Support goes both ways! - Please read this.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:22 pm

just read that back and i sound really big headed.....didnt mean it like that,i meant i have posted similar thoughts myself....sorry about that
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:33 pm

Well said Spion!! Every supporter even those unlucky enough not to get to as many games as they would like have the right to criticise!
We only do so cause passionless bad performances hurt and we care!
Some of the criticism is way OTT on here at times but at the end of the day its a forum and every individulal has a right to air their opinions however mild or extreme!
66-1120597113

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:48 pm

Rafalution wrote:I think the real problem with the slagging off of the players falls firmly at the feet of the press. Once they begin a campaign of slagging off a particular player, that player will never get good reviews no matter how well they play.
On the other hand, the press can also elevate a player to god like status purely because they know that stories about the latest hot property will shift copies of their rag. That player then becomes untouchable with regards to getting marked poorly for having a bad game.

This then get's dumped onto the forum when the no-brainer fan comes on here and spouts off about how :censored: so and so is when they are only voicing the comments they have read in the press and they haven't even seen the game in question in which that player played badly.

For me, Peter Crouch is the epitome of this because the lad hasn't played too badly in a red shirt in my opinion. The press however keep rattling on about how he still hasn't scored and this is picked up on by the no-brainer fan who then boos the lad when he plays for England.
Now, fair enough, he might not be setting the world on fire, but he hasn't played badly enough to warrant booing just yet ! He at least contributes to the side and you cannot fault his commitment.

Until people stop taking the easy way out and spout the popular views of the press on this forum, we will continue to see the odd occasional view on a player which is formed with insight and arguments to back it up and is used to vent frustrations in a constructive way alongside another 10 posts saying that Kewell and Traore are :censored: with no more substance to the post ! It's up to us to sort the wheat from the chaff and try not to get too wound up by the ridiculous popularist posts which are made on here and pay more attention to the good ones !

Excellent post, best I have heard in a while!  Keep 'em coming mate!
76-1115222408

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:45 am

spion wrote:Some people on this msg board have questioned others of there loyalty to Liverpool because they have the balls to knock some players performances this season.
Well as a paid up season ticket holder who's been to all but one of our woeful away games this season & paid for last seasons european adventure's with so much overtime that I basically live at work I think I can "slag" players who pull on the red shirt & show no pride & no knowledge of what Liverpool football club means to its supporters. When I see players not even try in games & act like they do not care, am I stiil to applaud as they get subbed because my commitment to the club I've supported all my life will be questioned?
When I see players miss sitter after sitter am I to cheer there name next game as they trot on to the pitch because I might hurt the overpaid feelings of some of our premadonnas? I place my opinions on here because sometimes others do the same & seem to agree. Not always are my opinions right & I admit that at times we do go over the top about Kewell, Traore, Garcia & Josemi among others. But if we let players get away with mediocre performances we're letting Liverpool be confortable in mid-table which must be worse than knocking bad players, must be worse than saying it's just not good enough.
Too many people listen to Five-live & Talksport with there guarded opinions & mimic them instead of trying out there own opinions.
I stand on the Kop & I hear other "supporters" some young, some old & they'll barrack any player not pulling there weight(Gerrard included)for the red shirt. So let us knock & let us praise. Because this media we use is important & all should be seen.

Right on Spion, I really feel that Crouch is on borrowed time. We are supporters and not sicophants. Not spelling champs either.  :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion