Steven gerrard - Will he stay?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:01 pm

I have been impressed with Steven Gerrard this season. He has matured this and become much more consistent. He is no longer a boy, and we all know how important it is for a footballer to win big throphies. As much as I hate to admit it, he will not do this with Liverpool. Steven Gerrard is the kind of player that deserves to win things. Maybe he need to move on for his own sake?

Who cares if Owen leaves as long as we have Pongo and Baros. We will find it more difficult to replace Gerrard.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:21 pm

Steven won't move anywhere, he signed a new contract last December. There is no way to let him go, we need him.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:56 pm

To a player, a contract is worth no more than the paper its written on. In fact to the player's agent a big fat contract is something which goes in their favour - the bigger & longer the contract, the bigger the transfer fee if that player decides to tear his contract up and go elsewhere. The bigger the transfer fee, the bigger the agent's slice of the money. There will be agents queing all f##king day to get Stevie to up sticks and go so they can get their greedy mitts on even more wonga.

Let's hope Stevie's heart rules his head and he stays FOREVER. Without him I shudder to think where we'd be this season.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:34 am

banana wrote:I have been impressed with Steven Gerrard this season. He has matured this and become much more consistent. He is no longer a boy, and we all know how important it is for a footballer to win big throphies. As much as I hate to admit it, he will not do this with Liverpool. Steven Gerrard is the kind of player that deserves to win things. Maybe he need to move on for his own sake?

Who cares if Owen leaves as long as we have Pongo and Baros. We will find it more difficult to replace Gerrard.

Steven Gerrard did sign a new contract and I think/hope he will honour it. Also I think he will stay as he is the capitain (and I think he loves the armband).
I doubt very much that he will leave THIS summer.

Now you said there he wont win trophys with LFC now how old is gerrard ? He has many years ahead of him and we will win a few trophys (hopefully he will be here when we do).

You also said who cares if Owen leaves well I do and I think so do many other people on this forum.
Its true that it would be hard to replace Gerrard but hopefully we wont have to do that.

:)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:21 am

Gerard and Owen are both indispencable. Owen is the more likely to move I think Gerard will be at Liverpool for much longer.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:30 am

Steven Gerrard is quite simply the best player at Liverpool by a fair disatnce and has been for some time. His performances in an otherwise disappointing season have been a joy to watch. I sincerely hope he stays and I think next season is key in his career as a professional. If we make progress then he will undoubteadly stay but if he continues to put in the performances he has and Liverpool underachieve again then I fear the same will hapen to him as is obviously happening with Owen at present :(  Football careers are relativly short and the very best players want to play at the very best clubs. Players like Gerrard dont go unnoticed and he is one of the few players around that could practically walk into ANY team in the world , Real Madrid included. Walk on ......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:37 am

Here's a bold statement but Stevie G in Evan's LIverpool circa Collymore and Fowler and we would have pis*ed  the league ,in fact in any of the current top 3 sides and they would have already won the league he's that good
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:26 am

Gerrard will stay for at least a season or two more. He is young and will want to achieve great things with Liverpool. However, like Owen he will not be prepared to wait forever and it may come down to a choice - Gerrard or Gerard :(
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:38 pm

stevie g said today he would have to consider his own future if gerard houllier was replaced at anfield next season.Would it be worth losing stevie,to get rid of houllier?  :(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:02 pm

If his loyalty is to Houllier and not Liverpool FC then he should go. I suspect that it is a token gesture on his part, perhaps he is frustrated at the criticism of Houllier even if it is (fully) justified
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:24 pm

I love stevie but his comment today if meant means he should go with Houllier. He isn't bigger than the club. I feel he has said that just to take the flak of the gaffer. I honestly think he doesn't mean what he's said, having said that if he does he should go, but that would kill us for another ten years.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:09 pm

How idiotic are you?

All he said is he'd have to consider his own future.

He didn't say "if Houllier goes i go". He said he'd have to consider it and rightly so. Its all he's ever known as a proffessional.

Houllier has made Gerrard what he is today and to many people are quick to dismiss that. Stevey has every right to believe in the manager that made him what he is i don't see whats wrong with that.
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Houllier has made Gerrard what he is today

???
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:15 pm

Owzat... whats the face for? Who was Steven Gerrard before Houllier took charge?

Answer a little scally from Huyton.

What is he now? Captain of Englands most successfull football team one of the best players in Europe and absoloute world class.

When players don't get the right coaching they become a Joe Cole... someone with bags of potential has never filled it.

Like it or not... Houllier made Steven Gerrard what he is today.

End of.
115-1073096938

Postby redspirit » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:04 pm

When Gerrard first came on as a teenager, we all saw what he was capable of.  I was already impressed with his abilities.  Therefore, to me, Houllier is only part of the reason why Gerrard is the player he is today and not the ONLY reason.  Declaring Gerard as captain of LFC was the ONLY good thing that came out of Houllier's mouth.
redspirit

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion