ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm wrote:
supersub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am wrote:So what would be acceptable to hear... is a full apology from Holgate for an unjust accusation of racism .... Holgate to receive a 3 match ban for what should have been a sending off offence, a further 2 match ban for a false accusation of racist slur and a "trevor Sinclair law" brought in which treats false accusations of racism with the same vigour as an actual incident of racism  ....

Why should Holdgate be banned for reporting it? Liverpool fans were all praising Rian Brewster a couple weeks ago for being brave enough to report racist abuse now it’s against one of our own we don’t agree? That’s ridiculous, if Holdgate thought he heard abuse he’s entitled to report it to the ref, it looks like it was a misunderstanding and if it was we can all move on.

unfortunately one of the easiest accusations to make to deflect attention from ones self is that of "joe blogg" was racist towards me officer....and that be the end of the matter....Holdgate made a false accusation and should be made to pay for it...or else pandoras box of excuses is well and truly open.... hold up the racist card for it trumps a yellow and a red
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 pm

supersub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:27 pm wrote:
supersub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am wrote:So what would be acceptable to hear... is a full apology from Holgate for an unjust accusation of racism .... Holgate to receive a 3 match ban for what should have been a sending off offence, a further 2 match ban for a false accusation of racist slur and a "trevor Sinclair law" brought in which treats false accusations of racism with the same vigour as an actual incident of racism  ....

Why should Holdgate be banned for reporting it? Liverpool fans were all praising Rian Brewster a couple weeks ago for being brave enough to report racist abuse now it’s against one of our own we don’t agree? That’s ridiculous, if Holdgate thought he heard abuse he’s entitled to report it to the ref, it looks like it was a misunderstanding and if it was we can all move on.

unfortunately one of the easiest accusations to make to deflect attention from ones self is that of "joe blogg" was racist towards me officer....and that be the end of the matter....Holdgate made a false accusation and should be made to pay for it...or else pandoras box of excuses is well and truly open.... hold up the racist card for it trumps a yellow and a red

The assumption that people pretend to be racially abused to get themselves out of trouble is absurd, in fact in most cases people who suffer abuse don’t even report it out of fear of nothing being done about it and the abuse received of calling someone out on racist behaviour, so I highly doubt Holdgate took this course of action lightly, like with any offence you are entitled to report it to the authorities without fear of being demonised for it.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:48 pm

see latest on Trevor Sinclair for absurd racial slur....
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 pm

I don’t think people should be punished for reporting racist behaviour in football. However, there should be a rule that it isn’t made public until a full investigation has taken place.

To be fair, NO ONE here know what was/wasn’t said during the players’ spat. But I’m hoping that Holgate has simply misheard the abuse he received from Firmino in Portuguese. Time will tell.

I do, however, find it a little sad that some are implying that the Tevor Sinclair scenario is more-common than racism. It isn’t. And anyone who thinks they’ve received racial abuse should report it without fears of being punished if the authorities feel there is insufficient evidence.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 pm

If you want to talk about racism then create a thread somewhere else...Firmino was falsely accused of a racist comment without any grounds other than speaking in Portugese...that outburst in affect stopped Holdgate being dismissed from the field of play for a violent and dangerous foul on Firmino....the Trevor Sinclair comparison was merely to demonstrate that some will use such disgusting tactics to deflect blame to save face........with regards to punishment for false accusations....the lack of an apology is deafening....the lad played a card knowing full well blame will be deflected...does "kick racism out of football" no favours
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:17 pm

This...will potentially open a can of worms as every time in the heat of moment and you want to get another player in trouble just shout "he used racial slur against me" just like an angry girl will falsely report "rape" out of spite. If referee did not hear it then FA should not interfere otherwise this will be a slippery slope and put unnecessary distress on another.

Now the fact of the matter being...did Holgate tried to injured Firmino by intentionally pushing him towards the advertising board? We know the answer to that...and should he be given a straight red? Why was he not even being given any card at all? Because he complained of Firmino using the "N" word and as a result Firmino is now being subjected to an investigation? How convenient. Making false accusations, intentionally trying to injure another player then falsely accusing another of racism should be punished much heavier than the actual act itself.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Do we actually know WHAT he is accused of by the FA?

If it was racist, the referee was right there also as a witness, so any investigation should be very straightforward.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Ghost of Shankly wrote:Do we actually know WHAT he is accused of by the FA?

If it was racist, the referee was right there also as a witness, so any investigation should be very straightforward.

Firmino is not accused of anything by the fa?
Holgate accused him of calling him a ni**er, thus triggering an investigation into racial abuse. As has been said before, it conveniently stopped holgate being punished for the push and as yet I havent heard that he has apologised for either the dangerous behaviour or the false accusation?
The kid must be made up with himself and has probably been congratulated by the club and the fans since he got away with it
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:56 pm

I read that the referee refers to the incident in his report, but stated he did not hear Bobby say the N word.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:58 pm

supersub » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:35 pm wrote:If you want to talk about racism then create a thread somewhere else...Firmino was falsely accused of a racist comment without any grounds other than speaking in Portugese...that outburst in affect stopped Holdgate being dismissed from the field of play for a violent and dangerous foul on Firmino....the Trevor Sinclair comparison was merely to demonstrate that some will use such disgusting tactics to deflect blame to save face........with regards to punishment for false accusations....the lack of an apology is deafening....the lad played a card knowing full well blame will be deflected...does "kick racism out of football" no favours

Well said ,I think with knowing full well the stigma that accompanies any claim of racism then Holgate should be admonished for his actions and the censure that follows should be in keeping with the weight such accusations entail.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 pm

unfortunately one of the easiest accusations to make to deflect attention from ones self is that of "joe blogg" was racist towards me officer....and that be the end of the matter....Holdgate made a false accusation and should be made to pay for it...or else pandoras box of excuses is well and truly open.... hold up the racist card for it trumps a yellow and a red[/quote].

The assumption that people pretend to be racially abused to get themselves out of trouble is absurd, in fact in most cases people who suffer abuse don’t even report it out of fear of nothing being done about it and the abuse received of calling someone out on racist behaviour, so I highly doubt Holdgate took this course of action lightly, like with any offence you are entitled to report it to the authorities without fear of being demonised for it.[/quote]

Totally agree, I'm sure it's happened before nowhere near as often as incidences of racist abuse and watching the replay I think Holgate would deserve a golden globe if he was putting that reaction on, he thought he heard it and shouldn't be punished for that. I'm not entirely sure the cameras picked up everything Firmino said, hopefully he miscontrued that da Puta comment but it looked like there was a word or two after that wasn't picked up.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 pm

fivecups » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:34 pm wrote:

Totally agree, I'm sure it's happened before nowhere near as often as incidences of racist abuse and watching the replay I think Holgate would deserve a golden globe if he was putting that reaction on, he thought he heard it and shouldn't be punished for that. I'm not entirely sure the cameras picked up everything Firmino said, hopefully he miscontrued that da Puta comment but it looked like there was a word or two after that wasn't picked up.

You can proffer absolution for Holgate and in the same breath  you profess to holding doubts about Firmino's conduct . I find it amazing how that some people find it ridiculous that anyone would claim they were the victim of racism to limit the amount of censure brought upon them,and yet they can make the implication that Firmino delivered racial abuse. ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:05 pm wrote:
fivecups » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:34 pm wrote:

You can proffer absolution for Holgate and in the same breath  you profess to holding doubts about Firmino's conduct . I find it amazing how that some people find it ridiculous that anyone would claim they were the victim of racism to limit the amount of censure brought upon them,and yet they can make the implication that Firmino delivered racial abuse. ???

Amazing it may sound to you RBG but it doesn't look to me like he was acting, it looked genuine, I'm ok if some on Newkit having a different opinion. Similarly, I've said several times above that I think Holgate was mistaken in what he heard, but I'm not 100% sure the cameras captured everything that was said.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Move along  :nod Nothing to see here is the verdict that will be returned when the dust settles  :nod  Holgate though should face some sort of punishment for his actions which basically constituted as assault when he shoved him over the hoarding. The ref should have sent him off for that.
Anyway Bobby isn't with the rest of the squad training so I hope it had nothing to do with the these accusations.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 pm

Agreed, what if Firminho had sustained a serious injury due to the lunacy of this tool. We'd be screaming for A red card. I was anyway.
Hopefully the FA will give him a three match ban and a fine for common assault.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion