Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu May 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Liverpool Under-18s are hoping to clinch their third FA Youth Cup in four years over the next week - and you can now buy tickets for the second leg at Anfield.
The young Reds travel to the Emirates to take on an impressive Arsenal side on Friday before hopefully lifting the trophy in front of the Kop next Tuesday.

You can cheer on the team from 7.45pm for just £7 (adults) or £3 (children).

Selling notice:

Tickets for the above fixture will be available in the Kop Grandstand, Main Stand and the Centenary Lower Stand.

Tickets purchased in advance:

Adults £7
Under 16 £3
Over 65s £3
Wheelchair £5
Visually Impaired £5

Tickets purchased on the day of the match:

Adults £10
Under 16 £5
Over 65s £5
Wheelchair £5
Visually Impaired £5

Adult/Child Combination tickets can be purchased at a maximum ratio of 1:6.

Selling arrangements:

Tickets are available from the Ticket Office, by postal application and on the credit card booking line 0844 844 0844 (overseas (0044) 870 220 2151). Tickets purchased on the credit card booking line will be subject to a 50p per ticket booking fee.

Adult tickets will be available to purchase online from our Online Sales Page. These will be subject to a booking fee of £1.50 per ticket.

It is recommended that supporters purchase tickets in advance of this fixture.

Ticket Office opening hours:

Monday-Friday: 8.15am-5.30pm
Saturday: 9.15am-1pm

NB: The Ticket Office will be open on Sunday 24 May but closed on Saturday 23 May and Monday 25 May. Telephone booking lines will open at 8.30am Monday-Friday, and during normal hours on Saturday. The Stanley Car Park will be open on the evening of the game with entry for supporters being on a strict first come, first served basis. Vehicles will, subject to availability be charged a fee of £3 upon entering the car park.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu May 21, 2009 2:37 pm

I think Pacheco is the most exciting reserve prospect ,but I like the look of Vincent Weijl ,and Bruna and I look forward to Nemeth returning to the form he showed last season, also San Jose looks more than competent at the back ,even the little I have seen from Vitor Flora has led me to believe he will enter into the equation.

As for the Academy Thomas Ince has really caught the eye ,as has the prowess of Dalle Vale in front of goal ..
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Vitor Flora has been the 2nd worst player I have seen in the reserves in the last two seasons.
JoeTerp

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu May 21, 2009 3:56 pm

No offence Joe ,but your not ideally situated to pass judgement ,I used to often take my lad to watch the reserve's ,so I will have to disagree .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:39 pm

With any luck I'll be able to catch the game streaming tonight....Anybody going to it ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Presumably it was stage fright.....Having watched the youths vs. Arsenal tonight, Jesus wept, the future is bleak....save for one German lad on our side.
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 pm

Bad result tonight. :(
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat May 23, 2009 4:08 pm

I always knew Adam Pepper was important to the U18s, but didn't realize how much until he got injured.  Steve Irwin has always said that he prefers to play in CM even though he is mostly deployed at RB, well he sure didn't show it last night. And he was missing at RB as well, so it was like we had two injuries. Wisdom is a CB, that had been playing at defensive midfield in the cup run, but he should have played CB and Kennedy should have sat on the bench because Arsenal were always going to give him problems. Ince did not play well, and probably should have been deployed deeper, and LDV should have been playing behind Eccleston, who started on the bench.

Also, the other centre half was playing with a thigh injury.

Not to mention the only top player Arsenal left out was Ramsey. Granted he would have been the best player on the pitch, and him with Wilshere would have been scary, we could have fielded a team with Pacheco, Palsson, Bruna, Weijl, and Saric, but they were all with the ressies in a tournament in Holland.

All of that said, we were lucky to only lose by 3, and Arsenal have a better youth team/system than we do, so what else is new. All that matters is if one or two lads on this team can contribute more to the 1st team than the lads on the other two recent cup wins, who were not all that individually talented but were very well organized and had all been together for a long time.
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Mon May 25, 2009 9:22 am

I think we all know how good some of the Arsenal kids are, I recognise some of their names from their Carling Cup run to the semis

Wilshere - eight 1st team apps
Frimpong - yet to make a 1st team appearance
Emmanuel Thomas - I think he's yet to make a 1st team appearance
Lansbury - 4 league cup apps
Coquelin - 1 league cup app

That's five I recognise, perhaps vindicating Wenger's approach to the league cup and demonstrating their young resources. The likes of Vela, Simpson, Wilshere, Merida, Ramsey, Gibbs, Song, Denilson etc Wilshere has played for Arsenal eight times, the side he played in won 6-0 against Sheff Utd and he's only been on the losing side twice - 0-2 away to Porto, 0-2 away to Burnley. We talk a lot, well Joe does, about our kids like Pacheco and Nemeth, don't seem them as close to the 1st team and there are opportunities
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:58 am

JoeTerp wrote:I always knew Adam Pepper was important to the U18s, but didn't realize how much until he got injured.  Steve Irwin has always said that he prefers to play in CM even though he is mostly deployed at RB, well he sure didn't show it last night. And he was missing at RB as well, so it was like we had two injuries. Wisdom is a CB, that had been playing at defensive midfield in the cup run, but he should have played CB and Kennedy should have sat on the bench because Arsenal were always going to give him problems. Ince did not play well, and probably should have been deployed deeper, and LDV should have been playing behind Eccleston, who started on the bench.

Also, the other centre half was playing with a thigh injury.

Not to mention the only top player Arsenal left out was Ramsey. Granted he would have been the best player on the pitch, and him with Wilshere would have been scary, we could have fielded a team with Pacheco, Palsson, Bruna, Weijl, and Saric, but they were all with the ressies in a tournament in Holland.

All of that said, we were lucky to only lose by 3, and Arsenal have a better youth team/system than we do, so what else is new. All that matters is if one or two lads on this team can contribute more to the 1st team than the lads on the other two recent cup wins, who were not all that individually talented but were very well organized and had all been together for a long time.

Mate, I'm presuming you watched the match just like I did, and the excuses don't wash. LDV was absolutely shocking. Many others too.
It's not good enough to state that :censored:-anal's youth setup is simply better. Even Hughie on the sideline just looked like he hadn't a bog what to do about it....
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Just out of morbid interest....anybody planning to watch the return leg tonight ?
I'd dearly love to see it, but right now it's competing with :
a) eating an apple,
b) contemplating my navel, and
c) talking to the missus....

Hmmmmmm...decisions, decisions.....
bunglemark2

Postby bigmick » Tue May 26, 2009 12:32 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Just out of morbid interest....anybody planning to watch the return leg tonight ?
a) eating an apple,

:D  :laugh: I think the apple shades it mate (or it probs would for me anyhow).
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue May 26, 2009 12:55 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Just out of morbid interest....anybody planning to watch the return leg tonight ?
a) eating an apple,

Would have gone tonight but i am playing in a charity match that wont be finished until about 9.

We were battered in the first game, the only player i thought that played well was the german left back buchtmann.

I like Irwin though and think he looks a cracking little player.

Arsenal were just too good on the night the other night.

Hopefully are youngsters can get some pride back later though.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 am

I must be a masochist, having subjected myself to watching the game last nite.
Still, I DID manage to get a pile of ironing done at the same time, so not all a waste of time :;):
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Wed May 27, 2009 1:46 pm

We got stuffed, but at least it was by an excellent youth side and in the final. Being second best to their lot is not much to be embarrassed by, youth is their speciality and their first team suffers for it - 14 points behind us.

Points Gaps Between Liverpool And Arsenal (88/89-08/09)

08/09 Liverpool +14
07/08 Arsenal +7
06/07 LEVEL
05/06 Liverpool +15
04/05 Arsenal +25
03/04 Arsenal +30
02/03 Arsenal +14
01/02 Arsenal +7
00/01 Arsenal +1
99/00 Arsenal +6
98/99 Arsenal +24
97/98 Arsenal +13
96/97 LEVEL
95/96 Liverpool +8
94/95 Liverpool +23
93/94 Arsenal +11
92/93 Liverpool +3
91/92 Arsenal +8
90/91 Arsenal +7
89/90 Liverpool +17
88/89 LEVEL

No wonder the mancs dominated the early 90s, we were rubbish and still better than Arsenal with the two of us being the main teams along with the bitters in the 80s up to the very early 90s. The bitters complain about not being able to enter the European Cup and blame that for their woes, well none of us were in Europe and yet some still managed to come through it as "big clubs", the ones that truly are big clubs. Form is temporary, class is permanent - funny how their success in the 80s spanned 3-4 years (short decade)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion