Steve finnan - Brilliant

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafas Amigo » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:37 am

Along with Jamie, Mr. Finnan has been pure class this season. His performence today agaisnt Bolton was brilliant, two off the line and a good game. He is like Denis Irwin, plays every game well and dosen't get noticed which is always the sign of a good player. Well done Stevie.
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bedlovedays » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:25 am

he was pure class last season as well, solid player, love him going forward too, why does Benitez send that oaf Traore forward, he likes to lose the ball as much as Baros and Diouf,,,,,,,,,:laugh:
bedlovedays

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:56 am

Yes, Finnan has one of the better performers this season. Would be 2nd behind carra in my LFC player of the year.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roma 84 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:33 pm

Could'nt agree more lads, another player rafa seems to be getting the best out of.
Roma 84

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:57 pm

unbelievable the difference a year makes. last season, many members of this board were claiming that finnan should be sold because he wasn't good enough. infact some said that we went for "the wrong irishman" and should have tried to get stephen carr instead.

where are those people now?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sean » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:03 pm

Being an irish man myself i've followed Finnans progress for years.  Finnan will never do anything flash but in every successful team you need guys that will perform solidly week in week out.  This is especially important for full backs.  Years ago Neal and Kennedy were solid every week.  Consistency was their hallmark as they left the eye catching performances to bigger names.

Finnan is now back to his world cup 2002 form and showing tremendous consistency.  If we can find somebody to do the same job on the other flank we'll have made progress.  If Chelsea don't want Wayne Bridge anymore I reckon he would be the man to fulfill this role for us next year.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:13 pm

traore and warnock have both played well at left back recently, though i think djimi is more of a natural centre half.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:27 pm

Finnan reminds me of Irwin. Class.

The people knocking him last year should come forward and apologise.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:17 pm

Finnan is a player who goes about his business in a quiet way. Not spectacular but very consistent. Very similar to Irwin in that way. I have always been a fan of his and never knocked him
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:19 pm

Big Niall wrote:Finnan reminds me of Irwin. Class.

The people knocking him last year should come forward and apologise.

I apologise,but then so should ninety percent of the people on this board.Finnan was way off the pace this time last year and rightly took criticism off most fans.The fact that he has turned it around so convincingly is a great credit to himself and his manager.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:23 pm

Finnan looked out of his depth last year, and received a lot of fair criticism.

This year he has been as solid as a rock without being spectacular. Defensively I can't remember him putting a foot wrong. I would be happy for him to continue as are first choice right back next year.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:56 pm

finnan has been a revelation, houllier had a knack for playing him right wing when we had more players at our disposal last season, murphy, diouf, cheyrou etc, finnan is a great right back and is effective going forward occasionally, at right mid houllier would expect him to get up front always and if im not mistaken carragher and henchoz were our main right backs last season which wouldnt give any player in that right mid position an ounce of confidence, at least rafa stuck by him and gave him a chance and he has proven 2 me why he is mr reliable and why us and the mancs fought for his signature,
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:57 pm

aye, finnans coming good
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:53 pm

With Finnan and Biscan improving I wonder will Houllier feel justified be looking for an apology.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby bedlovedays » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:45 pm

finnan was class again tonight, had one more chance on goal than Baros did, :D
bedlovedays

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion