What is a "true liverpool supporter" - Anyone know?.............read on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:06 pm

I hate that expression...."true Liverpool supporter"

I think some fans think they have more rights than others! and in this forum too, when people criticise players/ performances or anything like me a lot of the time, they say you are not a "true Supporter"

please someone enlighten me. do you mean, going to watch matches? watching on the TV at home? going to away matches? having a season ticket? never criticising your team (even when they get beat!)? supporting for 50 years? and a few other descriptions besides.

I think the analogy of being a true supporter that a lot of people use, "supporting your team through thick and thin" is a bad one. If you are doing badly for example, you demand changes and get angry. or do you shut up and put up with it?

Every one who supports the team, whether only going to one game in their life, or going to every match, has the right to be called a "true" supporter.

If I buy a ticket, I  as a supporter, have the right to shout abuse at the likes of Biscan and Murphy if they dont play well, cause I am paying there wages,which is three times more per week than what i earn A YEAR!, or boo the team off if we get beat and show no heart, just as well as cheering them when they win.

If you buy at least one ticket in your entire life of being an LFC fan,or buy and LFC shirt at JJB sports, or buy and LFC mug from the club shop, then you are paying these peoples wages, contributing to the clubs profits/ losses, and therfore doing so can be classed "true" supporter, as you are helping to finance the club.

A lot of die hards you see at matches who've had a season ticket for 20 years, have no more rights than people who've only been once, and are from Norway.

By the way, I am LFC's number one fan! as we all know!

Hee Hee!

:D
72-1090627431

Postby quakesfan » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:10 pm

I consider myself a true Liverpool fan because I went to Liverpool twice in two months from California.  However the first trip I didn't see them because they played Portsmouth in the FA cup and they had to do a replay in Portsmouth.

The second time around, a month later, I flew back to England but this time I saw five matches in one week with Liverpool being one of them against Blackburn.  I even got a tour of Anfield and took some great pictures of the place.  A few days later I went to see Everton in their stadium and showed the guy next to me the pictures of the locker room with all the Liverpool jerseys and told him how awesome it was.  He knew I was an American and that I "didn't know any better" but I did.

I follow the time as much as I can here in California but of course I love the San Jose Earthquakes because this is where I live. www.sjearthquakes.com
quakesfan

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:14 pm

You're a critic and an a**ewh*le.

:kungfu:
115-1073096938

Postby charwell » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:58 am

I would say a true supporter doesn't blame LFC fans for Hillsborough and then revel in the hate and anymosity he has caused. Crawl back under your stone you slimy little twerp Hustler
charwell

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:42 am

A true fan have a right to be passionate, and give constructive criticism where it merits.
A true fan of this club also love the City and respect it's people.
A true fan of football understand football, otherwise you are just a spectator.
A true fan who wanted to post and share his views on this forum should learn "Netiquette" and respect other forumers.

Until you learn to do that, don't expect to be taken seriously...or call your self a "True fan"
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BoogiePimp » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:16 am

I would consider myself a true fan ,I do not live in liverpool and have only been to about 7 matches .but I have followed liverpool since I was 4 years old from the day my dad bought me a liverpool kit ,lol

I also think a true liverpool fan would not diss others coz they happen to live outside the city and cannot afford to go to many games they realise for their  team to be able to compete with the likes of manure and real madrid we need as much support from around the world as possible, however large or small..

I also think the sign of a true liverpool fan is how gutted they feel when we lose ...and i feel like ******  :glare:
BoogiePimp

Postby Rafa » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:46 am

Santa wrote:A true fan have a right to be passionate, and give constructive criticism where it merits.
A true fan who wanted to post and share his views on this forum should learn "Netiquette" and respect other forumers.

Until you learn to do that, don't expect to be taken seriously...or call your self a "True fan"

I will second that, u put it much better than wat i could  :cool:
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:35 am

Great post Santa I agree with you completely.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:48 pm

Santa wrote:A true fan have a right to be passionate, and give constructive criticism where it merits.

Yep thats me!
72-1090627431

Postby XSD » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:24 pm

After 'watching' a game (whole 90mins) on teletext you are a true supporter.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:32 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:

Yep thats me!

Yeah right!! ???

T*ss*r!! :kungfu:
115-1073096938

Postby kenco » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:06 pm

WHY PUT UP WITH THIS SILLY T**T HUSTLER ANY LONGER .JUST DON'T REPLY TO THIS KN*B HEADS POST'S ANY MORE.LET'S MAKE A PACT, ALL OF US . JUST IGNORE HIM. FOR GODS SAKE, HE'S ONLY A MANC.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK HIM OFF.  :p :p :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:47 pm

is right :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:51 pm

I was probably one of the most outspoken members on this forum about the virtues of true supporters, those from Liverpool and "wools", and I must a dmit I have been pleasently surprised with the knowledge and love for LFC that most of the users of this forum have, (even Dr Liverpool).

However, Hustler you are about as much of a Liverpool supporter as Rafa Benitez is a German. Your disgraceful outburst on the tradgedy that many Liverpool fans still have nightmares about was a disgrace, and you have no place on this forum, at anfield or in this beautiful city.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:01 pm

as we've said now though, thats enough about him

no more posts to/about hustler. he no longer exists.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion