So after a few months with roy, was sacking rafa - The right thing to do?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:49 pm

Your all speculating! You just keep twisting the truth to make it look as though you were right, pros and antis, tw*ts and tw*ts you're all too busy trying to save face and get one over on the other side that you are actually looking at our current catastrophic situation with any objectivity! Every thread doesnt go more than 5 posts without an anti bringing up that the current situation is somehow Rafael Benitezs fault or a pro mentioning that "Woy" Hodgson was never ever ever ever good enough to manage LFC. Well you know what? It doesnt matter one f*cking bit because Rafas gone, Hodgson is here, we are absolutely f*cking sh*t and if that scumbag makes another deal with the devil and gets a stay of execution as owner of what was once one of the greatest names in sport but is now a running joke on a global scale we are FINISHED. The Leeds Utd fiasco will look like the finish of Rocky 2 compared to how far we could fall with debts of £500m leveraged on the clubs assets. So seriously do us all a favour and stop with the snidey, two faced politicing and double agendas and show some goddamn unity and togetherness in what is fast approaching the worst days in the history of Liverpool Football Club.
burjennio

Postby rocky29 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:09 am

Calum wrote:
Simari wrote:
Calum wrote:
Simari wrote:
Calum wrote:If Benitez hadn't gone, then we would have lost Gerrard and Torres in the summer, so it was right he was sacked. That added to the fact he squandered the money available for players last summer when he didn't buy a fit replacement for Alonso and another striker. So yes, sacking Benitez was the right thing, regardless of how things have gone since he left.

You are having a laugh.

Torres and Gerrard attribute a significant part of their development to Rafa.

It is obviously disappointing to go from title challengers one year, to 7th the next and every top professional has the right to be upset/angry.

What we now have is a FULL TEAM of individuals without belief - this is down to Roy. He has failed miserably so far.

On the bright side, he has a fortnight to think over what has happened over the past 2 months. Here's hoping that he uses all of this european experience that he constantly bleats on about and comes up with a workable plan.

No, I'm not having a laugh. It was clear Gerrard and Torres were totally disenchanted with Benitez last season and were ready to leave in the summer. Roy was the main reason why they stayed.

Seriously mate - Read up on their comments about Benitez and the impact it has had on their careers.

Torres and Stevie both know where the club is financially. Both of them know that they can move to almost an other top club should they hand in a transfer request.

They weren't thinking about leaving because of Rafa ...

Oh yes they were.

anyone who thinks stevie got on with rafa are seriously delluding themselves.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby jono » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 am

sack him he's a big bowl of wrong
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:18 am

First time in all my years of going to Anfield have i ever heard another mans name sung loudly apart from our own manager , and that chant was for Dalglish, the whole fu/cking ground was singin it , What does that tell you
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:26 am

No it was'nt the correct desicion, there was no one out there to replace him.
correct me if im wrong but we were actually organised last season, had the most clean sheets in the league (joint with Chelsea)
we only finished where we did because we did'nt have a striker when Torres was injured (which was most of the season).
The guy couldnt please some people, he was trying to save Torres from injury i.e Birmingham last season, and people ripped into him for poor management, Torres seems injury prone and we have no striker for back up....... Compare Sunderland at Anfield last season to that shambles last week..... it was a big mistake to let him go.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Penguins » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:40 am

Well, under normal circumstances I would had seen reason behind a sacking, as we were getting a bit stale and the team was getting behind other teams. (BUT that had imo just as much to do with Rafa as not net spend for 2 years!)

But it never was normal circumstances that dictated this sacking. Rafa was just a thorn in the owners side since day 1. They tried to get rid of him just after they arrived and Gillet has publicly critizised him.  Rafa had too much say for their liking about transfers and even had the audacity and nerve to demand a transfer kitty...

This was a case of sacking Rafa== getting Roy, Hughes or someone of that ilk and noone else wanted to come or was allowed to come.

From that point of view I think it was less wise to sack Rafa as it has only made us loose 9 million and making last season look like a triumph.

Does that then mean I believe Rafa would had made us a top club?

Never, as I have said a long time no manager would make the top for with the current situation at the club.

Having a positive net spend for years, will make you a bottom dweller club, end of.

And all this talk about playing with bottle, with fire, passion is just that, talk.
You win in todays game with quality on the pitch, and quality cost money, and money is needed to invest upon the squad you have. If you don't do that the rest means little.

And for all who says Alonso was Rafa's biggest mistake.

1) Who saw his talent brought him to the club?
2) Who got 5 years of service out of him?
3) What other Liverpool manager has made a 20 million profit out of a player?
4) Was it Rafa's fault he never got even close to be able to spend that money he earned the club?
5) Aqualini didn't cost the club anywhere near 20 million in the end.
It was a deal with lots of installments and depending on CL qualification and success as we had no money. Since we have got rid just in a year means we won't be paying that much. Juve will be paying us for the loan and it is also rumored they can buy him after the season.
The simple truth is Rafa got around 5 million to spend that summer on a replacement and no other club were willing to sell their top midfielders with such little money upfront.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:29 am

Worse than Souness and that was bad. feckin hell tlking to a lad yesterday who hasnt missed a match home,away or in Europe since before most of yous wre born., i said gonna be a long seaon ,his words were i wish the fuc.king seson was over already san.

Iss shambolic, worse ive seen in a long long time and ill include Souness era in that ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:09 am

Was it the right decision? Absolutely not.

I was disgusted when he got sacked, and even more disgusted once it was announced that Roy was to be his sucessor. I'm not surprised at the state we're in or at the performances. Seen it all coming. I've nothing against Hodgson. It's just that he was never going to be good enough for this job in any circumstance. Not his fault. The board appointed him and the blame lies with them. Purslow, you deserved that banner, you massive bell end!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 am

No I didnt want Rafa to go despite last year's poor season. I would have thought the challenge we put in the year before would have gained him breathing space. He certainly wasnt  perfect but which manager is and I think some people had forgotten how stale we had by time Houlliers reign had ended.

If this forum was anything to judge by I was very surprised how far Rafa had fallen in eyes of some fans though I can understand the massive expectation as this is LFC can mean high standards, high stakes.
His demise was all more galling considering the real problem is this owner cancer which eats at this great club.

However in saying all that he has gone and we now have a new manager faced with same cancer
These are dark times though silver lining is surely our asking price must be falling every day
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:14 am

Scottbot wrote:Rename this thread the 'repeat everythig that has already been said as if it's being said for the first time' thread.

exactly. i wonder if the thread was opened to:

a) create more divide amongst the forum?
b) genuinely seek an answer which would see comments that had been repeated over the year/s?
c) another thread to cater to the Wankfest?
d) undermine the current manager?

what was your objective Bav?  ???  a change was needed, its just that no one could imagine that the start could be this bad. but a change was needed as the regime seemed to have taken its toll on the previous manager and players did appear frustrated. and even if we still had him in charge...how much of a difference would it make considering we're stuck with the same owners?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby mart » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 am

Rafa had to go. Not because he was not good enough or because the top players would leave. But clearly his "battle" with the owners were affecting him and the team too much. It didnt help that practically the entire british media were out to get him either.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:46 am

The most ridiculous thing is all the tripe in the media blaming our recent abject displays on "Rafa's legacy", It makes my blood boil. And to think that these pundits and journalists get paid good money for writing and saying this tripe. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:10 am

stmichael wrote:The most ridiculous thing is all the tripe in the media blaming our recent abject displays on "Rafa's legacy", It makes my blood boil. And to think that these pundits and journalists get paid good money for writing and saying this tripe. ???

yeah, total disgrace, Rafa left this club perfectly set up to win things. He didnt mess up at all...

You f*cking people, sound like abunch of leicester fans.

Rafa was here for 5 years, 3 and half brilliant ones but then hehad a shocker, didnt want to be here

We probably need someone else, as nowadays fans just dont give anyone a chance.. thats my view
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:22 am

Without reading the hysterics of this thread and the various others on here at the moment i will answer the question.

Yes it was right to sack him, we were abysmal last season and i dont think he could of or would have turned it around.
Whether we have brought in a replacement that will do is a different question, so far it looks unlikely and i will admit i am concerned.
But Rafa needed to be replaced i am certain that was the correct decision.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 am

Ben Patrick wrote:Without reading the hysterics of this thread and the various others on here at the moment i will answer the question.

Yes it was right to sack him, we were abysmal last season and i dont think he could of or would have turned it around.
Whether we have brought in a replacement that will do is a different question, so far it looks unlikely and i will admit i am concerned.
But Rafa needed to be replaced i am certain that was the correct decision.

why is everyone posting what I want to say, but better?

:bowdown
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion