Steve finnan - Is he good enough for lfc?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:50 am

Sustaining stu...
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:17 am

I think Finnan is a good player and he is still young so with a good bit of coaching he will improve, plus he needs to settle and has had those injuries.

Regards to Carragher I think he's been mint, I used to slate him a bit cos he never got forward but since coming back from injury he has really improved his attacking game and must have had more shots on goal this season than his whole career :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:29 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I have always thought that Finnan was over rated and we should have signed Steven Carr if we were looking for a right back playing in the Premiership.

Not convinced by him defensively, he needs to get a run in the side to pass a true judgement on him.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:33 pm

why does everyone keep building up steven carr? he's not good enough defensively either.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:25 pm

Steven Carr is good defensively. Positionally he's very good and he's a good tackler and reads the game well.

He's easily the best right back in the league at present.
115-1073096938

Postby Scottbot » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:44 pm

I like Carr but he has suffered a lot of injuries.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:59 pm

I'm not saying Finnan is a bad player (if he gets a good run of games and his confidence returns he'll be a good player) but I always thought that he was slightly over rated while he was at Fulham.

Personally I think Carr is the best in the Premiership (although its been a while since we have seen his best form) and if it was me looking for a right back last summer instead of Houllier, I would have paid an extra £2million over what Houllier paid for Finnan (Carr has been and is reportedly available for around £5million as he doesn't have too long left on his contract) and attempted to get Carr, who has indicated he wants a bigger club than Spurs.

Fingers crossed Steve Finnan's injuries will settle down and he gets a long run in the team next season, but given his age (I think he's 28) if he has another injury hit/inconsistant season next year we should seriously think about looking at our options at right back in the summer of 2005.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion