THE MICHAEL OWEN THREAD - all owen talk here from now on please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:11 am

I envy Chelsea, Man UTD and Arsenal. Hell I even envy Everton "a wee bit" as Souness would say. But I sure as hell don't envy a 5th placed medicre squad who undeservedly won a cup due to bad refereeing and FREAK under performances from teams who actually deserved to suceed.

In the dictionary under the word "moron" your picture is there.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gaunt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:12 am

LMAO classic AB  :D
Gaunt

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:17 am

A.B. wrote:
the thing that confuses me is:

liverpool are the champions of europe,why arent they going for the likes of:shevchenko,nedved,trezegeut,raul etc.

Just because you win the Champions Leauge doesn't mean that you'll grow 100 million pounds out of your ar$e.

fecking a to that   :buttrock   a good run in the cl is verry important for us  or even winning the dam thing again   for the money side that is verry important  youre right a.b.  everybody thinks youve got tons of money when you win the cl,  my mate at work said last week liverpool must of made 70 million for winning the cl ?    i said back to him after counting to ten  what world are you living in jack   :alien:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:22 am

i wonder how much rafa has in the pot left
kopite_1232002

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:32 am

Well I hope Owen decides to come back to Liverpool. Benitez has played it well not saying anything, but a little to well, I would have liked to know if we were at least interested.

I think letting Owen slip through our finigers would be criminal especially to newcastle.

COME BACK MICHAEL.

THERES ONLY ONE MICHAEL OWEN!!!!!!
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:16 am

kopite_1232002 wrote:i wonder how much rafa has in the pot left

i would like to know that to  rafas pot !!!    i dont think the money for owen would come from the pot  if needed he will get extra for owen,  the money in the pot is for the cb and the rw   the next 2 days are going to be unreal   i think rafas decided cisse cant run liverpools front line  i think cisse will go to france in the next 24 hours  paving the way for owens return,  forget what the press are saying about the toons   do you think rafa would be trying to sell cisse if he didnt think he could thrash out a deal with my mob friends rm     :cool:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:21 am

hi nufc 1986  how much doe does rm owe you for woodgate  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:45 am

Hey Tommo,65 posts in one day and every one of them is bollox.Why dont you stick to breeding ferrets and growing leeks.

Can't wait till owen signs for us after you all told me he would rather die. I'll be here when he does read to rip the p*ss out of you. Just ain't got the financial muscle to compete with the big boys.

Since when have Newcastle been big boys.Not that long since you were in the 2nd division playing to half empty stadiums,even now you havent sold all your season tickets.Face it lad your sh!te, you have always been sh!te, and always will be sh!te.

What would you rather have Tommo,Freddys money or our silverwear?

If Owen signs for Newcastle,you say you will rip the p!ss out of us,feel free to try.

I have a five year old son who in his short life has seen Liverpool win more trophies,than you will ever see your club win.......Pr!ck.
Last edited by The Red Baron on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
84-1106852058

Postby matrix » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:59 am

The Red Baron wrote:Hey Tommo,65 posts in one day and every one of them is bollox.Why dont you stick to breeding ferrets and growing leeks.

Can't wait till owen signs for us after you all told me he would rather die. I'll be here when he does read to rip the p*ss out of you. Just ain't got the financial muscle to compete with the big boys.

Since when have Newcastle been big boys.Not that long since you were in the 2nd division playing to half empty stadiums,even now you havent sold all your season tickets.Face it lad your sh!te, you have always been sh!te, and always will be sh!te.

What would you rather have Tommo,Freddys money or our silverwear?

If Owen signs for Newcastle,you say you will rip the p!ss out of us,feel free to try.

I have a five year old son who in his short life has seen Liverpool win more trophies,than you will ever see your club win.

i felt the same way  baron   i dont mind outsiders from time to time  but that guy talked total shi.te   :angry:                   not one player in there team could lick alonsos boots   :buttrock

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:11 am

What i dont get was how this idiot  was allowed to carry on posting for so long , didnt any of the mods  think to block him ?
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:46 am

Real Madrid have insisted they will not sell Michael Owen on the cheap as Liverpool and Newcastle step up their bid to sign the England star.

The Magpies have already had a club record bid, believed to be £16m, accepted by the Spanish giants.

However, Owen has admitted he would prefer to rejoin Liverpool, who are reported to have offered far less for the 25-year-old England striker.

Real vice-president Emilio Butragueno revealed: "We have received two bids from England, one of which has been accepted already. The other will be discussed by the directors today.

"If Owen doesn't want to join a particular club after we have accepted a bid then he will stay and fight for Real.

"We can review the situation in January or at the end of the season if nothing happens this week," quotes The Independent.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:08 am

Chelsea forever.

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:09 am

owen made us wait last year for him to sign the contract, now lets make him wait until the last minute so he can see what it feels like
112-1077774096

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:25 am

Real Madrid's directors will meet on Tuesday to consider Liverpool's bid for England striker Michael Owen.

The 25-year-old met Anfield boss Rafael Benitez on Monday for talks, before also holding a meeting with Newcastle.

The St James' Park club have had a £17m offer accepted, but Liverpool are not willing to pay anything like that much.

Real Madrid vice-president Emilio Butragueno said: "We have received two bids from England, one of which has been accepted already."

He added: "The other will be discussed by the directors today (Tuesday)."

Liverpool are thought to have proposed a season-long loan deal, with a view to eventually repaying Real the £8m they bought Owen for.

However, the European champions could be in a position to offer more attractive terms to Madrid if they sell Djbril Cisse, with Marseille and Monaco both interested.

Latest on Cisse

Real have warned Owen, however, that he will have to stay if Liverpool's offer is not satisfactory.

"If Owen doesn't want to join a particular club after we have accepted a bid then he will stay and fight for Real," said Butragueno.

"We can review the situation in January or at the end of the season if nothing happens this week."

Owen was left out of Madrid's squad for the first game of their season after falling behind Ronaldo, Raul, Julio Baptista and Robinho in the pecking order.

He travelled to England and met Benitez for two-and-a-half hours, before travelling to Northumberland.

There he met Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd and his son, manager Graeme Souness, captain Alan Shearer and coach Dean Saunders.

Owen has said he would play for the Magpies only on a one-year loan deal, although the club are trying to persuade him of the merits of a permanent move before Wednesday's transfer deadline.

Newcastle said in a statement on their website: "England striker Michael Owen held talks with Newcastle about a move to St James' Park.

"Owen and his representatives met up with a delegation from United at a Northumberland hotel.

"Real Madrid accepted a club record offer from Newcastle last week, and it is now up to the player to decide where his future lies."

Shearer told BBC Five Live he has spent "a fortune in phone calls to Madrid" trying to sway his former England strike partner into choosing Newcastle.

"We have three days left to try to convince him to come here. We're still in there fighting for him," he said.

Shearer told Owen that the hero status he would enjoy with Newcastle fans would make a permanent move to the north east worthwhile.

"I know if he came here he would be loved. They love their goalscorers up here and he would be a hero," he added.

"I know better than anyone what reception he would get here. I've had several phone conversations with him.

"But I don't have to tell him what passionate supporters we are. In the end he'll make his own mind up and will do what is best for himself."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:56 am

matrix wrote:hi nufc 1986  how much doe does rm owe you for woodgate  ???

i don't know,there was somekind of agreement that when woody was fit,real madrid would pay the rest,however much "the rest" is i`m not sure,but we sold him for £13.5m!
nufc1986

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion