Spending over? - Summer spending over

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:45 am

bigmick wrote:
aCe' wrote:RAUL ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
WHAT ?!
Raul would probably cost 50mill or something.....
no offense but thats the most ridiculous thing i'v ever heard !

Hmmmm. Well no offense taken of course but my suspicion is that Raul would cost considerably less than 50 million pounds. You may of course be correct in your valuation, in which case may I make the suggestion that we value Traore at 47 million and offer him in part exchange?

traore :D

i was thinking cisse at 50 mill, then 65 mill when his legs are fixed.

i also think we shouldda got 30 mill for pellegrino, and 25 for morientes

:D   :D

i agree with mick
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:50 am

0asis wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:I've a sneaking suspicion we're done spending until January.  Dunno why, really, just a gut feeling.

I thought we had 30mill in the bank to buy David Villa?

:D

Oasis - have you taken over from Welsh Wizzard??

Although it would be great to see Villa come here and link up with his Spanish mates!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:53 am

tommycockles wrote:
0asis wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:I've a sneaking suspicion we're done spending until January.  Dunno why, really, just a gut feeling.

I thought we had 30mill in the bank to buy David Villa?

:D

Oasis - have you taken over from Welsh Wizzard??

Although it would be great to see Villa come here and link up with his Spanish mates!!

No, I was just searching through the Liverpool board on the .tv website as you do and someone said that we had 30mill to spend on Villa. Why have I been owned?
48-1119859832

Postby fowler4ever » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:25 pm

from the official
it looks like we might be signing a striker sometime soon,
maybe we still have a couple of coffers left

The Anfield boss still believes he's one striker short of the ideal squad he'd like to kick off the new Premiership campaign in less than three weeks time.

Benitez admits he probably won't conclude a deal in time to register any new player to take part in the club's Champions League qualifier with Maccabi Haifa, but he hopes to have another new man on board before the August 31 deadline.

"We're continuing to work," he says. "Maybe it's too late for the Champions League qualification round, but there is one month left and that gives us the time to sign the player we need.

"I think we still need an extra striker, just in case. I'm happy with the strikers we have but I think we need another and I'm confident we'll sign one."

who's still in the frame
fowler4ever

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:56 pm

Based on our probable budget id say Kuyt.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:11 pm

0asis wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Let's stop all this 'how thick is Rafa for letting Didi go?' nonsense.  :no

Well he is thick if Sissoko is out injured who on earth will replace him?

He's not thick!  In every interview Rafa's done regarding Hamman he's emphasized that he didn't want to ship Didi out.  If Rafa had his way, Didi would still be with the club, providing cover for CM.  BUT, Didi's professionalism and tireless service for the club down the years meant that Rafa felt obligated to level with him and say that, barring long-term injuries, this season would go like last and that Didi would not get much of a look in.  No player of Hamman's calibre wants to end their career as a squad player on the bench most weeks and so Didi asked Rafa permission to talk to other teams.

I, for one, applaud the way the gaffer handled the situation.  Didi's earned the right to leave if he feels he still has more to offer a team than the odd substitute appearance or rare start.  It would be selfish to have kept him here, rotting in the reserves, just in case someone went down injured. 

Will this come back to haunt us?  Maybe it will, maybe it won't.  But it was the right way to handle the parting of ways with a Liverpool legend, IMO.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:39 pm

Madrid, Spain, July 25, 2006 (Notimex) - Real Madrid's new coach, the Italian Fabio Capello, stated he is pleased with what he sees in his players and asked forward Raul Gonzalez to become the team leader.

He explained that Raul's layoff was caused by a leg injury, but above all, it happened because of mental (fatigue) and trusted he will be the recovered by the beginning of the 2006-07 Iberian soccer season, "it is a psychological matter and I know Raul will be his old self once again."

Capello explained it was the reason he talked to him and asked him to recover his soccer ability and assured that the Real Madrid captain accepted the challenge, "Getting Raul back is fundamental, and he is convinced as well; it is a bet we two have," the coach explained.

+ Raul is at almost 90,000 pounds/week and has a buy-out clause of 128 million pounds...
Last season...he was underperforming and chelsea offered 71mill pounds and their offer was rejected !

I mean come on... u seriously think that we can always turn around and sign Raul if Kuyt's bid is rejected... ?! For one messy season a player's value doesnt drop 50 mill pounds.... not if ur raul it doesnt !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Well said Badbob there was now ay we could make Hamman stay. Come on what we gonna say to him you wanna finsh the final years of your carrear just sitting on the bench in the case of the unlikly event that we are short in centre midfield, I love the guy but it was the best thing for everyone, but he will be sorely missed he is a great player and a true legend,(anyone remmeber his stunner against pompey) what a player so much better than people outside the club gave him credit for.

With regards to the striker situation I am also unsure who it is goin to be, all the fingers point to Kuyt and Rafa has'nt hidden his admiration for him but his agent seems to be sure that he will be staying at Feyanoord for another year at least, I got a funny feeling Rafa might bring a surprise package that none of us are expecting just a thought,

Thats gotta be the only other signing were making this year i mean we been busy enough so far bring ont he charity shield and the new season i cant wait
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:46 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
0asis wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Let's stop all this 'how thick is Rafa for letting Didi go?' nonsense.  :no

Well he is thick if Sissoko is out injured who on earth will replace him?

He's not thick!  In every interview Rafa's done regarding Hamman he's emphasized that he didn't want to ship Didi out.  If Rafa had his way, Didi would still be with the club, providing cover for CM.  BUT, Didi's professionalism and tireless service for the club down the years meant that Rafa felt obligated to level with him and say that, barring long-term injuries, this season would go like last and that Didi would not get much of a look in.  No player of Hamman's calibre wants to end their career as a squad player on the bench most weeks and so Didi asked Rafa permission to talk to other teams.

I, for one, applaud the way the gaffer handled the situation.  Didi's earned the right to leave if he feels he still has more to offer a team than the odd substitute appearance or rare start.  It would be selfish to have kept him here, rotting in the reserves, just in case someone went down injured. 

Will this come back to haunt us?  Maybe it will, maybe it won't.  But it was the right way to handle the parting of ways with a Liverpool legend, IMO.

I don't agree. He's thick and now we lack cover for Sissoko, he gets another injury we're in the doghouse.
48-1119859832

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:47 pm

badbob....what i was saying is that if sissoko is out,  we'd have to play Gerrard in sissoko's position, which obviouslly would take away a sht lot of gerrard's game ! I dont see why that has to happen...Get a young talented DM or even gravesen from REalMadrid at cheap and keep him in the bench.... Sissoko isn't quite what u'd call 'injury prone' but u cant take ur chances on that one ( last season) ! I never said it was Rafa's bad selling Hamann i just said that we needed cover now that Hamann is gone !

BigMick :bowdown   ... the whole raul thing... wasnt trying to sound sarcastic or anything but Raul as a second option if we cant buy Kuyt got me stunned there for a sec ! BadBob know how low i rate Kuyt and despite Raul's form in the last couple of season's i dont see how he can be second to Kuyt ?! Sorry again lad  :bowdown
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:56 pm

Oasis... What a low opinion of Rafa you seem to have? Your lack of faith in him is staggering, I know it's all about opinions and I respect your right to have them but "He's Thick" is quite a putdown for the Man, I'm not saying we should display 100% blind faith but give the fella a little credit eh? :no
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:05 pm

CardinalRed wrote:Oasis... What a low opinion of Rafa you seem to have? Your lack of faith in him is staggering, I know it's all about opinions and I respect your right to have them but "He's Thick" is quite a putdown for the Man, I'm not saying we should display 100% blind faith but give the fella a little credit eh? :no

I'm calling Rafa thick becasue BadBob seems to think ppl have been calling him thick when they haven't. Bob needs to remove his lips from Rafa's a.rse. Rafa is a great manager but he makes mistakes and he's made one here. You don't get rid of one of your best players. If Sissoko gets injured who are we going to play in that position? Bolo Zenden? Rafa had better hope Sissoko doesn't get injured because he will get hung, drawn & quartered for selling Hamann.
48-1119859832

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:38 pm

an excellent article on how the transfer market works

transfer market
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:21 pm

flipmode wrote:Does anyone else think that the Summer Spending is over? The rumours seemed of dried up......

Wouldn't be suprised if we manage to bring in another signing .

John Barnes , who has more of a connection as to whats happening at LFC than most of us in here (not counting the Welsh Wizard) in his pre match commentary at Grasshopper, Barnsie seemed to think we're still looking to sign a striker . Kuyts name was mentioned (again  :D )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:12 pm

Oasis, the thought of debating you on this issue wearies me.  I can tell from past experience that you've dug in your heels and won't budge for love nor money.  Besides, you get upset at me when I have a go.  :D 

So, I'll leave it at this:

0asis wrote:Rafa is a great manager but he makes mistakes...

100% agree...I've never once said otherwise.

0asis wrote:and he's made one here.

100% disagree...for the sound reasons already outlined.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion