ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Part of me really wishes that Firmino would have stayed in the crowd and pretended he was injured. Im sure if it was the other way round the everton player would have done just that.
The other part of me is proud that he didnt because I would hate any of our players to stoop to their level. I really dont know whether he used the race card to distract from his actions and the consequences he may have had to face, but human nature being what it is, and him being a blue I wouldnt be shocked if he did. Anyway fu'ck the little pr'ick because if thats the way he wants to behave he will only end up at a sh'it club (or even sh'itter than the one hes at) in the long run.
Thankfully Bobby seems to be ok and unaffected so lets move on and put it down to experience
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:50 pm

Hopefully all of this is true and it was just a misunderstanding. IF Firmino was in the wrong, he'd face a long ban and the papers would have a field day at our expense. Rightly.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:11 am

There are 3 things to consider: the push, the fact the ref did nothing and any comment from Firmino.

They have to act on the push, admit the ref was wrong and dismiss the racist accusation and repremand him for bad language, even though it was in a foreign language - which is normal when you have so many different nationalities in the EPL.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 am

Reg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 am wrote:There are 3 things to consider: the push, the fact the ref did nothing and any comment from Firmino.

They have to act on the push, admit the ref was wrong and dismiss the racist accusation and repremand him for bad language, even though it was in a foreign language - which is normal when you have so many different nationalities in the EPL.

I thought at the time the push was a yellow, did you think it was a straight red? You could argue for a second yellow for grabbing the ref but I can't see that being given and can they only retrospectively issue reds?

More news tonight apparently.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:01 am

The lip readers have already said he swore but did not say anything racist from what could be seen, there was a very short time when an Everton player moved to block Firmino from the TV view and this is supposed to be when he said the n word to Holgate. The problem with that is 1. It's convenient that he said this when his face blocked from view. 2. Other players and the ref were there and nobody reacted, which they certainly would have done had he said that. 3. Why would he, he was angry yes, but he had already insulted him in Portuguese why then move it racist in front of everyone. I don't believe he is that type of person or that stupid. I trust he will be exonerated quickly, the problem when you are accused of something involving the ism's these days then it's guilty until proven innocent.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 am

Boocity » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 am wrote:The lip readers have already said he swore but did not say anything racist from what could be seen, there was a very short time when an Everton player moved to block Firmino from the TV view and this is supposed to be when he said the n word to Holgate. The problem with that is 1. It's convenient that he said this when his face blocked from view. 2. Other players and the ref were there and nobody reacted, which they certainly would have done had he said that. 3. Why would he, he was angry yes, but he had already insulted him in Portuguese why then move it racist in front of everyone. I don't believe he is that type of person or that stupid. I trust he will be exonerated quickly, the problem when you are accused of something involving the ism's these days then it's guilty until proven innocent.

I think and hope your right, there should be other camera angles to review and the ref was wearing a mic ffs, they are supposed to be recorded in the Premier League so that should be definitive. They need to interview Holgate, Firmino, Lallana and Kenny. As you say, I rewatched the footage, there are 1 or 2 words said (after the filho da puta comment) that we can't see, so we don't know what was said, this is when Holgate reacts but the other players don't and apparently Firmino would have had to switch from Portugese to English to make the racist comment, which doesn't exist in Portugese. Hopefully we'll hear in the next day or so with it definitively cleared up as a misunderstanding.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 pm

I think this is all smoke without fire. I doubt anything will come of it, pending any investigation.

Firminho under reacted imo, as he should have chinned Holgate for deliberately trying to injure him, shoving with such force etc.

That's what I would have done :p

Anyway, onwards and upwards
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm

I still can't believe that an apparent name calling, racist or whatever, is now more serious than someone deliberately trying to hurt you physically.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm surprised that clown has not been punished or something. He deliberately pushed Firmino and caused all this situation.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:01 am

damjan193 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:51 pm wrote:I still can't believe that an apparent name calling, racist or whatever, is now more serious than someone deliberately trying to hurt you physically.

:kungfu:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:11 am

fivecups » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:16 am wrote:
Reg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 am wrote:There are 3 things to consider: the push, the fact the ref did nothing and any comment from Firmino.

I thought at the time the push was a yellow, did you think it was a straight red? You could argue for a second yellow for grabbing the ref but I can't see that being given and can they only retrospectively issue reds?

More news tonight apparently.

If Firmino gets cleared I suppose it could be argued that Holgate deceived the ref.
From the F.A's website.
From the start of the 2017-18 season, retrospective disciplinary action can be taken in situations when a match official has been deceived, and as a direct result, the offending player’s team has been:-
• awarded a penalty; and/or
• an opposing player has been sent-off where the act of simulation and/or feigning injury led to a straight red card or caused one of the two cautions that led to the dismissal.

This rule is not intended to regularly review debatable incidents but is to be utilised where there is a clear act of simulation.

If The FA believes that there may be a case to answer, a three-person panel consisting of one ex-player, one ex-manager and one ex-match official will be convened from the pool, subject to any conflicts of interest.

The current pool

Former players/managers
· Nigel Adkins
· Rachel Brown-Finnis
· Terry Butcher
· Lee Dixon
· Alex McLeish
Danny Murphy
· Chris Powell
· Trevor Sinclair
Former match officials
· Keren Barratt
· Steve Dunn
· Mike Mullarkey
· Alan Wiley
· Eddie Wolstenhome

The process

Following an incident, each of the three appointed panel members will be asked to review the footage independently of the other members. Only in circumstances where the panel members are unanimous will a charge be issued.

Should the charge be admitted, or denied and later found proven by an Independent Regulatory Commission, the player would receive a two-match suspension.

Although attempts to deceive a match official by feigning injury or simulation is a cautionable offence, the fact that the simulation has succeeded in leading to a penalty and/or dismissal justifies a more severe penalty which is also intended to act as a deterrent.

In the event that a charge is admitted or denied and later found proven, the Independent Regulatory Commission shall consider whether or not to rescind an associated caution or dismissal received by an opposing player as a result of the simulation.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/aug/04/f ... ces-040817

Think this covers diving more than anything else but it should come down to whether or not the Referee would or wouldn't have issued a card regardless of the accusation.
What is certain though is that Trevor Sinclair won't have any part in it  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:34 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Surely they cant ban Holgate now for twitter posts he made when he was 15.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 am

Another classy performance from Bobby yesterday.

17 goals so far and his link up play is just superb. Mane and Salah compliment him a lot on the pinch and we've seen him grown to a very much improved player.

He's really special
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:21 am

I've been a big critic of his but to fair to Firmino he has been outstanding for the past two months, crucially hes added goals to his game, hes still a little sloppy in possession but generally he's improved in that aspect too, im hoping that hes turned the corner goal scoring wise and turns into a regular consistent goal scorer permanently and not just having a purple patch of form because the guy is a certain starter in pretty much every game.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion