Lfc reserves - The future looks bright....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Another goal from Nemeth tonight as the ressies go top of the league with a 4-0 win over Boro.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:53 pm

And two from Spearing, i should praise him more often  :;):

Missed this one as i was in work until 8, does anyone know if and when it will be shown again ?
All thats on now is the Porto game from last week.

One things for sure the lad Nemeth can obviously play, 5 in 3 now, its a pity he wasnt fit when we played Cardiff in the carling cup cos he might of got a chance.
I bet if were playing a lower league side next week in the Carling cup a few more of them would get a look in.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:27 pm

Its on tomorrow at 5 am Eastern time is that 9 or 10 over there?

Worth putting Nemeth on the bench, not sure how Chelsea are going to approach the game, although I would think it would be pretty strong, how much worse could he be than voronin or kuyt? at least he knows where the goal is and what the job of a STRIKER is.

Also, on further review, Duran is a holding midfielder, more in the Xabi ALonso style than the mascherano style, but that means he will probably compete more with plessis than Spearing. but today he came on for Leto so I am not sure where he was playing
JoeTerp

Postby mungi » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 am

great win. nemeth is on fire.
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:59 am

couldn't put it better also jay is class like another javier
holylamb2006

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:52 am

holylamb2006 wrote:

couldn't put it better also jay is class like another javier

He offers a lot more than Mascherano on the attacking front.  He has great passion for the club, loves to get stuck in and put in a tackle, is showing great signs and making strides in his offensive game.  Has potential to be a very very solid all-around midfielder.  Would like to see him loaned off to a championship side to gain some first team experience
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:15 pm

Just watched the full 90 minutes of the Boro game, and saw a lot of positives. Granted, I am probably the opposite of a football scout, but I love what I see from Nemeth. I think a lot of strikers would love for someone to say about them, "all he does is score goals" they would say great, thats my job,  and I must be doing it well enough for them to say thats all i do, but he is always getting involved and linking attacking from wide, getting in good positions AS WELL AS finishing. Should have had 2 in this one, but everybody misses a chance here and there. I know its to early but . . he NEEDS to play in the FA Cup tie, can't wait to see more from this kid.  Also, I love this kid because he gets the BIGGEST SMile on his face every time he scores.  Its like he got everything he could have asked for and more on Christmas everytime.  After his first goal in his first game he looked back at Gary and gave him a thumbs up and a big smile.

Insua started slow, and had the ball taken off him rather easily a couple times in the begining, but he is constantly bombing forward playing nice one-twos, has a good left foot.  Could still use some shoring up of his defensive skills and final attacking move decision making ability. Can see why he is not yet ready for Prime Time, but can also see that he is a keeper (and no not a goalkeeper)

Plessis does well in controlling the midfield, but too many stray passes for me, certainly a LOT of upside though.

Huth and San Jose, both big and solid at the back, I'd give the edge to Huth as an all around player

Darby is quality, but for me, I would think he would need 18 months or so of first team action elseswhere before giving him a legit shot and making the position his own. 

Puterill lots of passion for the club, and has skill with BOTH feet ( a real problem for a lot of the team) but I would probably bet against him making it into the first team  (I am guessing that is probably the case for most of the players if you play odds maker but the pay is only 2:1 on any player)

Crowther - new right winger from stockport county. got a rare chance because he normally sits so El Zhar or Puterill can play.  Don't really rate the players ahead of him so needless to say I don't have high hopes for Ryan.  But her did TRY very hard to impress, he just didn't.  I think there was some double swoop package deal when we got him or something where we also brought in an U16 from Stockport as well, but I could be confusing him with somebody else

Jordy Brouwer - needs to go.  He just doesnt cut it as a striker IMO. He is like a taller lankier Voronin, but with the worst finishing of any person claiming to be a striker.  TO be fair, in the last couple of games he has had some nice touches that linked the play up. But IMO, he is just taking away chances for Lindfield, Pacheco, Bruna, Pourie, and Eccelston. Sounds a bit harsh, but I think it is true.

David Martin - Could use 18-24 months on loan as a consistent starter before he can replace Itandje.

Leto - I think he could benefit from spending the 2nd half of the season trying to keep a Scottish side up like Hammill did last year. It would really toughen him up and give him some consistent playing time

El Zhar - who either traveled to France or his hurt (can't remember which) is already 21 and been at the club for over a year, Pennant is hurt, and he still can't get a game. I have to question whether or not he has plateaued or not.  Sadly, would probably also have to say that the odds are against him.
JoeTerp

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:53 pm

anyone got highlights to that game?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:05 pm

here is the reserve mini-derby for ya in case you haven't seen that yet

and the match against Man City

this one is kind of old the Newcastle reserve match from late October
JoeTerp

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:17 pm

no i meant the boro game... watched the mini derby...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:22 pm

the Boro game e-season highlight package came out today, so I would think it would take a couple of days before someone puts it on youtube
JoeTerp

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:40 pm

Two players I would love to see are Jay Spearing and Krisztian Nemeth.

I'm reading alot of good reviews on them, maybe we will see them in the F.A cup?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ferrariboy21 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:48 pm

Highlights: Reserves 4-0 Boro
Watch highlights of Liverpool Reserves' 4-0 win over Boro
VIEW/DOWNLOAD
Last edited by ferrariboy21 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferrariboy21

Postby mungi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:26 am

thanks m8
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ferrariboy21 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:51 am

[center]U-18: Liverpool vs Man Utd (01.12.07)
German ace Marvin Pourie scored a fantastic goal as he helped Liverpool Under-18s battle back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with Manchester United at Carrington on Saturday morning. Credits to CG8

DOWNLOAD
VIEW
[/center]
ferrariboy21

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion