For all of those that moan about rafael benitez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:10 pm

stmichael wrote:winning two la ligas and the uefa cup obviously counts for nothing then.

Not only, that Rafa won la primera with Valencia in his first season there.....Valencia's first Liga title in 31 years....amazing....

Plus Benitez had NO real support from the Valencia board....Not forgetting to mention his Valencia team was by no means full of world beaters....
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:25 pm

stmichael wrote:some people's intelligence, or lack of it, is beyond belief.

a certain member (who also calls himself a fan) wants benitez out because he is "unproven". winning two la ligas and the uefa cup obviously counts for nothing then.

two words. ARSENE WENGER

oh yes of course, winning the Spanish league twice in 3 seasons don't necessary mean thay will do well in English league. Who cares about winning their Mickey Mouse league, and taking a well-organised team and beat the sh1t out of a couple of big spenders...well, must be lucky! We can do better with a Scottish League champions manager as he is "proven", or even one of the manager from a midtable teams as they are English (but with almost zero European experience). Of course qualifying for the Champions League is paramount but having a manager with vast European experience is not. I am sure the likes of Luxemburgo and Carpello will be baffle by the tactics to be employed by Curbishly & Alledyce, so Rafa should go to the nearest job centre. Anyone who disagree with me can go fry their ar*se!  :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:41 pm

liamac wrote:Wonder if Roberts is reading this ?? and Lakes? :blues:

Get Bent :D
82-1074641017

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:04 pm

Benitez's reputation is superb in Spain.

Did Alonso and Morientes want to play for Liverpool? Of course they did but would they have really have wanted to play for a manager they didn't rate or trust? Would they have been as desperate to play for Alan Curbishley? These players had other options than to come here, and playing for Benitez was cited as a big part of their decision to relocate to Merseyside. :)
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:05 pm

as per usual
the thread is disintegrating into the the "Great Frying Pan - Where All ****** Are Fried"
SouthernScouser

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:34 pm

SouthernScouser wrote:as per usual
the thread is disintegrating into the the "Great Frying Pan - Where All ****** Are Fried"

No not really, just seems everytime someone mentions Rafa Benitez my name somehow gets dragged into it ???
82-1074641017

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:35 pm

stmichael wrote:some people's intelligence, or lack of it, is beyond belief.

a certain member (who also calls himself a fan) wants benitez out because he is "unproven". winning two la ligas and the uefa cup obviously counts for nothing then.

two words. ARSENE WENGER

I dont mean to disrespect Benitez but he cant be compared with Arsene Wenger.
In Wengers first season they improved on the League Position and a year later they won the League and Cup Double, without sounding negative I cant see Liverpool doing that next season.
82-1074641017

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:36 pm

hello roberts benitez :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:37 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:hello roberts benitez :D

:D
82-1074641017

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:52 pm

whats the team for the weekend senor roberts?? :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:06 pm

Here in Spain Rafa has won the country confidence and this has not been easy for him..at the beginning he had a jynx reputation due to the fact that his first teams were always atlow positions on the table but, to tell the truth they were poor teams. Then , when he got in charge of Valencia he was about to be fired out and with the audience strongly against him during almost a whole season...but, the preesident kept confident and look what he did with Valencia (not one of the biggest historically here)...it was a team without stars but u were delighted seen it play...they played (by heart), it was clearly a coach-team...none of its players could be highlighted but the team was the most ordered ever. I myself criticized Rafa a lot in the past but now I have to recognize hes a great manager (of course much better than that sh1t of Mourinho...who the hell does he think he is??here he was just the translator of Robson and everybody laughs at his role and now hes continuosly swaggering...grrrr)
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:08 pm

Huck wrote:Here in Spain Rafa has won the country confidence and this has not been easy for him..at the beginning he had a jynx reputation due to the fact that his first teams were always atlow positions on the table but, to tell the truth they were poor teams. Then , when he got in charge of Valencia he was about to be fired out and with the audience strongly against him during almost a whole season...but, the preesident kept confident and look what he did with Valencia (not one of the biggest historically here)...it was a team without stars but u were delighted seen it play...they played (by heart), it was clearly a coach-team...none of its players could be highlighted but the team was the most ordered ever. I myself criticized Rafa a lot in the past but now I have to recognize hes a great manager (of course much better than that sh1t of Mourinho...who the hell does he think he is??here he was just the translator of Robson and everybody laughs at his role and now hes continuosly swaggering...grrrr)

what a post. anyone hear violins playing :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Huck » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:11 pm

hey...he is not my kind of man...our relationship cant go further i think :D
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:16 pm

Roberts wrote:In Wengers first season they improved on the League Position and a year later they won the League and Cup Double, without sounding negative I cant see Liverpool doing that next season.

A ha! But we might do though! :p
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:26 pm

Fantastic post, well put.:)

:p
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion