ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:10 pm

only me » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:05 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:07 pm wrote::laugh:

I don't think anyone is comparing him to Suarez in terms of finishing ,but I did say his awareness to pick out players around the box could eventually surpass the Uruguayans ,but when you have to jump along with the (I just don't see it ) sheep I suppose there's no use dragging your hooves

I don't know about sheep but i sure know what happens when you mix Vodka with a Pint  :laugh:

"If every player we had in the team showed the same relentless determination to regain possession we would be challenging for the league"....Let's start with him keeping possession then maybe he won't need to regain it....Firmino is a talented player no doubt and he is making progress learning the game and pace of the PL but no need to get carried away...Unless it's Vodka and Pint...

That retort is probably even less considered than your critique on players .  I'm teetotal ,dickhead !  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Typical Firmino performance. Worst player on the pitch by a country mile but got a goal. Sloppy everywhere and having miscontrolled for their goal he then turns his back on the ball.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Hes a top stat player but when you look at him there doesnt look much there.

In a way hes the poster boy for spread sheet recruitment a bit like Ozil, both who dont look like real footballers to me.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm

He took the goal well though
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Firmino reminds me of Luis Garcia.  Gives the ball away alot but capable of popping up with an important goal !
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:23 pm

Sean » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:04 pm wrote:Firmino reminds me of Luis Garcia.  Gives the ball away alot but capable of popping up with an important goal !

Since the turn of the year with 7 goals and 4 assists he has been involved in more goals than any other player in the prem
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:04 pm

:D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Yep there was no way he could have controlled that ball it just hit him. Thought him and Lallana struggled today.
Eagle

Postby Raoul » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:00 am

Eagle » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:31 pm wrote:Yep there was no way he could have controlled that ball it just hit him. Thought him and Lallana struggled today.

In many ways they are similar players - skillful yet inconsistent, flitting in and out of games, or brilliant one game and then desperately poor the next. Yet one is scoring and assisting, one is not...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am

Lallana, Firmino and Benteke, 25 + 29 + 32 million pounds, 86 million quid on game changers, non of whom are up to it. Firmino is a support player at best.

Who is our driver, the heart of our team?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:16 am

To be fair Reg, if we had world class players playing up front Firmino would be a much better player that would feed off their confidence.

Much like players like Sterling, Henderson and Coutinho did when Suarez was here.

This little mini-run he is currently on, shows you that.

I don't think the same could be said for the likes of Origi (who is way too young) and Lallana / Benteke (who aren't good enough).
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:09 am

I think Firmino has shown that when he has some ability around him, he's obviously a lot more useful. Early in the season he had Benteke who was struggling and Coutinho. Coutinho went out injured, no Sturridge and Firmino was moved into that lone striker role which I don't believe suits his style of play very well. He's picked it up lately, especially with the return of Sturridge and Coutinho. He is still hit & miss, but I think he's much more consistent now than he was when he first came in. He's had some incredible games against top opponents as well, so we know he has the ability to be a really good player. If he continues to improve and pop in the goals and assists he has been, he'll be a starter week-in week out, regardless of who we have. 8 goals and 7 assists in his first PL season is really good, and we're only 75% of the way through. Even if he continued to be inconsistent, that sort of output from a player is not going to send them to the bench.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:51 am

ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:09 am wrote:He's had some incredible games against top opponents as well, so we know he has the ability to be a really good player. If he continues to improve and pop in the goals and assists he has been, he'll be a starter week-in week out, regardless of who we have. 8 goals and 7 assists in his first PL season is really good, and we're only 75% of the way through. Even if he continued to be inconsistent, that sort of output from a player is not going to send them to the bench.

Ok I got you, he's a Brazilian Terry MacDermot.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 am

ethanr » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 am wrote:I think Firmino has shown that when he has some ability around him, he's obviously a lot more useful. Early in the season he had Benteke who was struggling and Coutinho. Coutinho went out injured, no Sturridge and Firmino was moved into that lone striker role which I don't believe suits his style of play very well. He's picked it up lately, especially with the return of Sturridge and Coutinho. He is still hit & miss, but I think he's much more consistent now than he was when he first came in. He's had some incredible games against top opponents as well, so we know he has the ability to be a really good player. If he continues to improve and pop in the goals and assists he has been, he'll be a starter week-in week out, regardless of who we have. 8 goals and 7 assists in his first PL season is really good, and we're only 75% of the way through. Even if he continued to be inconsistent, that sort of output from a player is not going to send them to the bench.

Yep, well said.
This is Roberto's first season in this country and not only did he have to cope with the usual stuff like adapting to the pace of the league/learning a new language/adapting to a new culture etc he walked straight into a club where the man who signed him was fighting for his managerial life, indeed within 3 or 4 months of arriving that manager was gone which can't be easy for any player.
Since the turn of the year though no player in the Premiership including Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez or anyone else you care to mention has been involved in more goals than Roberto (and it's mid March btw not the end of January), he's been leading the scoring/assist charts now for nearly 3 months which is a third of a season.
Considering what he's had on his plate I think he's done fantastic.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:55 am

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion