market, and nor would I want to.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:42 am

How long can shitski keep there losses going up ever season.
Last season £90 mill this season £140 mill I believe.
How the hell are they going to get straight? I think they believe they can by paying big bucks for players again.
There not going to bie the prem for a 3rd season there’s no way a threat in the champion’s league. All they have proved is that it is possible to pay for the premiership title.
They are just our domestic leagues rent boys.
I can’t wait for the doggy Russian tramp with to much cash on his hip to drop Chelsea and go to his next project.
And shitski are left with not a god dam penny. All the rent boys leve and shitski will be no more.
And all then glory hunting t-w-a-t-s will be looking for a new team to follow.
I have not in my life seen so many chumpski shirts in the streets stickers in cars flags.
It’s about time they learnt that if they take the cash out of Chelsea and what have you got left Leeds united.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:50 am

0asis wrote:
Kano wrote:

Kano,

I bet you weren't saying that when we were on our road to completing the treble five years ago?

To be fair, Houllier hadn't bought Diouf, Diao and Cheyrou by then.

They are the signings that brought him down, at the end of the day.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:34 am

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:

OK we did win the European Cup last season for an unprecedented 5th time, but we had to player smicer and Biscan etc. No one in this forum can deny we wree incredibly lucky, especially at half time in Istanbul !

Get f**cking REAL willl you all!

its laughable.

Hustler, Hustler, Hustler. :no

Your brain power must have dropped even further, you decomposing lump of cow sh*t.

I'm rather suprised you're allowed to post at 11.35pm if you're in the Marines. Especially in Iraq.
Mind you, we all know that you are, in actual fact, a scruffy teenage gypo who's posting from a disgusting caravan with vomit all over the walls, courtesy of a stolen laptop and a rather long cable which you've plugged into some unwitting old hag's modem.

How a steaming turd like you can claim to support LFC is beyond me. We don't like your sort around here - you thieving goat-raper. We won't tolerate the buggering of male quadrupeds. It's just wrong, you filthy scud-filled piece of monkey spunk.

Go back to beating your meat, you hairless, prepubescent set of undescended testis.

On the subject of your mindless jibbering, Rafa has already signed some better players than Sh*tski. Xabi Alonso, Pepe Reina, Momo Sissoko and Luis Garcia would all get games for the chavs, and Alonso would be their best player EASILY.

That's the thing with a cretin like you though, you dumb b*stard. Unless astronomical fees are paid for someone, then you believe they are not World Class. You also seem to think that Sh*tski will stay where they are.
Wrong on both counts, I'm afraid, which is what the Doctor said to your Orangu-tan of a mother when she said you were brainy and a mistake she could learn to love.
Infact, Hussy, at your birth, the doctors slapped HER instead of you.

I know we shouldn't take the p*ss out of you. You've had a hard life, being knobbed up the shitter everyday by your dad (who is also your brother, grandad and uncle) for your first 18 years. It's not your fault you're a rent-boy, either. The only thing we CAN blame you for is stipulating that all your customers MUST be over the age of ninety. You dirty scumbag.

All in all, you have the intelligence of a bag of rusty spanners, the charm of a nose-bleed, and the charisma of a stale pile of pigeon poo. Not to mention the team-choice of a glory-hunting homosexual.

Still - bye, bye you rotting carcas.

F*ck off and don't come back.  :)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:42 am

:bowdown
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:16 am

stmichael wrote:I give it two minutes before somebody comes on and says "Oh God not another Chelsea thread. Concentrate on our club." But in all honesty I think this issue makes interesting reading and clarifies just exactly the extent to which Chelsea's financial power is changing the face of football as we know it to the detriment of everybody else.

The figures below put two fingers up to the Chelsea fans who hide behind the "But Liverpool have always spent money in the past and broke the transfer record excuse". The thing they forget is that we spent within our means.

Without opening a whole can of worms and obviously these figures do not include outgoings it looks like Rafa has spent £29M a season and given us a European Cup, A Super Cup and an FA Cup. Great work that, amazing infact.

Nearly half of Liverpools figures though was spent by Gerard Houllier who in return gave us an FA Cup, Uefa Cup, 2 League Cups and a Super Cup.

I've always complained about our managers not being able to compete on price and largely a lot of that is true, but they have had decent money, the problem of'course is that we have suffered more than most with bad signings in the past who didn't work out and left a hole in the budget so we couldn't spend big another day - we are still recovering from the Diao, Diouf and Cheyrou debacle with two of those still here! Whereas Chelsea can obsorb the flops, just look at that list more than half have been sh#t signings irrespective of the money they cost. We would suffer for years if we had done that.

Rafa has not made any expensive mistakes (Morientes aside but that wasn't that expensive) so going forward we should be confident we will have the money to get the top players we need.  :nod

totally misrepresentative, take into account inflation and TV money and it is a more accurate picture.

You cant possibly take into account anything prior to Houllier, you might as well compare Mourinho's spending with that of Sir John Houlding.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion