Momo sissoko.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby grayghost » Tue May 29, 2007 3:09 pm

Fuook him off he looks to much like Mac out of Predator...............Any time
grayghost

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Looks like Momo might leave for Juve for 10+ million.
Great business I think for a 4/5 th choice who won't get many games next season anyway.

And I just don't understand why so many fans has to be so **** sentimental when it comes to our players.

Momo was a fresh breeze of air when he came and did well.
He hasn't improved much at all in his game and when Mascherano came we all saw that a player can do much more than Momo had done so far.

Kewell is another fine example. He was world class almost when playing for Leeds and he came with high hopes.
He has had one decent season and been injured all the time making him extremely unreliable.
He has done nothing to warrant he will be back to his Leeds days and 100% fit next season still it's the same **** story every year and everyone protects poor Kewell and proclaims this year will be different.

If better and more reliable players are out there you must be ruthless!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:00 pm

Penguins wrote:Looks like Momo might leave for Juve for 10+ million.
Great business I think for a 4/5 th choice who won't get many games next season anyway.

And I just don't understand why so many fans has to be so **** sentimental when it comes to our players.

Momo was a fresh breeze of air when he came and did well.
He hasn't improved much at all in his game and when Mascherano came we all saw that a player can do much more than Momo had done so far.

Kewell is another fine example. He was world class almost when playing for Leeds and he came with high hopes.
He has had one decent season and been injured all the time making him extremely unreliable.
He has done nothing to warrant he will be back to his Leeds days and 100% fit next season still it's the same **** story every year and everyone protects poor Kewell and proclaims this year will be different.

If better and more reliable players are out there you must be ruthless!

It's not a case of being sentimental, you happen to think Sissoko won't be of much use, others disagree and think he could be utilised - there's nothing sentimental about that!

As for Kewell, I don't think that is anything sentimental either, who do you bring in that could replace Kewell given we would have no recognised left mid if he leaves?

If a so called "world class" or top quality left mid is already on their way, then Kewell makes for excellent cover and competition for the left side.

Otherwise we have a situation where we are looking for a left mid who could cover at a cost of just a few million.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:12 pm

But Kewell is never healthy when you need him.
Always ready when Austraila plays in a tournament then he gets injured. The Asian cup coming does not bode well.
To be able to be in competition for a place, you need to be 100% fit. kewell fail in that criteria miserably.

And sure Sissoko has his uses, but he'll never be 1st choice again in the majority of games.
If he wants regular 1st team football then I think it's a good deal for all parties.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:18 pm

Well, here's hoping kewell will be fit fior a change. I just think we would be crazy to get rid of him unless a good offer came in, bearing in mind we would have to replace him for a nominal fee.

As for Sissoko, I don't think he will be 1st choice either but his uses when we require him are important in certain games. If he doesn't want to stay and a good offer comes, then so be it.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:49 pm

Well, I have been hoping Kewell will be fit every year, but it just never happens...
And this summer is the last chance to get anything for him.

Getting 10+ million for a player who maybe gets 5-10 starts next season would be a good deal. I myself can't see Sissoko being happy with that and sub appearances next season after being alsmost 1st choice the last 2 seasons.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:05 pm

Penguins wrote:And this summer is the last chance to get anything for him.

So who do you propose we sign that costs a few million and is better than Kewell?
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Why not use the supposed added funds together with the funds we could get by selling a few players to get us 2 new left wingers for 10-15 million each instead of looking for one that cost 5?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Penguins wrote:And this summer is the last chance to get anything for him.

So who do you propose we sign that costs a few million and is better than Kewell?

Not much quality left midfielders in football today.

I think David Silva is a quality left winger, slightly better than kewell, but would cost alot.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:51 pm

But plz don't rate Kewell as he was 5 years ago.
He'll never be what he was ever again and hasn't shown anything like it when he has been at Liverpool.
Silva is much better player today than Kewell even if Kewell was better when he reached his peak with Leeds.

(I know this should be about Sissoko, sorry)
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:06 am

Penguins wrote:Why not use the supposed added funds together with the funds we could get by selling a few players to get us 2 new left wingers for 10-15 million each instead of looking for one that cost 5?

I suppose that could be a possibility but I don't see there being £20-30m allocated solely for the left side, even if we did sell a few players, I agree that could be an option but I still think Kewell has experience and ability that would be hard to find and replace, it may also unsettle the squad too much.

Maybe a versatile player who could play left back, centre mid and left wing would be an option to consider?

A top left winger + a Gareth Barry type player?
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:35 am

Sure, but in this day and age a Gareth barry type of player like
maybe Gareth Barry or Matthew Taylor would cost £8-12 million I'm sure.
Buying any player from a premiership club that would fit into Liverpool will at least cost close to 10 million or more I'm sure.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:59 am

rumours in this side of the world seem to suggest that sissoko already agreed a move to juventus... a reported 8-9mill.... not bad if you ask me... this means that xabi is set to stay and gerrard-mascherano-xabi-leto will be our midfield quartet next season

papers also seem to suggest that our #1 target is samuel etoo with a reprted 60mill dollar maximum offer to be tabled within the next few days... ronaldinho's supposed move to milan is the only thing stopping etoo from further talks with liverpool supposedly...

malouda's bid is on hold atm and lyon arent happy with the progress liverpool are making... other bidders such as juventus, arsenal and even barcelona could hijack our move if we dont move faster and malouda himself seems to want his future sorted out asap..whether it be at liverpool or any other INTRESTED club...

sorry i know this is th sissoko thread but thought id put all together
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Well I don't see us having £20-30m to spend solely for the left side of midfield, you do, so my suggestion is we keep Kewell as more than adequate cover.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:07 pm

Not with his wages LFC2007, not when he only makes 1 or 2 appearances.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion