SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:25 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:22 pm wrote:Absolute liability, yet he's been rewarded with a new deal, he is atrocious, you can see teams licking their lips when they get a corner against us. He cost us tonight and he will continue to cost us again and again and again, the team have no faith him in him, the fans don't yet we persist with him, he simply must be replaced, it's essential.

thank you very much, everything i was trying to say but you said it better  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:26 pm

C-R » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:00 pm wrote:
C-R » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:37 pm wrote:So fed up with all the mistakes made by this keeper, awarded a new 5 year deal and flapping at balls, letting in goals at near post

I would bench him and give Danny Ward his chance

Don't care if people want to attack me for not supporting one of our players, but the guy is holding us back - big time -

Every team in the country regards him as our Achilles heel and they base their game plans around him.

Why do our managers not see it then mate ? When practically everyone else can, then he gets a new bumper contract  :censored:

God knows mate, but even if we are 2 or 3 goals up teams will never throw the towel in against us because they know that all they need is a corner or a free kick to get back into the game. He gives the opposition hope.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:17 am

I understand the stick for Mignolet, but think people need to see the bigger picture here.

Mig doesn't react well to pressure. Hence Klopp giving him support and a new contract in the hope he gets the best out of him.

Personally I think Klopp will bring in a decent keeper in the summer. Until then he's doing what he can to motivate our current guy.  Who isn't half as bad as some make out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:37 am

Well, he was disastrous tonight. He is back in a slump and it takes him games to get out of it.

Giving Ward a go isn't the worst idea.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 am

You can't judge a keeper until you have a good back 4 in front of him. If he's constantly full of doubts and concerns knowing his back 4 are in chaos it affects his game. 80% of the confidence of a good keeper comes from having faith in the back four. You could of played an idiot in goal behind  Phil Neal, Alan Kennedy, Phil Thompson and Alan Hansen, we just happened to have Clem.... who had the confidence of a maestro because .......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 am

Reg » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:59 am wrote:You can't judge a keeper until you have a good back 4 in front of him. If he's constantly full of doubts and concerns knowing his back 4 are in chaos it affects his game. 80% of the confidence of a good keeper comes from having faith in the back four. You could of played an idiot in goal behind  Phil Neal, Alan Kennedy, Phil Thompson and Alan Hansen, we just happened to have Clem.... who had the confidence of a maestro because .......

It works both ways mate....CB don't trust him as well...A lot of time you see him getting stuck on his line and then CB look at him puzzled why he didn't go attack the ball or pick it up first....Migs lacks this box awareness which is crucial especially in the Premier League.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:41 am

but find ourselves in a one on one situation or a shot from close range that needs a block and Migs is probably one of the best. His form has dropped a little but his confidence has hit the floor. Would you drop him for the Man.Utd game and put Ward in? or would you keep him in due to his experience in the big games?
Ward might be put to the slaughter against Man.Utd although this is LVG's Man.Utd and they're really not that good.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 am

leeroy74 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:41 am wrote:but find ourselves in a one on one situation or a shot from close range that needs a block and Migs is probably one of the best. His form has dropped a little but his confidence has hit the floor. Would you drop him for the Man.Utd game and put Ward in? or would you keep him in due to his experience in the big games?
Ward might be put to the slaughter against Man.Utd although this is LVG's Man.Utd and they're really not that good.

At this stage he is the best or not the worst we got...
Against ManU it won't be a problem as we will score double of what we concede.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:36 am

He's the worst keeper I've ever seen at defending crosses, he's far worse than David James who's problems tended to revolve around concentration issues. James wasnt a flapper under the high ball like this fella.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:36 am wrote:He's the worst keeper I've ever seen at defending crosses, he's far worse than David James who's problems tended to revolve around concentration issues. James wasnt a flapper under the high ball like this fella.

:nod  :nod  :nod

It's not just his flapping (which is bad enough on it's own), but he is consistently inconsistent

getting beaten at the near post and then that corner was ridiculous

every single time -any- team gets a corner against us i fear we will concede a goal

give Ward his chance, Mignolet can hit the bench
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Just beggars belief that Mign was Liverpool's player of the season and  kept the most clean sheets in 2014/2015?  The lad is obviously a complete T*ss*r !! Just what does that make JK and co for giving him a tasty new long term contract. They are obviously all blind and downright stupid? Or are they? I'm sure that the WHINGERS on this forum only have the ability to remember Mignolet's mistakes !!

He is clearly a confidence player. After he was dropped against United last season he came back when Brad Jones was injured with new belief and played exceptionally well. All that seems to be dismissed as soon as the lad makes a mistake.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:33 pm

devaney » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:18 am wrote:Just beggars belief that Mign was Liverpool's player of the season and  kept the most clean sheets in 2014/2015?  The lad is obviously a complete T*ss*r !! Just what does that make JK and co for giving him a tasty new long term contract. They are obviously all blind and downright stupid? Or are they? I'm sure that the WHINGERS on this forum only have the ability to remember Mignolet's mistakes !!

If it was just the whingers on here remembering Mingolets mistakes then it wouldnt be so bad but every team in the country remembers them too.
He's our Achilles heel, we know it and unfortunately so does everyone else.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:47 pm

devaney » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:18 am wrote:Just beggars belief that Mign was Liverpool's player of the season and  kept the most clean sheets in 2014/2015?  The lad is obviously a complete T*ss*r !! Just what does that make JK and co for giving him a tasty new long term contract. They are obviously all blind and downright stupid? Or are they? I'm sure that the WHINGERS on this forum only have the ability to remember Mignolet's mistakes !!

He is clearly a confidence player. After he was dropped against United last season he came back when Brad Jones was injured with new belief and played exceptionally well. All that seems to be dismissed as soon as the lad makes a mistake.

Mate, maybe he doesn't deserve such harsh criticism but he also does make mistakes which costs us points doesn't he? First goal beaten at near post, 2nd goal woeful positioning and presence and again beaten at near post. That compared to Chec, who conceded 3 unstoppable goals. It's clear who should have won if we had a better keeper than Mignolet. He falls short of the quality of keeper we should have if we want to be in top 4. Dudek who I feel is a very good keeper,and definitely better than Mignolet, was replaced with reina after he almost single handedly won the 2005 CL final for us, because reina was more consistent.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:36 am wrote:He's the worst keeper I've ever seen at defending crosses, he's far worse than David James who's problems tended to revolve around concentration issues. James wasnt a flapper under the high ball like this fella.

He makes David James look reliable

Give Ward a go. It can't get any worse. I think he's having an impact on the back 4 as well, they don't trust him and it causes panic
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:07 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:47 am wrote:

Mate, maybe he doesn't deserve such harsh criticism but he also does make mistakes which costs us points doesn't he? First goal beaten at near post, 2nd goal woeful positioning and presence and again beaten at near post. That compared to Chec, who conceded 3 unstoppable goals. It's clear who should have won if we had a better keeper than Mignolet. He falls short of the quality of keeper we should have if we want to be in top 4. Dudek who I feel is a very good keeper,and definitely better than Mignolet, was replaced with reina after he almost single handedly won the 2005 CL final for us, because reina was more consistent.

Yakka that doesn't really answer the points that I have raised or are you suggesting that JK is clueless when it comes to goalkeepers?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext