The future is bright - Best players have years in them

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:31 am

Unless Owen decides to pack it in, our triumvent of star quality is looking good for the future.

Owen, Gerrard, Kewell.

It struck me while playing TCM(a conf team no LFC) that in 2007 they were 26 and 27 years old respectively while Giggs, Scholes were 33, RVN was 30.

I'm no expert, but as far as world cups go, a mature side of 26-28 is supposedly the ideal mixture of youth and experience.
A player is supposedly at the peak of his career during these 3 years, the former years are developing and the latter, declining physically.

Now add to that, Pongolle, Le Tallec, Baros, Carrager all play to potential, we have the makings of a very good side.

I dont want this thread to turn into another Houlier debate, blah blah but houlier will only stuff it. Lets just talk about our team and assume management will change at sometime. What matters is we have a TEAM and not a bunch of talented individuals. Forget ManU, Arsenal....we are Liverpool, we will do things differently and be successful, we dont have to emulate them for success, because if we try to emulate them, we will be one step behind.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cleman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:50 am

but don't forget ManU also have talented young players....Ronaldo, Fletcher, Djemba-Djemba, O'Shea and Arsenal with Aliadiere, Reyes etc....
Cleman

Postby Red » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:02 am

yes they do, ones of the age of Latellac and pongolle, but not of the calibre and experience of kewell, gerrard and owen.

My point is, if the trio stay together, we could see something special in years to come. IF I were manager, Id sure make them the nucleus, build a style and team around them...
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:00 pm

Seems fair enough assuming Owen doesn't get tempted away from Anfield.  I imagine Kewell and Gerrard will stay for some years yet.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:09 am

Assuming the players aren't sold or wish to leave then our squad is quite young. Trouble is how many have been there 4-5 years and how many are likely to stay that long?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:27 am

If Houllier goes... most of the players will do also.

Houllier is a sh##e manager remember and none of this has ever crossed his mind.

He doesn't realise this. He doesn't care about the club or the future of the club. He isn't trying to build a young side with talent. He wants us to rot and be sh##e and finish 4th forever.

He clearly doesn't have any vision as the players he signs will never be anything above ordinary and none of which have potential. None of them will ever become any better and Liverpool will forever be a rubbish side.

He doesn't understand the way to develope young players and systems.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:36 am

Whatever you think about the management its beyond doubt LFC have a Squad capable of winning the prem, whether they have the menatal strength allied to that talent remains to be seen. All too often we crumble when the pressure builds and we have to address that issue to progress, whether that issue is best addressed by a  different has been a source of great debate on here but whatever your views the problem remaisn despite having the best LFC squad for years ...>Walk On ..
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:19 am

stu_the_red wrote:If Houllier goes... most of the players will do also.

Houllier is a sh##e manager remember and none of this has ever crossed his mind.

He doesn't realise this. He doesn't care about the club or the future of the club. He isn't trying to build a young side with talent. He wants us to rot and be sh##e and finish 4th forever.

He clearly doesn't have any vision as the players he signs will never be anything above ordinary and none of which have potential. None of them will ever become any better and Liverpool will forever be a rubbish side.

He doesn't understand the way to develope young players and systems.

If the players leave because they are loyal to the manager and not the club then they should ***** off. If they are playing for him and not the club then they should ***** off. We want players who want to represent Liverpool not a bunch of mercenaries
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:20 am

Dalglish wrote:Whatever you think about the management its beyond doubt LFC have a Squad capable of winning the prem, whether they have the menatal strength allied to that talent remains to be seen. All too often we crumble when the pressure builds and we have to address that issue to progress, whether that issue is best addressed by a  different has been a source of great debate on here but whatever your views the problem remaisn despite having the best LFC squad for years ...>Walk On ..

100% agree. Something isn't right, be it the manager, the balance or whatever
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:45 pm

Quote (stu_the_red @ Feb. 08 2004,00:27)
If Houllier goes... most of the players will do also.

Thats rubbish. sure, some would go, but would that be such a bad thing? Kewell didn't sign for Liverpool because of GH - Stevie.G and Carra play for the team, not the manager! Do you really think Mikey would shed so many tears if GH went? Are Le-Tellec and Pongolle gonna demand a return to France if GH goes? If a new manager comes in i do not think there is the money available to rip the squad to bits and start again.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:46 pm

Good point Scottbot, I do agree with you about Kewell, he joined Liverpool because of his dream since boyhood to play for Liverpool, so dream came true for him.

Most of Liverpool players are very glad to play for Liverpool, they play for team not manager. Most of professional footballers do that, it is ambition of their life.

Like for example, Mr Beckham dreamed to play for Man Utd when he was little boy so he signed for them and it was his dream.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion