Lfc reserves - The future looks bright....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:50 am

Morning all..

Was watching the LFC Rerves vs. the Toffee scum last night on Setanta. I have to say I was impressed by quite a few of the young 'uns. Nemeth (is that how you spell his name ?) in particular up front; Leto; el Zhar; central defence; and a 16 year old - Pacheko (?) from Barcelona.....pretty good stuff to be honest.
Mind you, the Toffee scum didn't put up a whole lot of resistance. That bloke van der Meyde is totally gone to the dogs.
It was good to see, and let's hope some of these lads make it all the way to the top....

P.S. I normally don't tune into the Reserves games, but it was either that or watch Trinny & Susannah - guess which one the missus wanted to watch !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:42 am

Good result, and some decent looking kids, but its a big step up like.

Moved also.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:11 pm

I'd like to see youngster coming from the youth system even if there's a big step to the first team. Other great clubs were able to do that, and this is the only thing I envy of them

So far, only Hobbs, who if I recall correctly, was played as a centre mid by Paco Herrera in order to improve his passing, has made it to the first team in the recent years. After 4 years of Rafa's tenure I'd like to start to see some youngsters coming to the first team.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:04 pm

Sabre wrote:I'd like to see youngster coming from the youth system even if there's a big step to the first team. Other great clubs were able to do that, and this is the only thing I envy of them

So far, only Hobbs, who if I recall correctly, was played as a centre mid by Paco Herrera in order to improve his passing, has made it to the first team in the recent years. After 4 years of Rafa's tenure I'd like to start to see some youngsters coming to the first team.

Jack Hobbs is trying to break into the first team, I guess when Hyppia leaves, he would have a chance to prove himself.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:16 pm

Players from the youth or reserves that have played in the first team in the last four years:

Emanual Insua
Sebastian Leto
JAck Hobbs
Nabil El Zhar
Stephen Warnock
Darren Potter
Neil Mellor
Zak Whitbread
John Welsh
Mark Smyth
David Raven

There may be more.

Point being they are not good enough.

All these great clubs that do it, who are they ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Players from the youth or reserves that have played in the first team in the last four years:

Emanual Insua
Sebastian Leto
JAck Hobbs
Nabil El Zhar
Stephen Warnock
Darren Potter
Neil Mellor
Zak Whitbread
John Welsh
Mark Smyth
David Raven

There may be more.

Point being they are not good enough.

All these great clubs that do it, who are they ?

I'd agree that most are not good enough, maybe from out of 20 youngsters, 2 or 3 are good enough to play for Liverpool, IMO either squad players or key players in the future.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:21 pm

Barcelona's youth system has produced players like Puyol, Fabregas, Xavi and Iniesta. All of them but Fabregas playing in the first team. Messi and Bojan came from the youth system aswell.

Certainly I envy them for that. Note that they've done RARELY that through out their history, but in the last years, they've done a good work and they have received the fruits of that work.

I think Liverpool are a greater club than Barcelona, and I don't envy them in no way, but that detail. It's just the will to see our very own youngsters playing for us, that's the point of the whole youth system.

In the case of Warnock at least he's playing in the premiership, but what about Neil Mellor?

Well, I don't know if it's just bad luck or we have to improve something in that aspect of the club, but that's a point of slight criticism from me. I hope the current policy of buying a lot of young foreigners can give us players in the next four years.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:24 pm

Gary Ablett did and interview before the game and said that Rafa thinks that a majority of the players are on an 18-24 month track to the first team.  I would think this would be referring to Spearing, Darby, Plessis, Pacheco, Bruna, Insua, and one of the goalies.  I think most of the loan guys should be fringe first teamers or sold by next year.
JoeTerp

Postby europian-kings » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:27 pm

watched it on lfctv this morn at 11.
i was impressed, we outplayed everton all game.
a few young stars there that have potential.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:27 pm

Nemeth is looking a good prospect, 4 goals in his first 2 games, very highly rated
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:04 pm

Sabre wrote:Barcelona's youth system has produced players like Puyol, Fabregas, Xavi and Iniesta. All of them but Fabregas playing in the first team. Messi and Bojan came from the youth system aswell.

Over the same period mate, read:

Owen
Carragher
Gerrard
Fowler
Mcmanaman
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:06 pm

Sabre wrote:I'd like to see youngster coming from the youth system even if there's a big step to the first team. Other great clubs were able to do that, and this is the only thing I envy of them

Ave tuned in tho the reserves for a few seasns now on the e season ticket online and now on the new tv channel. 

Ive noticed Rafa likes to play these kids in all different positions.  Ave seen JAy Spearing play in almost every position apart from in goal.  The reason behind this gives them a better understanding of the game.  Jack Hobbs was played in midfield to improve his reading of the game.  As in midfield you see more of the ball than in defence.  I think I  read a little peace about it on the main site a when that spanish Herreerrra type dude was in charge.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:11 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Sabre wrote:Barcelona's youth system has produced players like Puyol, Fabregas, Xavi and Iniesta. All of them but Fabregas playing in the first team. Messi and Bojan came from the youth system aswell.

Over the same period mate, read:

Owen
Carragher
Gerrard
Fowler
Mcmanaman

Yes, impressive list. My will/concern is about that continuing that way. In the last 4 years I've seen little people who can make the jump.

Obviously Rafa's work cannot be seen in the first 2 or 3 years, I'm just hoping his policy will be able to provide a similar list like the one you've remembered in the following years rather than buy everything with money muscle. Anyhow, it's a romantic concern of mine, as long as we win, and the supporters of Anfield keep being that loyal, every other detail will be secondary
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:07 pm

"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:46 pm

Good first goal, although the keeper probably wants shooting for letting it past him. It was well within the post.

Will definitely keep an eye on the lad. :D
ivor_the_injun

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion