Sissoko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:20 am

having said that paul, if he's scored 10 goals by the end of september, he wont need judging, he'll be a superstar...here's hoping.

plus some net busters from gerrard and cisse :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:24 am

i don't think he will considering he's a defensive midfielder!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:28 pm

I thought it was Jimmy T on steds
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:51 pm

bavlondon wrote:Whats Diao won ?

Sissoko won La Ligo 2 years in a row with Rafa?

I dont think thats even a question.

2 in 3 years.  :;):
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Badmao1 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:57 pm

Decent ist game for Sissoko but not fantastic, he always wanted the ball and looked strong and quick but did give the ball away a lot.

It'll take time for him to settle into a new team and a new league when the season starts, but he looks like he has all the right attributes to be a top midfielder.
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:59 pm

It amazed me how much he looks like Vieira on the ball, you can see why people compare them :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:40 pm

does he tackle like viera.
apparently, he looks a bit clumsy on the old tackling!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:24 am

I live in Sevile, Spain. you tend to watch all the big teams even if you dont like them. watching Momo at Valencia CF (rafas old club) i observed that he used to run a hell of alot, often out of position. He's was also quite erratic in his distribution.  i think rafa has mentioned, on his arrival, that "he will lose the ball but will retrieve it", which is a quality too.   

He used to get into trouble alot too, and I can see him getting suspensions. 

Watchng him for two years i would advise many not to start sticking knives into him by Christmas as he is very young and will improve.
109-1093441336

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:21 pm

Any further thoughts on Sissoko after the Olympiacos game??

He fairly gets stuck in doesn't he!!  If that was a competitive match he'd have been off, no question.  I'm not criticising him though, I was glad to see it.  He's very strong, he's quick, he's committed and good at winning the ball.  But the best thing about him is that he has a presence on the pitch.  By that I mean the opposition KNOWS he is there and is about to stick in a tackle.  Some of those Olympiacos players weren't too keen on having the ball played in to feet with big Momo about because they knew they were about to get crunched.

His distribution needs to improve but was better tonight than against Leverkusen.  I don't like these Vieira comparisons because it puts pressure on the player, but its hard to ignore the similarity imo.  I have a good feeling that Rafa has unearthed a quality player here.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:28 pm

john craig wrote:I don't like these Vieira comparisons because it puts pressure on the player, but its hard to ignore the similarity imo.

:D
espescially when (if memory serves me right ) Viera holds the record for the most yellow and red cards collected by a player in the premiership.   :D

Early days ,but i liked what I saw.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
john craig wrote:I don't like these Vieira comparisons because it puts pressure on the player, but its hard to ignore the similarity imo.

:D
espescially when (if memory serves me right ) Viera holds the record for the most yellow and red cards collected by a player in the premiership.   :D

Early days ,but i liked what I saw.

If his tackiling is anything to go buy he's going to make it  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:04 pm

meelan#5 wrote:I live in Sevile, Spain. you tend to watch all the big teams even if you dont like them. watching Momo at Valencia CF (rafas old club) i observed that he used to run a hell of alot, often out of position. He's was also quite erratic in his distribution.  i think rafa has mentioned, on his arrival, that "he will lose the ball but will retrieve it", which is a quality too.   

He used to get into trouble alot too, and I can see him getting suspensions. 

Watchng him for two years i would advise many not to start sticking knives into him by Christmas as he is very young and will improve.

After watching him tonight I think your spot on mate.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion