The fullback situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HighasaKUYT » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:28 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
HighasaKUYT wrote:arbeloa is arsee, aurelio is arsee most of the time, riise was arrse, finnan was good til he got old, not sure about dossena yet, got a big meaty head like. why cant rafa spot a good full back shud hav got alves

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

God help us all, is this fella sayin' we should've signed a jar of marmite ?

alves you know the one who played for sevilla, for madrid now, we were gona get him
HighasaKUYT

Postby GYBS » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:29 pm

he plays for barce now
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HighasaKUYT » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:30 pm

oh :censored: yeah, woops
HighasaKUYT

Postby HighasaKUYT » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Same thing tho aint they lol
HighasaKUYT

Postby GYBS » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:34 pm

ummm no ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:36 pm

HAHA...cant help but laugh :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby HighasaKUYT » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Im only messin!
HighasaKUYT

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:12 pm

HighasaKUYT wrote:Im only messin!

Give us a call when you've stopped messin' with yer tin of glue.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:55 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Glen Johnsen is a chelsea reject , he was never good enough for them why us? He's a average fullback , likes to go forward and average at defending , i'd still take arbeloa over him . I still can believe we sold finnan who was twice the player arbeloa is

For a start, its Johnson. Not Johnsen, for a second, how you can sit there and call him average, especially in comparrison to what we have is beyond me. He's strong, quick, good on the ball and can actually over lap and supply a cross or pass. The lads a very good player and with the exception of Bosingwa and Richards is easily as good if not better than anything else in his position, by a good distance.

He's be a massive improvement on Arbeloa who is distinctly average.

:laugh:

Gotta hand it to you Stu , despite nailing Dean Ashton and Robert Earnshaw as dead cert improvements to  LFC you still have the nuts to come in here and give spelling lessons and give it large with your "knowledge" of the game .

F'uck off lad,  :laugh:

I certainly didn't mention Robert Earnshaw lad.

Check your facts.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Glen Johnsen is a chelsea reject , he was never good enough for them why us? He's a average fullback , likes to go forward and average at defending , i'd still take arbeloa over him . I still can believe we sold finnan who was twice the player arbeloa is

For a start, its Johnson. Not Johnsen, for a second, how you can sit there and call him average, especially in comparrison to what we have is beyond me. He's strong, quick, good on the ball and can actually over lap and supply a cross or pass. The lads a very good player and with the exception of Bosingwa and Richards is easily as good if not better than anything else in his position, by a good distance.

HE got raped by city a few weeks ago , before you start to go it was a one time thing , i still think he's average , its laughable as i think players like sagna , even toure playing at right back are better than johnson . Like i said , he's good going forward , no arguments there but it's he's defending which worries me , but i can't see him moving here .

Yeah true, he was completely at fault for everything against City. He completely let the side down, the rest of them were brilliant.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Agree with Stu about Johnson, he was poor at Chelsea and defensively he still isnt the best but going forward he is a world apart from anything we have. His goal at Everton proved that when he showed superb movement in the final third.
He is decent in the air quick, strong and can beat a man at times.
Harry would probably ask a fortune if we enquired but he would be a top signing imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:37 pm

One player who i woould of liked to off seen us sign was hutton - strong in defence and solid going forward . looks a very very decent player and think will get better .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:05 pm

We don't have one good fullback which is an absolute joke. 

Dossena, Aurelio, Arbeloa & Deggen are all very average.

Finnan was the best fullback we had but he was getting a bit too long in the tooth.

Bosingwa, Cole, Clichy, Sagna, Brown, Evra are all way better fullbacks.  Even Wayne Bridge is better than anything we have.
Rockthekop

Postby JC_81 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:50 pm

Our full backs aren't our strong point if we're honest.  Finnan and Riise were fairly steady over the years for us, and were better imo than Arbeloa and Aurelio.  Dossena I'm not convinced of either but it's still early days for him so I'm not writing him off.  With our fullbacks finally being given licence this season to push forward a lot more, you wonder whether it was the right decision to let Riise go as this would've suited his game.  It may not have suited Finnan however, who may have found it difficult to bomb up and down the flank at the age of 32.

On the Glen Johnson debate, I'm not a fan.  He looks good going forward, but I'm far from convinced of him defensively - he can get caught positionally and he definitely does lose concentration at times.

Hutton I agree would have been a great buy, he's the best right back outside the top 4 by a mile.  And take note Stu, you say players' attributes don't improve?  Hutton is a living example of how they do.  When this guy broke into the Rangers side he was awful, and I mean awful.  No engine, couldn't pass, bad positioning, couldn't cross.  He has absolutely come on leaps and bounds and went from boo boy to fans' favourite there in the space of a season or so.

In terms of left backs, surely Bridge is a realistic target?  He can't be happy with being understudy to Cole, and how Chelsea have managed to keep him happy there I don't know, actually I do... money.  That's the only thing that would put me off buying him, what is his motivation?  In football terms though he's a top player.  Bale is another one I like.

There have to be guys out there that are affordable and better than what we have though - Arsenal managed to pick up Sagna, Clichy and Eboue (who is a horrible right midfielder, but was a top right back before they signed Sagna).
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

:laugh:

Gotta hand it to you Stu , despite nailing Dean Ashton and Robert Earnshaw as dead cert improvements to  LFC you still have the nuts to come in here and give spelling lessons and give it large with your "knowledge" of the game .

F'uck off lad,  :laugh:

I certainly didn't mention Robert Earnshaw lad.

Check your facts.

check my facts ?   :laugh: , Listen sunshine, Five years in this forum and I'm almost flattered that as old as I am I can still remember you tellin' us all that Earnshaw would be a great signing for LFC, especially whilst you the author of such sh'ite have now conveniently forgotten it.

If yer knob was long enough I'd suggest you go :censored: yerself.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion