What is a "true liverpool supporter" - Anyone know?.............read on

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thecatsmeow » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:08 pm

why do you have to love liverpool as a city to support liverpool the team... personally as a city its no better or worse than any other.....and to be honest wouldnt want to live there....no offence to those who do...
thecatsmeow

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:26 pm

See someone agrees!

Just cause i slate the city, it doesnt mean i have to like going there. i just think its quite scruffy, and never mind having to like liverpool people to support the team. I wouldnt live there if it was the only council house left in the world.

A lot of LFC players dont live there....someone ask them why!?

I dont care about what you scallies say, alright la?

Most of Liverpool fc's greates ever players were not scousers...IE; Dalglish, Souness Alan Kennedy, Michael Owen, Joh  Barnes, Beardo, Craig Johnston, Ray Houghton, Steve Nicol, Dudek, Smicer, Kewell etc etc etc.

Just cause you aint from that dump, doesnt mean you have to like it.

Believe me when I go the match Im straight in the city and straight out! I dont loiter!
most fans are cockneys/ Foreginers anyway.

It will be better when the new ground is moved to stanley park, and is no longer amidst scruffy, run down houses/pubs and scallies.

Jim Morrison, you told me to swallow some steriods, you and swallow some hard drugs, like your hero, like smack! that finished him off!
Jim Morrison only supported Liverpool cause thats where he stopped to buy his drugs.

I may well come back in a disguised screen name, to trick you all.
:D
72-1090627431

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:28 pm

bloody hell!!!!  :angry:  :angry:

here we go again!!

you dont have to love the city, but if yer gonna slag it then expect to be told where to go. agree with yer point about it bein a city like any other (actually i dont, but i know what you mean). but no excuse for slaggin it.

actually would anyone else be comfortable supportin a team from a city they didnt know/love/were from?

that seems to be part of why liverpool is in my blood. i'm from here, there's an extra connection cos you're supportin a team that represents your city. how you can just "like" any team baffles me.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:30 pm

that wasnt to hustler that was to catsmeow
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby thecatsmeow » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:41 pm

I live in Kendal mate .........any suggestions........dont say carlisle/blackpool...plus my old man is from liverpool thats how come im a red..
thecatsmeow

Postby thecatsmeow » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:49 pm

was the whole of that post to me jim?? because if it was read on

who said i only liked LFC .....did i slag liverpool as a city i just said i wouldnt want to live there personal preference .. i also said no offence meant to those that do......if you wish to exclude people from supporting liverpool to those that live in the city ...good luck because "OUR" club will slowly die...more revenue for liverpool fc is actually generated outside the city than in it (shirt sales etc)..
thecatsmeow

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:50 pm

when people say "i'm from such-and-such, who am i meant to support?"  i sumtimes feel like sayin "well its tough you come from sumwhere where the footy teams are shi**. i'm a jammy bas**** cos i'm from liverpool, so sorry about that but its not my fault."

but seen as your da's a scouser i can understand. that qualifies.     

there's no set criteria, but you can see the difference between people who like the team, and people who support them cos they represent liverpool (the city)
LFC Super Member

Postby thecatsmeow » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:01 pm

Bulls**t jim so what your saying is if your job took you away from liverpool you would just like them and not support them

i doubt it but i suppose there is another set of rules..

i hate using this as  an example but look at the hillsborough pages and tell me you cannot be passionate about liverpoolfc if you dont live there
thecatsmeow

Postby RedorDead » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:55 pm

I've been to Liverpool once in my life, when I was 7 years old, since that day I supported Liverpool...my reason for "adopting" them was that as a kid in a non football household I didn't have a clue and had only heard of Liverpool through reputation...call it sad, call it glory supporting but since that day, 21 years ago I have never veered from my support and love for the club, I play football now and adore the game mainly because of Liverpool. I was always..ALWAYS...Ian Rush when we played World-Cup, I cried at the Heissel Stadium disaster even though i couldn't comprehend what happened (I was so young and dint understand I just wanted to know who won the game) I cried as a 14 year old boy when Arsenal beat us 2-0 in 89  and snatched the league, I cheered and lost my voice at the Everton cup finals in 86 and 89....I stuck with my team through the bad patch of the 90's, I watched around 25 games live on TV of our Treble season, I have been to games when i can, not many but when I can...seen Rush play, Fowler, barnes, Owen, gerrard...all the greats through the years....I look forward to the coming season with real excitement and I love Liverpool Football Club because.....well....just because
That makes me a True Supporter in my eyes and to me noone else's eyes matter!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:20 pm

I may well come back in a disguised screen name, to trick you all.
:D

Apart from the people who have you I.P. address and the people who know your style of posting. :;):
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:35 pm

I wouldnt dispute that out of towners cant be passionate about our football club. But if a out of towner ever said to me that he is more so than me id have to disagree. You just cant share the same passion as someone who was born in the city, brought up in it and probably now works in it. Im sorry its just not possible. The club is representing the people to me. This is not a dig as i think its a great thing that the club is a world wide one also.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:52 pm

Madred totally agree.

My team is about my city. I love this place, always have, always will.

Said to me mate today how even if i move away this will always be home and if i ever did move away, no matter how much i loved what i'd moved to i'd still look forward to the day i could return here. To me the club is a massive part of this city. I am proud i'm from Liverpool, in my eyes its the greatest city in the world and ALWAYS will be.
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:55 pm

You can take the boy out of Liverpool Stu but you cant take Liverpool out the boy!! :D
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:58 pm

Madred, I know what you are saying, I truly do, I love Liverpool more than anything although I go to Brighton games as a supporter, being from Brighton.
And I would NEVER say I love Liverpool more than anyone else...however my passion for the club is as pure and unadulterated as any I would say. You say that Liverpool represents the people to you and that is fair enough, my own love and support for the club comes from what the team means to me...it is very hard to explain, but it is like Liverpool is like my best mate...I love it, just because it has been there for me for over 20 years...it is the institution and what it represents that I love abd support. I know you are not saying this at all Madred, but what I hate is people who feel they have some sort of superiority over other supporters for whatever reason...Hustlers original post had some good points and I agree that anyone can love a team as much as anyone else, noone can judge. If you'd seen me on FA Cup final day in..was it 96 when we lost to Man Utd...I was 21 yrs old and sobbing (ignore the beers I had drunk)
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:20 am

Fair play redordead. I dont really want to get in a debate because i honestly dont feel more superior to any other fan on this forum. I just said what i have always felt and people will disagree with me on this one. Take Stevie's proposed move to Chelsea? Would there have been as much publicity about it if he was from another city in England? The answer is no because he is Liverpool through and through. Stevie himself is representing every Scouser who dreamt of being out there on that pitch! Would his guilty conscience have kicked in if he hadnt been born in this city and supported this club?? Does that tell you anything?? To me there is a difference.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion