Sissoko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:10 am

Right so we have a very tough game coming up with Bolton, and as far as Im aware if Momo picks up one more yellow card, he will get a two game ban.

Therefore he will miss the F.A. Cup semi final against Chelsea and the game against Blackburn away.

No wBolton arnt one of the quickest teams in the prem only the likes of Stelios and Diouf have pace, so do you think Rafa should play Sissoko with the risk of him missing two very difficult away fixtures?

Or play Hamann?
Ive been a bit dissapointed that Didi hasnt even made the bench the last few weeks........?

Away at West Brom we didnt even have him on the bench as cover if Momo or Xabi had got injured, he didnt make the bench for the derby also luckly enough for us the subs we didnt need him in these games but I find it a bit strange that he is nowhere to be seen of late.

Whats your opinion guys should Didi play against Bolton or Sissoko?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:27 am

Yes he should.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:36 am

Good shout that for a split arsssse. :D
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:49 am

Well with Bolton current form (sh!t) and our home record I think Sissoko could be safely rested. We have ample options to work around leaving him out. I'd be more inclined to leave him out if the Chelsea game was next after Bolton but seeing as the Blackburn game is next then i'd prefer to leave him out for that game. I think theres is more of a chance he will get booked away at Blackburn than at home to Bolton
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:55 am

I dont think we can afford to rest any players just based on form. Rafa will pick the strongest 11 for the bolton game. If weve learnt one thing from Rafa, its that the next game is always the most important. We can use Sissoko against Bolton and if worst comes to the worst we always got Didi as backup so we cant really complain :)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:40 am

I'd stick Hamann in the starting line up for both Bolton & Chelsea and stick Sissoko in there against a pyshically abnormal Blackburn side. I've been disappointed that Hamann has been isolated from the first team this season. So I think he should play against both Bolton & Chelsea. We need that added bit of protection of the back four against Chelsea and experience in an F.A Cup semi is vital. Hamann offers us both.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby tommycockles » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:42 am

If it were earlier in the season then i'd probably agree with the 'play your strongest team' idea. However; we're out of all the other cups and most likely going to finish third in the league. Although still an improvement (in the league) on last season it would still be nice to finish the season with a piece of silverware. With that in mind i think that we need to approach the Chelsea game as a final and therefore should not risk Sissoko as we may really need him if we got an injury in midfield.

I think Didi's a suitable replacement for a home game- we're definitely not 'weakening' our team by playing him- but I would think that a younger, more mobile, hard tackling Sissoko has got to be a must for the Chelsea game.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:44 am

tommycockles wrote:If it were earlier in the season then i'd probably agree with the 'play your strongest team' idea. However; we're out of all the other cups and most likely going to finish third in the league. Although still an improvement (in the league) on last season it would still be nice to finish the season with a piece of silverware. With that in mind i think that we need to approach the Chelsea game as a final and therefore should not risk Sissoko as we may really need him if we got an injury in midfield.

I think Didi's a suitable replacement for a home game- we're definitely not 'weakening' our team by playing him- but I would think that a younger, more mobile, hard tackling Sissoko has got to be a must for the Chelsea game.

Couldnt agree more, the semi final has to be the priority and bringing Didi in or moving Stevie back into the centre is exactly weakening the team
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:11 am

I didnt realise he would miss the semi if he got booked.

With that in mind i would definately rest him, we will need his all action running against Chelsea.
Hamann is a more than capable replacement against Bolton and has been great when he's played this season.
I think it was St Mike who was saying that if Momo doesnt get booked by a certain date, some are chalked off soon, so it would make sense that he sits out the Bolton game.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:47 am

Ace Ventura wrote:I think it was St Mike who was saying that if Momo doesnt get booked by a certain date, some are chalked off soon, so it would make sense that he sits out the Bolton game.

yep all bookings are wiped out on april 9th so i suppose it would make sense to rest sissoko for this one. either move gerrard central or just play hamann.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:52 am

I think I'd rather have Gerrard in the middle against Chelsea anyway.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:04 am

The Ace1983 wrote:I think I'd rather have Gerrard in the middle against Chelsea anyway.

i agree with you- except i'd also rather have Sissoko on the bench as he can either help chase a game or defend it if we're ahead.

He just seems to get better and better each game- and considering his injury it's a miracle he's even playing again this season!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:23 pm

Probably would make sense to rest Momo for this one then, lets face it it's probably the type of game he will get booked in.

At home to Bolton right now I fancy us to win no matter what 11 Benitez picks (with the exception of Traore).  Momo's more crucial in the away games anyway, we can easily dominate the Bolton midfield without him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:Ive been a bit dissapointed that Didi hasnt even made the bench the last few weeks........?

Away at West Brom we didnt even have him on the bench as cover if Momo or Xabi had got injured, he didnt make the bench for the derby also luckly enough for us the subs we didnt need him in these games but I find it a bit strange that he is nowhere to be seen of late.

Ciggy:

According to the Echo today, Didi's been injured of late, which is certainly news to me:

"Didi Hamann has recovered from a back problem which has sidelined him for the last fortnight and can return to the squad." (Source)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:44 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Ciggy:

According to the Echo today, Didi's been injured of late, which is certainly news to me:

"Didi Hamann has recovered from a back problem which has sidelined him for the last fortnight and can return to the squad." (Source)

Yes mate I seen it before, bit strange that no one mentioned it before now though dont you think?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion