So important we kept steven gerrard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:09 pm

Keeping Stevie was the signing of the decade, and keeping him was so important to rafa Benitez's managerial career at Liverpool.
If he would have gone we would be around the 8th or 10th position now.

Not through any fault of Rafa but just for the shear quality of having a born and bread scouser as captain who can play in any position apart from being a goalie.
I was devastated when he was going to leave us twice so where many others, but it would have been catastophic had this lad have left us.

Look at Manure since Roy Keane has left no driving force what so ever, Arsenal have been awful no driving force in there either, but Roy Keane is Irish and Patrick Viera was french they still had heart but not as much heart to be the captain of your home town club.

Rafa was bringing in Xabi Alonso and Michael Essien for Gerrard, Gerrards replacements but as much as I love Xabi and his passes he could never replace stevie, and well erm Essien is not fit to lace Steven boots.

This lad can play defensive midfield, attacking midfield, striker, centre half, Centre back, people bang on about Frank Lampard, but he can only play one postion and thats attacking midfield.
gerrards such an all round player in my eyes red tinted specs off he is the best player in the premiership.

He is an absolute pleasure to watch, I am extremly proud of a fella scouser to have him as our captain, and he is the most important player in the rafalution.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:11 pm

yes....gerrard is god.  :bowdown
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:13 pm

The_Rock wrote:yes....gerrard is god.  :bowdown

:D No Robbie Fowlers God, 5 finger salute today to the manure fans, Legend.
Stevie G is out of this world. :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:13 pm

he is massive isnt he.. id say he's on his way to becoming one of the true world greats. even one of the top 3. the lad has the world at his feet. its a shame lampard steals the media drippings... but we and im sure most of the football world can see the real star here...

good read cggy! just the thing to have me chips and curry with  :buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:15 pm

I wish I wrote that post myself CGGY, spot on.

Only comment, is that Alonso and Gerrard are complementary, I wouldn't think of Alonso to replace a player like Gerrard. They're different.

I'd like to mention again Gerrards Corners, absolutelly brilliant, perfectly taken.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 pm

red37 wrote:just the thing to have me chips and curry with  :buttrock

Got any for me, Im friggen starvin been on the beer all day could do a nice chips and curry, whilst watching the most feckin horrible teams in the prem Bolton V Blackburn.
Be very proud gang that we have such a winderful club cause these 2 pieces of sh.it are revolting. Erm chip curry buttie for ciggy :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Keeping Stevie was the signing of the decade, and keeping him was so important to rafa Benitez's managerial career at Liverpool.
If he would have gone we would be around the 8th or 10th position now.

Not through any fault of Rafa but just for the shear quality of having a born and bread scouser as captain who can play in any position apart from being a goalie.
I was devastated when he was going to leave us twice so where many others, but it would have been catastophic had this lad have left us.

Look at Manure since Roy Keane has left no driving force what so ever, Arsenal have been awful no driving force in there either, but Roy Keane is Irish and Patrick Viera was french they still had heart but not as much heart to be the captain of your home town club.

Rafa was bringing in Xabi Alonso and Michael Essien for Gerrard, Gerrards replacements but as much as I love Xabi and his passes he could never replace stevie, and well erm Essien is not fit to lace Steven boots.

This lad can play defensive midfield, attacking midfield, striker, centre half, Centre back, people bang on about Frank Lampard, but he can only play one postion and thats attacking midfield.
gerrards such an all round player in my eyes red tinted specs off he is the best player in the premiership.

He is an absolute pleasure to watch, I am extremly proud of a fella scouser to have him as our captain, and he is the most important player in the rafalution.

great post CGGY and i agree with every word
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:19 pm

il get the anchor butter out the fridge cggy  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:22 pm

We wouldn't be 8th or 10th now if Gerrard had gone CGGY. We'd still be in the same position, methinks, albeit with a few less points.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:25 pm

eh? I missed that part, sorry. I agree with JBG on that, we wouldn't be 8th, prolly 3rd.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:26 pm

Sabre wrote:I'd like to mention again Gerrards Corners, absolutelly brilliant, perfectly taken.

Not seen them today, over the years though this is something i've had a pop at, usually they're average at best.

Imo he'd be better attacking the ball or lurking waiting for a shot at goal, but if its working then don't fix it.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:27 pm

JBG wrote:We wouldn't be 8th or 10th now if Gerrard had gone CGGY. We'd still be in the same position, methinks, albeit with a few less points.

Agreed.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:32 pm

Its not all down to Gerrard - Hyppia, Carragher and Crouch have been excellent this season, as has Alonso. Very few players are playing badly for us these days.

Had Gerrard gone I don't think that in the greater context we would have struggled. Benitez is a world class manager and I think he would have easily coped with Gerrard going.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:35 pm

Sabre wrote:I wish I wrote that post myself CGGY, spot on.

Only comment, is that Alonso and Gerrard are complementary, I wouldn't think of Alonso to replace a player like Gerrard. They're different.

Its in Guillem Balague's book Sabre that Xabi was brought in to replace gerrard along with Essien if he would have left.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:38 pm

JBG wrote:We wouldn't be 8th or 10th now if Gerrard had gone CGGY. We'd still be in the same position, methinks, albeit with a few less points.

JBG I cannot agree with ya sorry if SG would have left we would have fallen to pieces with to many foreigners, sorry but we would have.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion