What is a "true liverpool supporter" - Anyone know?.............read on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thecatsmeow » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:29 pm

Take Stevie's proposed move to Chelsea? Would there have been as much publicity about it if he was from another city in England? The answer is no because he is Liverpool through and through. Stevie himself is representing every Scouser who dreamt of being out there on that pitch! Would his guilty conscience have kicked in if he hadnt been born in this city and supported this club?? Does that tell you anything?? To me there is a difference.

Try telling Leeds fans about loyalty to football clubs i dont think any player has harped on about his loyalty to one club more than alan smith he has built his entire career on that at least SG has some talent.. lok where smith is now he even went on sky tv and was asked "what is the one thing you would never do"  answer" play for man utd"....im afraid if we hadnt got the prospect of champions league this season stevie and owen would no longer be at the club
thecatsmeow

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:31 pm

ANTHING EVEN HAHA
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:32 pm

thecatsmeow wrote:i'm afraid if we hadnt got the prospect of champions league this season stevie and owen would no longer be at the club

that's a definite. gerrard and owen are too good to be playing in the uefa cup year in year out. at the end of the day loyalty means nowt in football anymore. gerrard may have pledged his future and owen may be on the verge of doing so, but if we have a poor season they'll no doubt be reconsidering their future's again. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:02 pm

Anyone who doesnt eat prawn sarnies at the game!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:52 pm

I say,it's upto each individual in him/her self to decide whether they are a true supporter or not,in whatever way they choose.If finances/distance prevent you from seeing your team,then I'm sure that person will find other means to show support.
   Personally,I was fortunate to have family who went to the game and took me along.We migrated to the Wirral many moons ago,but instead of changing allegiance to Tranmere,we continued to frequent the shrine formally known as the Kop.It makes me laugh when I here "in towners",living out in the sticks of outer liverpool,criticise fans from all over the globe.I treasure every Liverpool fan,I enjoy talking to fans from every corner of the world.It gives me a massive sense of pride,that my club can attract such attention and loyalty from so many different people.Liverpool Football Club is a world club and not just a city team.
         I have scouse blood through birth,but I'm not greedy to want it all to myself.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:55 pm

it's all over the place because I'm tired and I'm off to bed....goodnight and happy posting all you forum users across the globe who are hours behind in the early evening or who are just climbing out of bed in the Southern Hemisphere.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RedorDead » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:25 am

supersub....spot on...enough said :) oh and I WOULD say that...I'm an out of towner...lol
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:20 am

A true liverpool supporter supports liverpool fc through thick and thin. He/She does not have to tattoo the emblem on his chest and goes around cursing every other club.

I know liverpool supporters, like me are also true football fans. We enjoy great football before our eyes. As supporters, we agree and disagree with performances, status, players of the club. We sense pride in all things spoken about liverpool. We only wanted our club to be better to be the best.

I don't watch the game live like many of you. But it dosen't make any of those know football better and a better lfc fan. We are a global force in support to the club. I am a liverpool supporter with all my heart. :)
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:18 am

A pointless thread in my opinion as the answer is so simple.

A true fan can be compared to a parent with a child. you love the child unconditionally and support it through thick and thin...but ultimately you want to see it fulfill its full potential and perhaps even exceed that potential. The parental responsibility is to encourage that child to those goals and any form of underachievement results in disappointment, but doesn't mean you love them any less.

A fan of any team is the same.....be it their potential is equal to world domination of the Vauxhall Conference.

Liverpool were the Oxford/Cambridge graduates of UK football with Phds in European football.......currently we're struggling to get 5 good GCSE passes :)
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:19 am

oops:

A fan of any team is the same.....be it their potential is equal to world domination of the Vauxhall Conference.

that should have read :

A fan of any team is the same.....be it their potential is equal to world domination OR the Vauxhall Conference.

LOL
Homebooby

Postby madred » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:48 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz @ the hustlers topic
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:43 pm

supersub wrote:I say,it's upto each individual in him/her self to decide whether they are a true supporter or not,in whatever way they choose.If finances/distance prevent you from seeing your team,then I'm sure that person will find other means to show support.
   Personally,I was fortunate to have family who went to the game and took me along.We migrated to the Wirral many moons ago,but instead of changing allegiance to Tranmere,we continued to frequent the shrine formally known as the Kop.It makes me laugh when I here "in towners",living out in the sticks of outer liverpool,criticise fans from all over the globe.I treasure every Liverpool fan,I enjoy talking to fans from every corner of the world.It gives me a massive sense of pride,that my club can attract such attention and loyalty from so many different people.Liverpool Football Club is a world club and not just a city team.
         I have scouse blood through birth,but I'm not greedy to want it all to myself.

Well said Supersub.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pool Boy » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:54 pm

If you're not from Liverpool does it mean you can't follow The Beatles  ?....of course you can....same thing with LFC.....and some Beatles fans were fanatical to boot.....
Pool Boy

Postby ckay » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:58 pm

If a liverpool fan is supposed to be from Liverpool then what's the point in us going to the states or the far east or the Arab states to play friendlies. We need wide appeal to generate a global market. That's how Manure have become so big.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:08 am

cool
72-1090627431

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion