Mid season review

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:24 pm

So lads it is half time we are at the mid point for this season.

Thoughts????

So far it has been amazing just awesome we are playing like champions, cautious and precise.
The first few months we did seem to be out of flow compared to our usual self but i guess this sacrifice to our style had to happen. Defensively we've been sublime only conceeded 7 goals in the epl. Allison and VVD commanding our back line.

In Europe we've been on and off should have qualified earlier but finally got there so pleased with that.

4 points clear of the mighty City so far so good lets keep it going.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Blown away by the transformation at the back.

The signing of a world class goalie has provided the missing piece for our title challenge.

Midfield is a work in progress, with Keita looking out of sorts. But Fab has grown into the role wonderfully.

Think more goals will come as Salah finds form. Shaq has been a real shrewd bit of business
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:00 pm

The balance between defence and attack has been just about perfect...that's the key to winning PL titles.

I still think that Salah, Mane and Firminho have another collective gear to shift into as well- pretty frightening prospect for anyone if they click into it in the new year,

For now, the pressure is still on City as defending champions and big favourites to retain their title.
If the players can stay relaxed and enjoy the ride this really could be the season the title comes home.

It's been a long and sometimes tortuous wait - 29 years come next May but if we can beat the petro-dollar clubs while spending a fraction of what they do the victory will be all the sweeter..

As I said in another post it's all about focussing on the next game and then the next one...If we can stay 4 points clear until we play them, I reckon City won't be able to handle us or the pressure to win - even on their home turf.

It's a dream scenario but a 7 point cushion after 21 games will be a brilliant springboard to GO for it..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion