Reina i will leave if rafa goes.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:32 am

Maybe this could be good, like finding a way to make Kuyt great by playing him in a new role, we could find a use for Crouch - as goalkeeper..............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:47 am

Owzat wrote:I'm not going to lose sleep if Reina leaves, certainly a number of our spaniards are not irreplacable with the obvious exception of Torres. If these players are playing for Rafa and not for Liverpool then they are free to go in my opinion, they should play for the club not the manager. There was talk when Josie left that there would be a mass exodus, well that would have shown no loyalty to the club or team mates. And of course it has yet to happen.

Reina has been vulnerable enough that his presence is not vital, if he and one or two others left and a manager came in a la Grant to take over the existing squad then I reckon man2man marking and a few key signings and we could be challenging - Reina isn't key to that success.

Players do not play exclusively for the Club, unless ofcourse they are lifelong fans and local and even then its a combination of playing for the fans, each other, themselves and the manager. For example did Torres, Reina, Mascherano etc. etc. come to play for Liverpool, or for Rafa Benitez Liverpool manager? Players may love the Club, but if the dynamic is disturbed, manager leaving, best players leaving (If SG left), then its human nature that the unsettling effect may result in some players wanting to leave.

Pepe's been nothing but honest, he respects the manager, believes in his ability and would find it hard to imagine being at Liverpool without Rafa as manager.

IMO Reina is key to our success, he is an top class keeper, his agility, penalty saving and distribution is second to none (he must have 4-5 assists this season, or at least the pass before the assist!), yeah he's looked suspect on crosses SOMETIMES, but as yet i've never seen a perfect player.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:49 am

I wouldn't read too much into this really. Most players are always gonna show their loyalty to the current manager in public and this Reina interview is no different.
It's fair play to him for being honest if these are his words in full, but unless a manager comes in that either doesn't want or rate him or things start to go down the sh!tter then it will be the club that decides when the player leaves whilst he has a contract.

Storm in a teacup!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:00 pm

woof woof ! wrote:True false or exagerrated , does it surprise me ? no, does it bother me ? no .

It's a pound to a penny that ALL our Spanish players will eventually leave LFC , most likely to return to Spain and who can blame them ? Rafa's departure would naturally speed up the process .

When you read articles about their home life here in England it seems clear that for them it's less than fulfilling. Primarily they're here to do a job, I'm sure they love the LFC experience and it will probably prove to be the highpoint of their respective careers , but I certainly wouldn't blame them if the loss of their countryman and mentor prompted them to think about leaving, and in a way I find the honesty is fairly refreshing.

Spot on woof
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:47 pm

If he actually did say that, then I doubt it's because he puts Rafa in front of the club or the fans, he would of said it because it would make it highly likely Rafa wont leave.
Seano Kop

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:03 pm

It is bu!!sh!t and if you believe it then you are a spa.

The first sentance had the word "may" in it for starters. Remember Cisse saying that if GH got sacked then he mightn't come here, it is just a way players show support (or suck up) to a manager. Once a manager is gone the players praise the new guy - "The king is dead, long live the king" sums it up.

footballers are selfish and look out for themselves (as we all do) not for the manager who is looking out for himself.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:07 pm

bye bye Reina, this club is bigger than any player or manager and threats from players should not be tolerated.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:45 pm

lakes10 wrote:bye bye Reina, this club is bigger than any player or manager and threats from players should not be tolerated.

You just dont get it do you soft lad ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:47 pm

i think what people are saying is that IF that has been said tby any player, then wed rather have people who play because of the club, not solely because of the manager
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Apart from Liverpool fans then players will play for the manager and I assume that the foreign lot werer not boyhood Liverpool fans.

As Woof says Im sure that they are loving the Liverpool experience and will probably remain fans for the rest of their lives but they are here primarily because Benteaz sold them on his vision for the club.

The fact remains that it is Benitez who is seen as the man that has made Liverpool into a CL force again, even if the Benitez detractors disagree with this statement it doesnt really matter as the players to a man seem to believe this. 

Now if he leaves especially to a club with money who take advantage of the boardroom situation in Liverpool then its logical to expect player unrest
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MR C » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:06 pm

anybody who hates being at the club that much that they need a reason in rafa to stay there,can go now as far as i'm concerned.all that "you'll never walk alone" wasted on a bunch of losers,who can go back to being the nobodies they were before they came.
MR C

Postby MR C » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:15 pm

taff wrote:Apart from Liverpool fans then players will play for the manager and I assume that the foreign lot werer not boyhood Liverpool fans.

the thing is most of our home grown players over the last 10 years were also not boyhood liverpool fans.

people like owen,caragher,mcmanaman and fowler are not boyhood liverpool fans,they are everton fans.

only gerard is a boyhood liverpool fan,which is why he probably 30 times better than the above.

it is odd though how these great players chose everton and not us as a child.
MR C

Postby taff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:15 pm

:laugh:

Nobodies that stated their respect for Benitez being a reason to join the club
Torres
Mascherano
Alonso
Reina

If anybody knows of anymore nobodies like this then please contact Liverpool FC, Anfield, Liverpool Im sure the scouts will be grateful
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:30 pm

MR C wrote:anybody who hates being at the club that much that they need a reason in rafa to stay there,can go now as far as i'm concerned.all that "you'll never walk alone" wasted on a bunch of losers,who can go back to being the nobodies they were before they came.

Idiot.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:35 pm

lakes10 wrote:bye bye Reina, this club is bigger than any player or manager and threats from players should not be tolerated.

Are you serious?

Its a show of support from a player.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion