Sissoko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:25 pm

I'll wait till the end of the season to judge the new signings.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:55 pm

Couple of points here. Firstly it's nice to see a proper thread with proper debate. On Stu's point I can see where he's coming from but feel he's being a little previous. If it was the case that Rafa held a press conference tomorrow, rubbed his hands together and said "that'll do for me, the squad is now ready for the new season" I would totally agree with Stu's comments. Clearly that is not about to happen and there will be new arrivals still to come and it's probably wise to criticise or praise the rebuilding job in it's entireity, once the window has closed.
In my view, I am reasonably happy sofar. the squad does look stronger than last season in most areas but the most glaring weakness is in central defence as Stu says. We were actually quite lucky with injuries there last season and the thought of Carra picking up an injury fills me with dread. In reality, we probably need to sign TWO central defenders not one, but a really top class ONE will probably have to suffice.
On the question of the goalkeeper I'm not totally convinced either. Given that Southampton want 2 million for Niemi and Spurs paid 3 mill for Robinson, 6 mill is a lot for a keeper these days. If he's absolutely top-drawer (which rafa clearly thinks he is) then OK, if not the critics will be circling. Robert Greene would have been my preferred option but time will tell.
Also, as seemingly everyone puts at the bottom of their posts these days, In Rafa we trust.      :p
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:58 pm

What about Robert Green, Damien Francis and Robbie Earnshaw?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:59 pm

yea, what is that!
although i am guilty of putting "in rafa we trust" aswell!
i just thought i'd follow the majority!
:D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:20 pm

there has been a lot of debate on where momo sissoko plays.
i personally thought it was obvious where rafa intends to play momo, and that is in the defensive role.
hence why rafa compared momo to viera!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:45 am

A.B. wrote:
You're missing the point... What if Gerrard and Alonso don't get injured?

Whats the point in strengthening an area you are already amoungst the best in europe in? strengthen the weakest area's first.

Infact, what am i talking about? Why don't we go and sign Lampard, Makelele, Gattuso, Pirlo, Scholes, Jenas, Vieira, Keane, Gilberto, Parker and every other decent centre mid out there. not having ANYRIGHT WINGERS. It doesn't matter as long as we have 50 central midfielders.

Zenden     Gerrard    Alonso    ??????
              Lampard   Vieira
              Gattuso    Hamann
              Pirlo         Scholes

Brilliant. Then if we get an injury in the centre we're covered. Superb. Its not like we need a winger anyway i mean Nunez is quality and Luis Garcia is a natural winger and not a forward, he's also right footed not left.

If you can't debate something without insulting others intelligence then by all means don't debate at all.

What if Gerrard and Alonso don't get injured?

You're still missing the point. The fact of the matter is that we will be playing more games than any other side in England or in Europe for that matter. The last time I checked Alonso and Gerrard aren't robots, you can't expect them to play 90 minutes of 70-80 some games next season. You can't expect them not to get tired or suspended, and with all our luck you can bet your sarcastic :censored: that one of them will get injured.

Zenden    Gerrard     Alonso     Joaquin

Zenden isn't a right winger he's a left winger, and Joaquin is a right winger

so it goes:

Joaquin        Alonso       Gerrard      Zenden

Nobody said that we don't need a right :censored: winger, just because we haven't bought one doesn't mean that we aren't getting one. NOTE: The trasnfer market is open until AUGUST 30th That's almost a month + from now.

And if you believe that Nunez will be first choice on the wing then you've lost your mind. Plus Benitez told Nunez that he's free to look for a club he can join.

How stupid are you lad? We've suffered this with you before... this isn't american croation football lad... this is FOOTBALL, the english sport....

LEFT....... RIGHT..... You lookin that?

LEFT IS THIS SIDE... RIGHT IS THIS SIDE... is your screen upside down, if your'e gonna start with sarcasm 14 year old, at least put them on the "RIGHT" :censored:  side.

Watch...

Morientes    Cisse

Zenden(Left on the left)   Alonso     Gerrard     Luis Garcia (Right on the right)

Riise                               Hyypia   Carragher  Finnan

Riena

If you're goiong to be pedantic you're going to made to look like a tit. So get a grip moron. :)

:censored: off and go and shove a dildo (fake dick) up your :censored: you stupid little child.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:12 am

How stupid are you lad? We've suffered this with you before... this isn't american croation football lad... this is FOOTBALL, the english sport....

LEFT IS THIS SIDE... RIGHT IS THIS SIDE... is your screen upside down, if your'e gonna start with sarcasm 14 year old, at least put them on the "RIGHT"  side.

Watch...

Morientes    Cisse

Zenden(Left on the left)   Alonso     Gerrard     Luis Garcia (Right on the right)

Riena

If you're goiong to be pedantic you're going to made to look like a tit. So get a grip moron. :)

off and go and shove a dildo (fake dick) up your you stupid little child.

You're a joke, you really are. You couldn't debate anything without having a go at somebody, perhaps you should go and buy yourself some maturity. You protest about how there isn't lack of good debates,posts, yet you come with this garbage of absolute sh1t. I don't have time for your nonsense, if you can't discuss something properly then do it at all.

LEFT IS THIS SIDE... RIGHT IS THIS SIDE... is your screen upside down, if your'e gonna start with sarcasm 14 year old, at least put them on the "RIGHT"  side.

14 year old? Please don't post like you know me or something  and for your sakes don't pull random numbers out of your stubborn :censored:.

this is FOOTBALL, the english sport....

The english sport? I thought it was the Chinese sport.

Watch...

Morientes    Cisse

Riena

Now you watch:

EXAMPLE

Dudek

Finnan     Carragher      Hyypia       Traore

Luis Garcia   Alonso       Gerrard       Riise

Kewell

Baros

Look on the CL Final dvd, when the starting line up is showed you will see the formation, the exact way I have it here. I know where my left and right is but this how the format is shown.

If only I could take a picture of it and post it here so you're stubborn, stuck up dumb a$$ could see it.

off and go and shove a dildo (fake dick) up your  you stupid little child.

Get some new insults would you? After the 3069th time it gets a bit old.

The next time you want to have a serious discussion with anybody learn how to debate properly.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:26 am

Sissoko's a good signing....... we need cover for our central midfielders.....

but i am not that sure of pepe (but i would love it if i was wrong). Like stu, everytime i have seen him play (4 or 5 times), he just looks like any other average goalkeeper. From what i have seen, he is no improvement over dudek or even carson. But like others, i have jumped on the bandwagon..... "in rafa i trust". In fact, i would make this my signature but being superstitious, i think i am gonna keep the old one.

i also hope rafa signs a quality centreback to replace hyppia instead of being hyppia's cover.... yes, to replace hyppia, the centreback has to be of some quality (which means he will cost). Hyppia was great in europe and all, but in the premiership against faster players, he always seems to struggle. And if hamann does not play.....i dread wat to think.

I would then be disappointed if we go on and sign crouch without getting a CB....but in rafa i trust  :D (but, pls rafa, don't sign crouch....i just hate his look).
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:31 am

Sissoko a good signing.......

but i am not that sure of pepe (but i would love it if i was wrong). Like stu, everytime i have seen him play (4 or 5 times), he just looks like any other average goalkeeper. From what i have seen, he is no improvement over dudek or even carson. But like others, i have jumped on the bandwagon..... in rafa i trust. In fact, i would make this my signature but  being superstitious, i think i am gonna keep it the same.

Reina has been one of the best keepers in Spain last season, he's kept over 20 clean sheets. I think he's more confident in himself than Dudek is who is undecisive during important times and not is sure of himself. Even though he was fantastic against AC Milan he's just made too many mistakes in the last two seasons, most which have cost us points.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:33 am

I would then be disappointed if we go on and sign crouch without getting a CB....but in rafa i trust  :D (but, pls rafa, don't sign crouch....i just hate his look).

For five million I wouldn't be entirely disapointed with Benitez signing Crouch but Southampton want 8 million which is more than what Morientes was worth, what Pandiani was bought for Birmingham, the same price Madrid payed for Owen, more than what Man Utd payed for Smith and those are just some strikers who are better than Crouch yet were cheaper or worth the same as he is now.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Garymac » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:28 pm

Sissoko will start the 2nd half in tonights friendly against leverkusen, so its are 1st real chance to judge a player, if were all honest, dont know that much about.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby matrix » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:51 am

i have to say sissoko looked verry good last night verry strong this could be the signing of the century a cross between vierra, and the scum keane, the way he tackles i mean, i would like all your coments on sissoko asap.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:21 am

all im saying is that i saw this lad 2 years ago and posted six months ago that this was the player we should buy from valencia. He is gonna be absolute quality
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:19 am

I hav a feeling that sissoko will not be a cover for Alonso or Gerrard.Now you no i am not saying Sissoko  is Alonso's nor Gerrards class.But i reckon he will play him behind the centre mids like makelele.Sissoko is tough and hard in tackles so his perfect place would be there i reckon.But if he pushes up let Alonso stay back.And sort sutin out
joependo

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:56 am

JBG wrote:What about Robert Green, Damien Francis and Robbie Earnshaw?

:D Sorry it took me so long to respond JBG, been a little busy in the Pub what with the warm weather and all.
It's true to say that my little picks look a bit silly now, what with us winning the Champions League and seemingly having some cash to splash. I think it's probably fair to remember that the context in which the two outfield players were mentioned was in the aftermath of Liverpool recording record losses and the press being full of "Reds Skint" stories. Also I was and am keen to point out that football as whole is a fashion victim and clubs follow trends like lemmings. Overseas and glamorous doesn't necessarily mean value, and though clubs are reluctant to take a chance these days, British based players can be good buys.
Greene I stand by to this day, I would rather have bought him than Reina TBH, though to be fair i haven't seen the Spaniard play really. The world and his brother have tried to buy Francis this summer but Worthington has fought tooth and nail to hold onto his best player. Earnshaw continues to be an enigma. Fantastic goalscoring record at every level he has played, including the Prem and Robson it seems doesn't fancy him and is not getting knocked over in the rush by potential suitors either. I reckon that just like last season, if he plays he scores. For Liverpool? no but for Portsmouth, Sunderland etc yes.
Prediction this year? For the front two at Wigan, if remaining fit, to keep them up. There you go, Mickie never afraid to put things out there.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion