Reina i will leave if rafa goes.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red @ Heart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:22 pm

I hope this is just bollox, if any player wants to leave because rafa may go dont deserve to play here,,, no player is bigger than the club.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Red wrote:I hope this is just bollox, if any player wants to leave because rafa may go dont deserve to play here,,, no player is bigger than the club.

look at the way the club has been dragged down by the owners and all of its instability, as much as you loved or like the company or club you're with, for your own good and future would you stay?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:46 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:i dont blame reina
in fact, if gerrard were to join chelsea too, i wouldnt blame him either.
we're on the verge of greatness and there u have our owners messing things up and rafa i reckon has been really really strong and admirable for coping with it so far but should he decided to leave then its only natural. why bother when you're rafeal benitez and you're being courted by so many clubs? the blame should lie solely with the owners who have made a mess out of everything.

what do the owners do ON the pitch? :censored: all how can you blame the owners for dropping points at home to Wigan, Birmingham, Spurs and so on? Blame lies with manager and players on the pitch.

The owners can take blame for the stadium not being built, debt being brought on the club and anything else off the field but for the on-field antics they are blameless. Since we've started picking up results, players are coming out the statement "we're just concentrating on playing" well why the :censored: didn't they earlier? it's sod all to do with the owners that we're struggling. I suppose it's because Tom Hicks was at the ground as to why Riise scored an own goal against Chelsea as well eh?

It's another excuse that is total bollox. The owners do nothing on the pitch, so can't be blamed when results go bad.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:21 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
we're on the verge of greatness and there u have our owners messing things up and rafa i reckon has been really really strong and admirable for coping with it so far but should he decided to leave then its only natural. why bother when you're rafeal benitez and you're being courted by so many clubs? the blame should lie solely with the owners who have made a mess out of everything.

what do the owners do ON the pitch? :censored: all how can you blame the owners for dropping points at home to Wigan, Birmingham, Spurs and so on? Blame lies with manager and players on the pitch.

The owners can take blame for the stadium not being built, debt being brought on the club and anything else off the field but for the on-field antics they are blameless. Since we've started picking up results, players are coming out the statement "we're just concentrating on playing" well why the :censored: didn't they earlier? it's sod all to do with the owners that we're struggling. I suppose it's because Tom Hicks was at the ground as to why Riise scored an own goal against Chelsea as well eh?

It's another excuse that is total bollox. The owners do nothing on the pitch, so can't be blamed when results go bad.

Naive statement as per usual.

IF your boss was found to be looking for a replacement for you,

If your superiors couldn't decide on simple issues that affect your work and they were all bickering,

When you identified a tool that would be help you do your job better, that was inexpensive, and you were told no you can't have it,

If the company you worked for was up for sale, or not, or was, or not, or was, or not, or was.....

If responsibilites were taken away from you and handed to an incompetent,

If the company you worked for was put under the highest amount of debt in value and percentage in its history, IN ITS HISTORY,

Isn't it the slightest bit concievable that it would affect the quality of your work, that it may just have, even if only initially, made you unhappy, concerned, saddened and angry, and that it would be detrimental to you and your teams performance? Thinking otherwise would be a clear indication of an IQ in single digits.

What do the owners do on the pitch??...Well as you put great regard on the Anfield crowd assisting the players with their positivity (Which is true), the opposite also applies with the negativity of the boardroom madness. Neither do anything on the pitch, but can certainly affect it to a degree. Its not an excuse its FACT.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:49 am

redtrader74 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:

Naive statement as per usual.

IF your boss was found to be looking for a replacement for you,

If your superiors couldn't decide on simple issues that affect your work and they were all bickering,

When you identified a tool that would be help you do your job better, that was inexpensive, and you were told no you can't have it,

If the company you worked for was up for sale, or not, or was, or not, or was, or not, or was.....

If responsibilites were taken away from you and handed to an incompetent,

If the company you worked for was put under the highest amount of debt in value and percentage in its history, IN ITS HISTORY,

Isn't it the slightest bit concievable that it would affect the quality of your work, that it may just have, even if only initially, made you unhappy, concerned, saddened and angry, and that it would be detrimental to you and your teams performance? Thinking otherwise would be a clear indication of an IQ in single digits.

What do the owners do on the pitch??...Well as you put great regard on the Anfield crowd assisting the players with their positivity (Which is true), the opposite also applies with the negativity of the boardroom madness. Neither do anything on the pitch, but can certainly affect it to a degree. Its not an excuse its FACT.

couldnt have placed it better myself redtrader74  :bowdown
:D

anyway GBJH, that is ur opinion as a FAN. perhaps it would be very much different if ur an EMPLOYEE.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RedBlood » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:48 am

i have to agree with redtrader off the field antics have clearly had an effect on rafa, the players and the fans this season

its a shame because without this we might still be in the race for the title and with a shot at more then one cup competition, but that is just an educated guess noone really knows what would have happened without all this bu.llsh.it
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:16 pm

Pepe Reina has pleaded with boss Rafael Benitez not to rest him as he looks to maintain an impressive appearance record against Birmingham City on Saturday. 
The Reds stopper has played in every minute of Liverpool's Barclays Premier League fixtures so far this season and with the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Chelsea on the horizon, the Spaniard is well aware that the manager could be set to give key members of his side a breather at St Andrews.

But Reina insists he does not need a rest as he sets his sights on becoming the first Liverpool player since Jamie Carragher in 2004/05 to feature in all 38 fixtures of an entire league season.

"I want to play in every game and in every minute of every game – that is all there is to it," he declared.

"When you play for a big club like Liverpool you know that it won't always be easy to play all the time but I have been able to play in all of our league games this season and I want that to continue.

"As a player, you always want to play. I know the manager will probably make changes at Birmingham like he did at Fulham last week but I am hoping I will not be one of them.

""I can rest in the summer. Now I just want to play."

The Reds go into the clash with Birmingham City knowing that a win would completely guarantee a top four finish and Reina insists whatever the Liverpool team picked to face Alex McLeish's men, they should be good enough to get a positive result.

"Birmingham are fighting to stay up, so it will be a very important game for them," he said.

"But it is also a key game for us because it is our opportunity to guarantee fourth place in the league.

"It will be a different team for us because we have Chelsea coming up again but we know that the players who will be involved will be good enough.

"Whoever plays will be right for the team."

Just four days after the Reds' visit to St Andrews they will face Chelsea in a Champions League clash that could go some way to defining our season.

The tie is keenly poised following the 1-1 draw at Anfield on Tuesday night and while Reina admits it was a blow to concede an away goal so late in the game, he is optimistic the Reds could still secure a place in next month's final in Moscow.

"It was very disappointing to concede a goal in the way we did because we did not deserve that," he said.

"We played really well on the night and the game was comfortable for us.

"We were the better team than them but at the end what counts is the result and with it being one goal each we are now the underdogs and they are the favourites.

"But there is still 90 minutes to play and we certainly don't think the tie is over."

For some, tomorrow's match at Birmingham could be seen as an unwanted distraction in between the crucial last four clash with Avram Grant's men - but not Reina.

The Spain international believes the match with the relegation threatened Blues could be the perfect way to bounce back after the disappointment of Tuesday's first leg and wants his teammates to regain their focus and learn from the experience.

"You don't want to dwell on what happened then because it is gone and there is nothing you can do about it now," he said.

"We can learn from it and we can try to make sure it does not happen again because that is what you have to do when things go against you but the best thing is just to get it out of your system by playing games.

"That is why it is good that we now have to play Birmingham in the league and we can use this game to try and get what happened the other night out of our system."
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:35 pm

At the end of the day I dont think Rafa is going anywhere. He is already talking about players to sign for next season so then Reina shouldnt be going anywhere either. It is sad if true that Reina would base his work choices on his where Rafa goes but some people are just like that. Im sure there are others in our squad who may feel the same but they just havent said it out loud yet.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:03 pm

sorry but those who try and pin the blame on the owners are completely wrong. Over the past 15 games or so when these antics have been going on yet results have picked up, players and manager alike have been coming out with statements such as "we're just concentrating on playing" so obviously if they're concentrating then the off the field antics aren't having an affect yet when results were going bad it's all down to the owners. I'm not having that.

Also here's one simple method that would keep Benitez and anybody else their job. Succeed. If Benitez won then the owners wouldn't dare sack him. If the players who obviously care for Benitez so much, they'd ensure they won so the owners couldn't sack Benitez. Off the field antics (however bad they've been) aren't to blame for that bad string of results from Reading until Inter. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I don't feel the yanks can be blamed for what happens on the pitch. If they are to blame, then are they the reason for when we win? I highly doubt anybody would give them any credit for when we win but near enough everybody blames them for when we lose.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Good point but that doesn’t mean they are completley blameless for the current state of things.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:54 pm

bav I'm not saying there blameless from "the current state of things". They're running this club (supposedly) so for me it's down to them what happens off the pitch. It's up to them to provide money, a new stadium and so on. But they don't run what goes on the pitch. That's Benitez' job but even he can only run it so far so can only take so much blame, the players also need to stand up and be counted.

But blaming the yanks for the on pitch problems is like saying "it's all down to Carragher why we haven't got a new stadium". Blame the yanks for everything that's been messed around off the field. But blame lies with players and manager for the on the field problems.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:51 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:bav I'm not saying there blameless from "the current state of things". They're running this club (supposedly) so for me it's down to them what happens off the pitch. It's up to them to provide money, a new stadium and so on. But they don't run what goes on the pitch. That's Benitez' job but even he can only run it so far so can only take so much blame, the players also need to stand up and be counted.

But blaming the yanks for the on pitch problems is like saying "it's all down to Carragher why we haven't got a new stadium". Blame the yanks for everything that's been messed around off the field. But blame lies with players and manager for the on the field problems.

try working in a company where stability doesnt exist, you're reading a different rumor every other day, owners at loggerheads and you're unsure if this is best for your future. It will and im sure it does affect the players. even if we were to win the ECL again, there will always be a sour taste in our mouths as all the drama that has been goin on is almost unforgivable. this has never been the liverpool way. its like a fecking soap opera and all sorts of politics.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:03 pm

when we win the european cup in moscow they'll be no sour taste in my mouth because we'd of just won the european cup again.

i'm well aware it's not the liverpool way, i'm well aware that it isn't likely to be forgotten any time soon and i'm well aware that the political side of our club has been making the back pages alot more than the football side of the club. but that still doesn't excuse bad results. if playing or coaching staff thought what was happening at the club was bad for them, would they still be here? I doubt it. A player would refuse to play and a staff member can simply resign. So the playing and coaching staff obviously don't feel it's to harmful towards them. Also, isn't it likely to be affecting the players right now during a good run of results? If by some miracle we go out to Chelsea this wednesday, no doubt people will lay blame on the owners again.

Truth is the owners are not to blame when things on the pitch go badly.

If they are as some believe, then lets start blaming Carragher for us not having the new stadium yet shall we? Because obviously if an owner can be blamed for what's happening on the pitch then a player can be blamed for us not having a new stadium. Is that the way it works? Also how would you feel running a buisness if your employess weren't doing their job, wouldn't you feel the need to shake things up a little? (obviously this paragraph is very much tongue in cheek, thought i'd explain that because some won't get that it is)
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:36 am

i still think reina has gone about showing faith in Benitez the wrong way.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:40 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:if playing or coaching staff thought what was happening at the club was bad for them, would they still be here?

they are here, as reina has stated, because of benitez. and i know how it feels cause i had been put through the same situation before.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion