Steven gerrard - Will he stay?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zackboxer » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:21 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Houllier has made Gerrard what he is today and to many people are quick to dismiss that.

You gotta be having a laugh ?!  :D

I'm not saying GH hasn't played his part in Gerrard's development but to claim he'd have been nothing without him is a joke.
If Houllier was that good at developing talent we'd be awesome. How many other players has Houllier worked this magic on since he's been there?!

A mate of mine is involved in youth football on Merseyside and told me a few years ago about this 14 year old kid who he'd seen, who in his words was going to be "f*cking awesome" , name ? Stevie Gerrard.

End of.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:31 pm

redspirit wrote:.  Declaring Gerard as captain of LFC was the ONLY good thing that came out of Houllier's mouth.

I dont think stu is saying that gerrard would have been nothing without gerrard. I think he is simply saying that houllier is responsible for gerrard getting his chance. Im sure that every player loves the manager that gave him his chance and his first game.

I think houllier made gerrard capitain so that he'd be less angry about no trophys and so that he wouldnt leave in the summer because he has duties as captain.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:56 am

You gotta be having a laugh ?!   

I'm not saying GH hasn't played his part in Gerrard's development but to claim he'd have been nothing without him is a joke.
If Houllier was that good at developing talent we'd be awesome. How many other players has Houllier worked this magic on since he's been there?!

A mate of mine is involved in youth football on Merseyside and told me a few years ago about this 14 year old kid who he'd seen, who in his words was going to be "f*cking awesome" , name ? Stevie Gerrard.

End of.

Right.

Firstly i didn't say Gerrard would have nothing without Houllier.
If you had any sense you'd have seen how much Owen has improved and Hyypia, and Murphy (especially) and Carragher.

Without the right coaching players don't reach there potential. Look at the old West Ham side of a few years ago.

Carrick, Cole, Defoe, Ferdinand. Those four at the time where some of the best prospects in the country. None of them would be the players they are today if they hadn't left. The evidence is in Carrick.

As for your comment on your "mate". I'll tell you somethings now mate. Steven Gerrard played in the same team as Paul Ford, David Bolton and Anthony Bannaciejk(sp) (said bannacheck). That team... who i played for a few years after Stevey did is called Whiston Juniors. I used to watch there team play after my games finished.

The chairman of that club. Harry "skip" (still don't know his last name) was my manager and took over Stevey's team after there manager walked out. Stevey was the 4th best player in that team behind the ones named above in skips opinion. This is a fella who's seen 17 players go on to play professional football, he knows his stuff. Lee Trundle and Stevey Gerrard two players currently playing.

He released a player to preston last year called Anthony Warrener who he thought was far better than Stevey at the same age.
115-1073096938

Postby BOODIDDY » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:43 am

Stu, if you read carefully what i wrote then you will see that i dont want Gerrard to go but remember the club is bigger than any player, i did say that i dont believe what was said but hey, your always calling people on here believing you are right. Your an arrogant pr##k!
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion