Season review

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:17 pm

Jerzy Dudek - 6. Had a decent season but made one or two costly errors again. He's not the same goalkeeper as the one we signed. He's lost confidence and doesn't command his box properly, his distribution is very slow and he often costs us counter attacks. He is also positionally quite average. I would think he'll move on in the summer. A good keeper, not a great one.

Kirkland - 5. Time to let Kirkland go i would think. He's been average when given the chance and simply isn't fit for long enough to stay. He had massive potential, possibly still has, but i've lost patience with him now. Its been three years and he's been fit for maybe a third of the games if i'm being kind.

Carson - 6. Made some great saves against Juventus and looks a cracking shot stopper. Quick off his line aswell. Can't command his box though and his communication with his defence is poor. In fairness he's a young lad, but he's not first team standard yet but he has time to improve. After looking very shakey at first there was an improvement. In a few years time he may improve to a first teeam standard.

Finnan - 8. Done this season what i expected last season. Looked good defensively and shown he knows how to use the ball well and attack. Intelligent player rather than physical. He's probably the second best right back in the league behind Ferreira of Chelsea. He's got a very good first touch for a full back aswell. I hope he maintains this level again next season.

Josemi - 6. After a good start he drastically lost form and his head. A good player though and i think we'll see the best of him next season, i fully expect him to make Finnan work as hard as he has this season to keep his place in the side.

Traore - 6. Good in the tackle, good pace, tall... thats about it. One or two half decent games but he doesn't have the ability to play at his level in a great side. He's to poor on the ball and he lacks the intelligence to play at this level. The main reason we have conceeded goals this season is Traore, as harsh as it sounds, alot of goals conceeded from set peices and open play have come from him not being in the correct position or losing his man at a set play, he nearly cost us against Juventus in the first leg. I hope he's sold this summer.

Warnock - 7. When he's had the chance he's impressed, he's got a touch, can pass, can beat a man, solid, aggressive, intelligent and a generally good player. Another Carragher in the making i reckon.

Carragher - 10. I just wish he'd scored a goal. Everyone who's slagged him off over the years should be ashamed of themselves instead of jumping on the bandwagon. He nearly scored one of the goals of the season against Villa the other day aswell. Absoloutely faultless season.

Hyypia - 7. Solid as ever but has been exposed not having a decent left back next to him most of the season. Still a class act, anyone who tells you otherwise is talking out of there :censored:.

Pellegrino - 5. Good tactical sense, physically though, not upto it i'm affraid. Looked poor then improved then poor again.

Luis Garcia - 8. 13 goals, superb. He started well and was full of confidence, his movement is great and he's very lively. Benn a really good signing. He had a dip after the first few games but he's come back a better player. He does need to decide what he's going to on the ball quicker though. Sometimes he takes so much time and finds himself under pressure, he doesn't have the strength to take his time either. He is often quilty of overplaying the ball aswell, he'll improve next season though i think.

Nunez - 5. Has to improve. I think he looks to have a bit of potential. He's quick and can definately get crosses into the box. Needs to learn how to defend better and become a bit more physical, he's a big lad so it shouldn't be hard. Could become a useful player next season.

Kewell - 5. I'm being generous because he's looked slightly better after coming back from injury. Had a poor season, not enough goals and not enough good performances. May move on in the summer.

Riise - 8. Crackin season. Full of energy, effort, pace and powerful shots. Not the long term answer at left mid, but i think he's definately an important player for our future. Hopefully he won't drop his standards next season.

Alonso - 8. Had he not been injured he'd have ran Carragher VERY close for player of the season. Class player. He always finds players in space with a superb range of passing. The players need to make better use of it. He's got everything in his locker aswell, although he's not athletic he gets around the pitch and is a trong and aggressive player. He's brilliant defensively and breaks up opponents attacks superbly, his tackling, marking, anticipation and positional player are nearly in the same league as Didi Hamann's. His return against Juventus was something else aswell. What a player he's going to be next season.

Gerrard - 6. Not good enough from the captain. He's sulked his way through far to many games this season and intimidated his own players far to often. He needs an attitude transplant. He'd do well to remember this club has sold better players than him and survived and will continue after he's gone, we owe him nothing, he owes us everything. The thing that annoys me, is when he gives everything, not many can touch him. If he stays he MUST improve his attitude next season. Hopefully he'll stay, but if he goes and we get good money i won't be to upset. We've often looked a better side this season when he hasn't played.

Hamann - 7. Well past his brilliant best, but the lads still got loads to offer in terms of experience and backup. Still a quality player and more than useful. May leave this summer though. Been a great servant. Hopefully he'll stay on :censored: backup for one more year.

Biscan - 7. Done well in europe. Shown glimpses of real class. However he still goes missing. He's a good player, but needs to learn to influence a game for 90 minutes as apose to showing the odd flash here and there.

Baros - 6. Had his chance to replace Owen, done nothing but moaned, missed chances and cried like a baby all season. Running down blind alleys and not passing might fool idiots like Banana but it doesn't fool real fans and people who know the game. Good player not a great one. Get off your high horse, realise you're never going to be more than a third choice striker at a good club then maybe you'll have a decent career. Not good enough, shut the door on your way out.

Mellor - 7. 110%, scored some vital goals and set up one of the most important goals this season with a great header. Not really premiership class but hasn't let anyone down this season.

Sinama-Pongolle - 7. Looked really lively all season. Was poor in his first game against Birmingham, after that he started to come into his own. He's a good player with intelligence, pace and trickery and he'll work hard and fight for the cause. Needs to improve his finishing but i think he could become a really good player over the next few years for us. Shame he got injured when he did.

Morientes - 6. Clearly struggled to settle. Shown glimpses of class but in general hasn't had the service he needs. Wouldn't suprise me if he left this summer but he'll hopefully stay and show us what he can do next season.

Cisse - 6. Before his injury he looked like he was trying to hard to impress and didn't look happy. His work rate wasn't the best and to be honest i think the fee and expectation got to him. Since he came back he's been a breath of fresh air and looked lively and likely to score a goal. He's a got a decent brain, unbelievable pace and is generally a good athlete. My only critisism is he doesn't really work hard enough without the ball, hopefully this will improve next season. He has serious potential and i hope he reaches the level he's capable of, if he does he'll be a £15m player.

Benitez - 7. He's been faultless in europe. In the league cup he was very, very good. The FA cup and League though were a disgrace if i'm honest. On saying that, he's had injuries to deal with (even so we had enough to finish above Everton) and its his first season. He should have learnt ALOT of harsh lessons this season to prepare him and his team for next season. I do expect a top three finish next season and i expect better results against the top 6 sides.

Players to leave:

Kirkland
Dudek
Traore
Pellegrino
Cheyrou
Diao
Diouf
Le Tallec
Vignal
Baros
Gerrard (possibly, not as likely as three months ago)

Squad for next season.

GK - Carson
RB - Finnan, Josemi, Carragher
LB - Riise, Warnock, Carragher
CB - Carragher, Hyypia
RM - Nunez, Luis Garcia
LM - Kewell, Riise, Warnock
CM - Gerrard, Alonso, Hamann, Biscan
CF - Morientes, Cisse, Sinama Pongolle.

We desperately need a class keeper, we desperately need a top class striker. Those two positions will improve away results when you need big saves and someone who can get you a goal anywhere. The main reason we've been so poor away this season is a lack of Owen's goals away frmo home and the fact that other teams don't need to do anything exceptional to beat our goalkeepers.

The next two priorities are the wings. Luios Garcia is better in the centre behind the front man 1 striker not 2, Nunez hasn't produced and Kewell hasn't hit top form for over a year. Riise isn't really a midfielder and neither is Warnock although both CAN opperate there.

After that we need either cover at the back or a better player than Hyypia to replace him. However i feel that defence we have now with Warnock/Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Finnan would be much much better with a superb commanding goalkeeper behind them.

Players i'd recommend.

GK - Robinson, Given... POSSIBLY Robert Green (although i'm not sure if he's better than we already have, my guess is probably not).
CB - Woodgate (if fit) if not then i'd struggle to name one of the required standard.
CM - Baraja. If Gerrard does stay and we can't afford him i'd like to see Nolan or Parker brought in.
RW - Pennant (gone), Joaquin
LW - Downing, Vicente (i reckon Downing can become a superb player over the net few years, pace, crossing, skill and intelligence, has proved he can handle the physical side of the game aswell and is only young. Suffered burn out at the end of the season though, still only young so understandable).
CF - Owen and i'll get slated for this but if Morientes does leave i'd like Ashton to be his replacement, considering we'd have Cisse and Luis Garcia there already he'd be fourth choice but i believe he's a player who can and will improve to become international class. He's great in the air, two footed, clever, aware and can handle the physical aspect of the game. He also single handedly had Crewe pushing for a play off place untill he left.

A squad i'd love to see:

GK - Robinson, Carson, +1 (Paul Jones type thing, experience if possible)
CB - Carragher, Woodgate, Hyypia, +1 (someone with experience but who still has something to offer or youth and potential)
RM - Joaquin, Nunez, Luis Garcia
LM - Downing, Riise, Warnock
CM - Gerrard (Baraja if he leaves), Alonso, Hamann, Parker
CF - Morientes (Ashton if he leaves), Cisse, Sinama Pongolle, Owen.

I'd probably get Biscan to sign and sell him and i'd look to let Kewell, Baros and the two goalkeepers leave. The chances are i think we'll see a new goalkeeper this summer, AT LEAST one new winger and a striker. POSSIBLY a quality centre half although i wouldn't be suprised if Benitez stuck with Sami and Carragher for one more season.
115-1073096938

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:31 pm

agree on most of that Stu, very fair summary of this season.

Reina is apparently as good as a done deal in terms of new keepers, and he has bene excellent for Villareal this season, rated very highly in Spain.

A bit controversial in terms of Ashton, but i have to say I agree. The lad looks like a real class act, has adapted to the Premier League straight away, after being brilliant for Crewe, and has been a major reason for Norwich nealry surviving this season. He's very strong, his first toch and ability to take players on is also good, and he is an excellent finisher.

I think he has what it takes to become one of the best English strikers around, and with Norwich going down is definitely worth a look as he wouldn't be too expensive.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue May 17, 2005 1:42 pm

Now that's a long text :)
Read it whole though. Good ideas, I share most of them to, but Cisse deserves 7 in my opinion - shaking of his bad injury in record time and coming back last weekend at Villa :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 17, 2005 1:46 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Jerzy Dudek - 6. Had a decent season but made one or two costly errors again. He's not the same goalkeeper as the one we signed. He's lost confidence and doesn't command his box properly, his distribution is very slow and he often costs us counter attacks. He is also positionally quite average. I would think he'll move on in the summer. A good keeper, not a great one.

Kirkland - 5. Time to let Kirkland go i would think. He's been average when given the chance and simply isn't fit for long enough to stay. He had massive potential, possibly still has, but i've lost patience with him now. Its been three years and he's been fit for maybe a third of the games if i'm being kind.

Carson - 6. Made some great saves against Juventus and looks a cracking shot stopper. Quick off his line aswell. Can't command his box though and his communication with his defence is poor. In fairness he's a young lad, but he's not first team standard yet but he has time to improve. After looking very shakey at first there was an improvement. In a few years time he may improve to a first teeam standard.

Finnan - 8. Done this season what i expected last season. Looked good defensively and shown he knows how to use the ball well and attack. Intelligent player rather than physical. He's probably the second best right back in the league behind Ferreira of Chelsea. He's got a very good first touch for a full back aswell. I hope he maintains this level again next season.

Josemi - 6. After a good start he drastically lost form and his head. A good player though and i think we'll see the best of him next season, i fully expect him to make Finnan work as hard as he has this season to keep his place in the side.

Traore - 6. Good in the tackle, good pace, tall... thats about it. One or two half decent games but he doesn't have the ability to play at his level in a great side. He's to poor on the ball and he lacks the intelligence to play at this level. The main reason we have conceeded goals this season is Traore, as harsh as it sounds, alot of goals conceeded from set peices and open play have come from him not being in the correct position or losing his man at a set play, he nearly cost us against Juventus in the first leg. I hope he's sold this summer.

Warnock - 7. When he's had the chance he's impressed, he's got a touch, can pass, can beat a man, solid, aggressive, intelligent and a generally good player. Another Carragher in the making i reckon.

Carragher - 10. I just wish he'd scored a goal. Everyone who's slagged him off over the years should be ashamed of themselves instead of jumping on the bandwagon. He nearly scored one of the goals of the season against Villa the other day aswell. Absoloutely faultless season.

Hyypia - 7. Solid as ever but has been exposed not having a decent left back next to him most of the season. Still a class act, anyone who tells you otherwise is talking out of there :censored:.

Pellegrino - 5. Good tactical sense, physically though, not upto it i'm affraid. Looked poor then improved then poor again.

Luis Garcia - 8. 13 goals, superb. He started well and was full of confidence, his movement is great and he's very lively. Benn a really good signing. He had a dip after the first few games but he's come back a better player. He does need to decide what he's going to on the ball quicker though. Sometimes he takes so much time and finds himself under pressure, he doesn't have the strength to take his time either. He is often quilty of overplaying the ball aswell, he'll improve next season though i think.

Nunez - 5. Has to improve. I think he looks to have a bit of potential. He's quick and can definately get crosses into the box. Needs to learn how to defend better and become a bit more physical, he's a big lad so it shouldn't be hard. Could become a useful player next season.

Kewell - 5. I'm being generous because he's looked slightly better after coming back from injury. Had a poor season, not enough goals and not enough good performances. May move on in the summer.

Riise - 8. Crackin season. Full of energy, effort, pace and powerful shots. Not the long term answer at left mid, but i think he's definately an important player for our future. Hopefully he won't drop his standards next season.

Alonso - 8. Had he not been injured he'd have ran Carragher VERY close for player of the season. Class player. He always finds players in space with a superb range of passing. The players need to make better use of it. He's got everything in his locker aswell, although he's not athletic he gets around the pitch and is a trong and aggressive player. He's brilliant defensively and breaks up opponents attacks superbly, his tackling, marking, anticipation and positional player are nearly in the same league as Didi Hamann's. His return against Juventus was something else aswell. What a player he's going to be next season.

Gerrard - 6. Not good enough from the captain. He's sulked his way through far to many games this season and intimidated his own players far to often. He needs an attitude transplant. He'd do well to remember this club has sold better players than him and survived and will continue after he's gone, we owe him nothing, he owes us everything. The thing that annoys me, is when he gives everything, not many can touch him. If he stays he MUST improve his attitude next season. Hopefully he'll stay, but if he goes and we get good money i won't be to upset. We've often looked a better side this season when he hasn't played.

Hamann - 7. Well past his brilliant best, but the lads still got loads to offer in terms of experience and backup. Still a quality player and more than useful. May leave this summer though. Been a great servant. Hopefully he'll stay on :censored: backup for one more year.

Biscan - 7. Done well in europe. Shown glimpses of real class. However he still goes missing. He's a good player, but needs to learn to influence a game for 90 minutes as apose to showing the odd flash here and there.

Baros - 6. Had his chance to replace Owen, done nothing but moaned, missed chances and cried like a baby all season. Running down blind alleys and not passing might fool idiots like Banana but it doesn't fool real fans and people who know the game. Good player not a great one. Get off your high horse, realise you're never going to be more than a third choice striker at a good club then maybe you'll have a decent career. Not good enough, shut the door on your way out.

Mellor - 7. 110%, scored some vital goals and set up one of the most important goals this season with a great header. Not really premiership class but hasn't let anyone down this season.

Sinama-Pongolle - 7. Looked really lively all season. Was poor in his first game against Birmingham, after that he started to come into his own. He's a good player with intelligence, pace and trickery and he'll work hard and fight for the cause. Needs to improve his finishing but i think he could become a really good player over the next few years for us. Shame he got injured when he did.

Morientes - 6. Clearly struggled to settle. Shown glimpses of class but in general hasn't had the service he needs. Wouldn't suprise me if he left this summer but he'll hopefully stay and show us what he can do next season.

Cisse - 6. Before his injury he looked like he was trying to hard to impress and didn't look happy. His work rate wasn't the best and to be honest i think the fee and expectation got to him. Since he came back he's been a breath of fresh air and looked lively and likely to score a goal. He's a got a decent brain, unbelievable pace and is generally a good athlete. My only critisism is he doesn't really work hard enough without the ball, hopefully this will improve next season. He has serious potential and i hope he reaches the level he's capable of, if he does he'll be a £15m player.

Benitez - 7. He's been faultless in europe. In the league cup he was very, very good. The FA cup and League though were a disgrace if i'm honest. On saying that, he's had injuries to deal with (even so we had enough to finish above Everton) and its his first season. He should have learnt ALOT of harsh lessons this season to prepare him and his team for next season. I do expect a top three finish next season and i expect better results against the top 6 sides.

Players to leave:

Kirkland
Dudek
Traore
Pellegrino
Cheyrou
Diao
Diouf
Le Tallec
Vignal
Baros

Squad for next season.

GK - Carson
CB - Carragher, Hyypia
RM - Nunez, Luis Garcia

We desperately need a class keeper, we desperately need a top class striker. Those two positions will improve away results when you need big saves and someone who can get you a goal anywhere. The main reason we've been so poor away this season is a lack of Owen's goals away frmo home and the fact that other teams don't need to do anything exceptional to beat our goalkeepers.

The next two priorities are the wings. Luios Garcia is better in the centre behind the front man 1 striker not 2, Nunez hasn't produced and Kewell hasn't hit top form for over a year. Riise isn't really a midfielder and neither is Warnock although both CAN opperate there.

After that we need either cover at the back or a better player than Hyypia to replace him. However i feel that defence we have now with Warnock/Riise, Hyypia, Carragher, Finnan would be much much better with a superb commanding goalkeeper behind them.

Players i'd recommend.

GK - Robinson, Given... POSSIBLY Robert Green (although i'm not sure if he's better than we already have, my guess is probably not).
CB - Woodgate (if fit) if not then i'd struggle to name one of the required standard.
CM - Baraja. If Gerrard does stay and we can't afford him i'd like to see Nolan or Parker brought in.
LW - Downing, Vicente (i reckon Downing can become a superb player over the net few years, pace, crossing, skill and intelligence, has proved he can handle the physical side of the game aswell and is only young. Suffered burn out at the end of the season though, still only young so understandable).
CF - Owen and i'll get slated for this but if Morientes does leave i'd like Ashton to be his replacement, considering we'd have Cisse and Luis Garcia there already he'd be fourth choice but i believe he's a player who can and will improve to become international class. He's great in the air, two footed, clever, aware and can handle the physical aspect of the game. He also single handedly had Crewe pushing for a play off place untill he left.

A squad i'd love to see:

CB - Carragher, Woodgate, Hyypia, +1 (someone with experience but who still has something to offer or youth and potential)

I'd probably get Biscan to sign and sell him and i'd look to let Kewell, Baros and the two goalkeepers leave. The chances are i think we'll see a new goalkeeper this summer, AT LEAST one new winger and a striker. POSSIBLY a quality centre half although i wouldn't be suprised if Benitez stuck with Sami and Carragher for one more season.

Pretty fair assessment stu :buttrock

Dudek 6. A few mistakes which cost us a few that didnt. I generally like him as a keeper but lapses in concentration cost us dear at times. Could be off in the summer.

Kirkland 5. Constantly injured. Bye.

Carson 7. Looked decent in the few games he's had. Call up to England squad should boost morale. Will probably be no 2 next season.

Finnan 8. Has had a good season. Good going forward and solid defensively. A marked improvement.

Josemi 6. Bright start, but then started to look distinctly average. Too often exposed for pace and positional sense is poor.

Traore 7. Much improved but still needs work on positioning. Clumsy is the word I'd use to describe him. Own goal against Burnley just proved why he will never cut it.

Warnock 7. Willing and able when called upon, does not look out of place at all. Valuable squad member.

Carragher 10. No need to comment!

Hyypia 7. Positional sense and reading of the game still exemplary. Looked good in CL games but is starting to look a bit vulnerable in the premiership, especially against pace.

Pellegrino 4. Why oh why?

Gerrard 7. Constant speculation about future has not helped but has been inconsistent by his own admission. Class when on top form but has gone missing in too many big games.

Alonso 8. Would have got at least a 9 if he'd been fit for the full season. Best passer I've seen at the club since Jan Molby. Will prove to be a snip at £10m.

Biscan 7. Starting to show glimpses of what he's capable of but probably too late to earn a new contract. Had some great CL games. Ran the show in Deportivo and at home to Leverkusen. Still not the standard required though.

Hamann 7. Again mr dependable. Hope he signs a new contract

Riise 9. Has been class this season. looked a decent winger although I still think he's a full back. Eight goals is also a good return for a wide player.

Kewell 4. See Kirkland

Garcia 8. Season of three parts. Great start, poor middle, cracking end. Joint top scorer. Great touch and vision. Will be a vital part of the club's future.

Nunez 6. Can't make my mind up. Squad player at best.

Morientes 6. Class act although struggled to find form and still adjusting to prem pace.

Cisse 7. Amazing comeback from injury. Will be dynamite next season with the right players around him.

Baros 7. Work rate not in question. However, striker's instinct, touch and general awareness are severely suspect. Begged for a chance when Heskey was here, got it this season and failed to capitalise. Bye bye in the summer.

Sinama Pongolle 6. Another one who's season was cut short by injury. However looked half decent when he played and will provide useful back up for injuries.

Mellor 7. A finisher. Was beggining to look like a decent player before the injury. Goal against Arsenal was memorable. However lack of mobility may prove a problem long term.

there are a few players who didnt really play enough games to be mentioned.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue May 17, 2005 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue May 17, 2005 1:49 pm

Good post, Stu, I'd agree with most of it.

Ashton looks a handy player mind, but it could be the case of him missing the boat now as playing in the Championship next season will do him no good. He could do with a quick change to a Premiership side: I could see him doing well at Wigan.

I think too much was expected of Morientes and I'm a bit disapointed that many people have got on his back. I have a feeling he'll start next season with all guns blazing.

I think we'll see a big overhaul in the summer, with a new full back, centre back, central midfielder, winger and centre forward all arriving, and possibly a new goalie as well. I doubt if it will be players like Vicente or Baraja, but instead guys who have been largely unheard of before.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:49 pm

Carson looked shakey and made a howler against Juventus.

Hence thre reason i only gave him a 6. I was harsh on Gerrard. 7, he has scored alot of goals. The words would remain the same though.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Tue May 17, 2005 1:52 pm

Carson did very well against Juventus Stu, I thought, his mistake aside.

He was shakier in the previous game against Newcastle when a few crosses caused him problems.

However, I thought in the Newcastle game it was a matter of nerves and he does look to me as if he has genuine ability.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 17, 2005 2:01 pm

A good read and a decent assessment. I could probably only disagree with you on a couple of points/scores;

Gerrard - I figure the 6 you have given him largely reflects his attitude at times this season. I think you would probably admit he has performed as well as/better than Biscan who got a 7 this season.

Carragher - Agree that the 10 you have given is spot on but i don't think you should accuse everybody of jumping on the Carra bandwagon. Would you have given the lad anything more than an 8 based on his performance in previous seasons. The guy has made a BIG step-up this year.

As for Ashton - I won't be jumping down your throat for suggesting him. Haven't seen much of him but he looks a good player. Same goes for Nolan who is a good player who could blossom playing for a better club who keep the ball on the deck.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue May 17, 2005 3:01 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Jerzy Dudek - 6. Had a decent season but made one or two costly errors again. He's not the same goalkeeper as the one we signed. He's lost confidence and doesn't command his box properly, his distribution is very slow and he often costs us counter attacks. He is also positionally quite average. I would think he'll move on in the summer. A good keeper, not a great one.

Players to leave:

Kirkland
Dudek
Traore
Pellegrino
Cheyrou
Diao
Diouf
Le Tallec
Vignal
Baros

Squad for next season.

GK - Carson
CB - Carragher, Hyypia
RM - Nunez, Luis Garcia

Players i'd recommend.

A squad i'd love to see:

Ok summary lad.

But your recommendations suck.
Given? Green? Seriously
Woodgate? A crippled racist punk
Joaquin/Vicente? Where will you get the money from if I may ask?
Owen? A egoistic player who think himself bigger than the team, and tried to do a mcmanaman on us. He left the club because he did NOT WANT to be here. Get over it.

I tell you what we will get in the summer:

Team players

There will not be any superstars coming this way. And I'm happy about that. What we need is professional players with a good mentality. Why is Rome almost relegated? They have Totti, De Rossi, Montella, Chiuvu, Dellas, Cassano, Dacourt, Tommasi, Panucci, Mexes. But there is no TEAM. The players are just mercenaries and don't care about the club or the fans. As long as they get supermodels to bed, can drive fancy cars, wear the latest couture they give a sh!t. If Rome is relegated, Cassano or Chivu won't suffer. A new club will come and sign them.

This is the issue.

We don't need punk :censored: lazy mercenaries here. We have unfortunately signed a few of them already. Diouf for instance. Benitez shipped out that lazy azz Murphy. Now Benitez will have to squeeze out the rest of the punks, and start finding some real professional footballers.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue May 17, 2005 3:05 pm

Haha, what a knob!!

Here were my recomendations...

Joaquin, Downing, Vicente, Ashton, Robinson... to name a few...
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Tue May 17, 2005 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby thegreedo » Tue May 17, 2005 3:45 pm

Now, now boys! Great post stu, enjoyed reading it. Can't get enough of the carra plaudits, all the b/s aside I've watched his progress from the youth team. After a great debut goal against villa I've had my doubts about him over the years but I'm so pleased now to see what a player he's become. I think he's destined to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Hansen and Hughes. 110% RED!!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue May 17, 2005 4:01 pm

Weird how you write off Gerrard and Pellegrino and not Josemi...
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue May 17, 2005 4:25 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Weird how you write off Gerrard and Pellegrino and not Josemi...

Firstly, good post stu that's very fair. Ashton, now that is interesting, he was fantastic after coming into the Norwich side this season, I think he'd be easy to pick up as well.

Josemi was a good player when he first came, was good pre season and people were raving after the tottenham game. The red against Fulham definetely did something to him, or maybe it was seeing Cisse get stretchered off, but that was around the time he lost all his form. I still back him to settle in, learn the English game a bit more and become a useful squad player.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue May 17, 2005 4:29 pm

banana wrote:

Players to leave:

Kirkland
Dudek
Traore
Pellegrino
Cheyrou
Diao
Diouf
Le Tallec
Vignal
Baros

Squad for next season.

GK - Carson
CB - Carragher, Hyypia
RM - Nunez, Luis Garcia

Players i'd recommend.

A squad i'd love to see:

Ok summary lad.

Given? Green? Seriously
Woodgate? A crippled racist punk
Joaquin/Vicente? Where will you get the money from if I may ask?
Owen? A egoistic player who think himself bigger than the team, and tried to do a mcmanaman on us. He left the club because he did NOT WANT to be here. Get over it.

I tell you what we will get in the summer:

Team players

There will not be any superstars coming this way. And I'm happy about that. What we need is professional players with a good mentality. Why is Rome almost relegated? They have Totti, De Rossi, Montella, Chiuvu, Dellas, Cassano, Dacourt, Tommasi, Panucci, Mexes. But there is no TEAM. The players are just mercenaries and don't care about the club or the fans. As long as they get supermodels to bed, can drive fancy cars, wear the latest couture they give a sh!t. If Rome is relegated, Cassano or Chivu won't suffer. A new club will come and sign them.

This is the issue.

We don't need punk :censored: lazy mercenaries here. We have unfortunately signed a few of them already. Diouf for instance. Benitez shipped out that lazy azz Murphy. Now Benitez will have to squeeze out the rest of the punks, and start finding some real professional footballers.

good posts, lad
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue May 17, 2005 5:19 pm

Great post Stu  :)

Agree with Finnan.  The comparison might be unpopular but think about G Neville and D Irwin. Solid sensible players who wont let you down.  I think we have a really good player and up there with any other right back in the country if not the best one.

With Traore, I think he will move central, the one thing regarding JC is I and a lot of people were proved wrong and Stu to be honest your in the minority if you always thought he was this good.  I think Traore is a defender first like JC and could benefit from a switch.

Riise and Warnock, good players and Warnock could become the Finnan of the left hand side.

Biscan, well Ive enjoyed watching him improve but he doesnt cut it enough for me but in a way I will miss him and I hope he does well in Spain or Italy I really do.

Garcia, breath of fresh air, mistakes yes bad passes yes but different and brings something else to the team YES.

Nunez, I think he will improve and be a good squad player and at least tries to go give us width.

Josemi.  Great in the first few games but since then has gone downwards.  Another season definitely as I have a feeling he will want to prove his worth, and this can only be good for Finnan as well.

Morientes, World class,  has not been in the joy of the cL squad but I expect him to be a revelation next season.  Any talk of we wont miss him is a bit daft to be honest, ok maybe not now but long term yes.

Baros.  I so wanted him to do it after last summer and has worked tirelessly on his own at times but it just aint clicking and he aint 100% happy.  I will hope he does well wherever he goes

Cisse.  I was a doubter before the injury but have changed my mind.  He came back early and came back hungry and determined.  He has different hairstyles every week.  He's loud and brash.  Not great footballing reasoning maybe but this is how I see it.  This guy just wants to be a big time charlie and loves attention and the limelight,  I think he will become a big time charlie but with us.  This time next season he will be a Kop cult figure.

Le Tallec and Pongo.  Prove yourselves lads. Now is not the time to demand and leave as we are on the verge of great things so if you do want out maybe you werent destined for us anyway

Benitez.  Mistakes yes.  Admits it yes.  Moans no.  Dignified, pleasant but you can identify a ruthlesness there.  Telling Bolton that Diouff would be handy as a reserve if they didnt meet the price showed calmness and steel.  Has made noises about getting rid of players who dont fit in.  Everything points towards him becoming a legend, its more of a feeling than anything else but he wears it well dont you think.  Pure class in defeat and in winning, just gets on with it and always looks to improve.  Has shown that he can improve players and teams, has shown his tactical awareness. He is not afraid to make decisions either.

Hence the reason I discusse him before the next two.

Gerrard and Kewell

Well, on form with Alonso in the midfiels these two would be frightening.  But for me they simply havent shown it.  Gerrard is world class and has played well this season but deep down I think we all know he could have done a lot better.  Kewell, well he simply hasnt turned up.  SG at least plays but cos we know how good he can be its frustrating to not see it. 

This is my theory. And although they dont deserve to be lumped together I will for convenience sake

At the start of the season they werent happy players, now this is not RB's fault but he had to deal with it.  RB doesnt seem to be the type of guy who gets held to ransom by a plyaer but had to use what he's got.  Over the season we can see that we are improving and theres genuine optimism for next season.  we can see that we have a great manager.  I think that SG and HK can see this now and can see the improvements in others plus the fact that this team will carry on with or without you, its just that we prefer the with option.  I think they were playing to their own style and belief which goes against RB's belief and its this small subtle thing which has probably annoyed them all over the season.  SG with his comments and attitude has to be honest looked like he is degfinitely leaving and the same with Kewell.

Lately however I detect a small yet subtle change.  Im not sure if they get on but I think they definitely respect RB.  I think they have finally been converted to his ways and if they run in tandem together next season they will improve as players.  Now SG does need to improve and those who think no well keep on buying Shoot magazine and see you in a few years.  What really excites me is SG and HK improving and welkl up for it.  Add Alonso in there as well and maybe Garcia.  If this midfield doesnt scare the opposition then Im a monkeys uncle.

Now if they dont and Im totally wrong what have we lost, two players who dont want to be here deep down, hardly the type of players who win leagues for you. The odd cup game yes but not leagues.  SG can win on his own but he can also lose it on his own as well. 

Oh yeah Hamman.  Youve been great mate and if you take one final payday in Germany then good luck I always apprciated your efforts. Please dont join Bolton

Pellegrino, well a coach to be honest but good sqaud cover as well

In summary.  Next season will see players who want to win and have has some time to gel and a proper pre season as well.

The future is bright the future is Red

:bowdown  :bowdown
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion