Views for article on liverpool v man utd rivalry

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:11 pm

On one of the earlier posts somebody mentioned that Liverpool fans have maintained our dignity during our "famine".  This is quite true.  We also enjoyed our successes with dignity.  The same can't be said for United.  For example, they have a manager that is not able to bring himself to acknowledge the great Liverpool teams of the past.  He regularly notes that United want to emulate the great european teams that won several european cups (Ajax, Munich, Juve, Madrid and Milan), yet he cannot bring himself to include Liverpool among this elite.

This is an example of how despite all their success during the past decade they are lead by a man who remains very bitter and unhappy.

Another example that demonstrated to me the typical example of a united fan occurred two years ago.  Remember when Arsenal knocked united out of the cup in 2003 (Edu scored).  Well in the game Giggs missed an open goal and had a stinker.  Afterwards, I spoke to a united fan and he spent over 5 minutes calling Giggs every foul name under the sun.  He finished by insisting that Giggs should be sold as quickly as possible.  As much as i despise utd, Giggs has given them fantastic service for years and yet their this fans reaction to a bad Giggs display epitomised the way a typical united fan thinks.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:41 pm

A Manchester Utd fan, a Liverpool fan and an Arsenal fan were all in Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze.

All of a sudden, Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a severe offence in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually being caught consuming the booze, they were sentenced to death!

However, after many months and with the help of very good lawyers, They were able to successfully appeal their sentence down to life imprisonment. By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial finished and the extremely benevolent Sheik decided they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip.

As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheik suddenly said, "It is my first wife's birthday today and she has asked me to grant each of you one wish before your whipping."

The Arsenal fan was first in line (he had drunk the least), so he thought about this for a while and then said, "Please tie a pillow to my back". This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through. The Arsenal fan had to be carried away bleeding and crying with pain when the punishment was done.

The Man U fan was next up (he had almost finished an entire six pack By himself) and after watching the scene, said "Alright! Please fix two pillows on my back." But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again, sending the Man U fan away crying like a little girl.

The Liverpool fan was the last one up (he had finished off the crate), but before he could saying anything, the Sheik turned to him and said, "You support the greatest team in the world, your supporters are some of the best and most loyal football fans in the world. For this you may have two wishes!"

"Thank you your Royal Highness", the Liverpool fan replies. "In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 100 lashes." "Not only are you an honourable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave," the Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. "If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it.  And, your second wish....... what is it to be?"

"Tie the United fan to my back."
jonnymac1979

Postby Sean » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:11 pm

Fantastic Johnny, Fantatic
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:16 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:A Manchester Utd fan, a Liverpool fan and an Arsenal fan were all in Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze.

All of a sudden, Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a severe offence in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually being caught consuming the booze, they were sentenced to death!

However, after many months and with the help of very good lawyers, They were able to successfully appeal their sentence down to life imprisonment. By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial finished and the extremely benevolent Sheik decided they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip.

As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheik suddenly said, "It is my first wife's birthday today and she has asked me to grant each of you one wish before your whipping."

The Arsenal fan was first in line (he had drunk the least), so he thought about this for a while and then said, "Please tie a pillow to my back". This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through. The Arsenal fan had to be carried away bleeding and crying with pain when the punishment was done.

The Man U fan was next up (he had almost finished an entire six pack By himself) and after watching the scene, said "Alright! Please fix two pillows on my back." But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again, sending the Man U fan away crying like a little girl.

The Liverpool fan was the last one up (he had finished off the crate), but before he could saying anything, the Sheik turned to him and said, "You support the greatest team in the world, your supporters are some of the best and most loyal football fans in the world. For this you may have two wishes!"

"Thank you your Royal Highness", the Liverpool fan replies. "In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 100 lashes." "Not only are you an honourable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave," the Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. "If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it.  And, your second wish....... what is it to be?"

"Tie the United fan to my back."

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

.. that's brill Jmac.. :laugh: bring on the lashes :p
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion