SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:42 pm

The Good Yank » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 pm wrote:Why does every thread turn into some sort of plsslng contest.  Mignolet had a shakey start but turned out a hero ...IN HIS FIRST COMPETITIVE GAME for us.  Who gives a shlt what Pepe would have or wouldn't have done.  Pepe plays for Napoli right now and likely Barca next year.

Mignolet is our keeper now.  I know which one I want to see do well.

Sense at last. Min was shaky at first but saved us at the end, hopefully that gives him confidence to go on. No need to mention Pep, he's gone and he ain't coming back, nor is Sim being good a reason to 'diss' Pep. Hopefully Min builds on Saturday
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 pm

The Good Yank » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 pm wrote:Why does every thread turn into some sort of plsslng contest.  Mignolet had a shakey start but turned out a hero ...IN HIS FIRST COMPETITIVE GAME for us.  Who gives a shlt what Pepe would have or wouldn't have done.  Pepe plays for Napoli right now and likely Barca next year.

It's the same with Toure and Carra. Instead of just concentrating on what the player did - there seems to be a need to boost it more by talking down the player that was replaced. Everything that happened at the weekend has been massively overrated and overplayed with talk of "best start" in 5 years and being top of the table etc !!

It's just the first game - there are 37 left - that will tell the story of the players and team.

Mignolet had a very shakey game and was left off a number of times and then saved us 2 points at the - credit for that but his play before was very dodgy.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 pm

The Good Yank » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 pm wrote:Why does every thread turn into some sort of plsslng contest.  Mignolet had a shakey start but turned out a hero ...IN HIS FIRST COMPETITIVE GAME for us.  Who gives a shlt what Pepe would have or wouldn't have done.  Pepe plays for Napoli right now and likely Barca next year.

So why are you discussing Carra in the Toure thread.

The cheek of it.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:56 pm wrote:

It's the same with Toure and Carra. Instead of just concentrating on what the player did - there seems to be a need to boost it more by talking down the player that was replaced. Everything that happened at the weekend has been massively overrated and overplayed with talk of "best start" in 5 years and being top of the table etc !!

It's just the first game - there are 37 left - that will tell the story of the players and team.

Mignolet had a very shakey game and was left off a number of times and then saved us 2 points at the - credit for that but his play before was very dodgy.

Until a mod tells us otherwise, we can post and bask in the glory of Liverpool's triumphant win and mention the fact it was our best start in 6yrs, got a problem with that report it to the mods - this is a "free-thinking" forum.

Telling Liverpool supporters not to celebrate a win  :laugh:

Best start in 6 years.  :wwww

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Kind of thought Brendan's words last week of "A great keeper will win you an extra 10 points throughout the season" was a bit of blowing smoke.  Well Fook me our new keeper has already gotten us 4.  Two games in.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:07 pm

The Good Yank » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 pm wrote:Kind of thought Brendan's words last week of "A great keeper will win you an extra 10 points throughout the season" was a bit of blowing smoke.  Well Fook me our new keeper has already gotten us 4.  Two games in.

Very smart save today - very smart.

Certainly got no problems as a shot stopper.
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah mate.  Shot stopping, no problem.

But I'll bet the laundry crew have some work to do on the shorts after the spin around back pass from Agger  :laugh:
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:27 pm

doesnt look great under the high ball (mind you neither was reina) and i dont think he`s as good as reina with the ball at his feet but he`s got the reflexes of a f##king cat when it comes to shot stopping, as someone has already pointed out he`s the reason why we are sitting at the top of the table with chelsea atm.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:34 pm

great performance again today, he is really focussed on his task and read everything that was fired at him. he came here to improve so hopefully he does on crosses and with it at his feet. like reina though he is lacking the presence of a dominant centre half in front of him so if we can address that it will leave him less exposed.
he couldnt have asked for a better start to his liverpool career, absolutely fantastic start lad  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:58 pm

The Good Yank » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:15 pm wrote:Yeah mate.  Shot stopping, no problem.

But I'll bet the laundry crew have some work to do on the shorts after the spin around back pass from Agger  :laugh:

That is definitely a moment when you just want the keeper to thump it up the field
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:12 pm

I would hazard a guess that if Reina had been in goal we would have accrued 2 points rather than 6 so far.

Wouldn't have saved the peno or got to Bentekes strikes today, especially the second shot on the half volley.

Big difference with this lad in goal, talk about strikers all day but goalies make a massive difference.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Don't think it's very fair to say that because Pepe could have saved that pen and could have saved that shot as he has done both many times over his career and gained us many points.

As Good Yank said in post earlier - we don't need to keep dismissing Pepe to boost Mignolet - he has made two good saves in the first two games and has made a good start - that's all we should need to care about as opposed to bringing in Pepe every time Mignolet makes a save.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:21 pm

parchpea » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:12 pm wrote:I would hazard a guess that if Reina had been in goal we would have accrued 2 points rather than 6 so far.

Wouldn't have saved the peno or got to Bentekes strikes today, especially the second shot on the half volley.

Big difference with this lad in goal, talk about strikers all day but goalies make a massive difference.

Well I don't know about the penalty but I'm sure he wouldn't have even moved for Benteke's second strike. That's what he did last season at least.

Looks like an improvement on out-of-form Reina but he has a long way to go to reach the level that Reina was once on. He's definitely on the right track though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:28 am

Well, he can only be judged on the games he has played and so far he has shown he knows how to stop the ball.
Practically saved the wins in both games as we seem loose the plot in the latter stages.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:38 am

parchpea » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:12 pm wrote:I would hazard a guess that if Reina had been in goal we would have accrued 2 points rather than 6 so far.

I agree.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion