Rafa, in the present climate.... - His job is impossible.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:42 pm

skatesy wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that Rafa's future at LFC is dangling by a thread.  :(

Based on what? Based on the fact that Liverpool has struggled a little bit in the past three weeks? That there have been a couple unfavoured results?

And if you are basing it on that, do you think that the struggle would warrant a sacking despite ALL of the things that Rafa has done for the club?

I am thinking that you are coming to this conclusion based on the media frenzy that is creating this "Rafa is going to get sacked buzz". There were people on here going nuts and eating every journalist's words about Jurgen Klinsmann coming to Liverpool FC. When he outrightly said that he never even spoke to anyone at Liverpool FC what did all these people say who were originally all over the Klinsmann rumour? Nothing. They just went onto the next rumour.

I'm not basing my "belief" on three weeks of poor performance or "media frenzy" . However, as I stated , more and more people with far greater contacts within the game than you or I or indeed others in this forum are increasingly voicing their doubt that Rafa will be with us next season. Allied to this , despite all the "speculation" none of the powers that be have exactley rushed to contadict it. In addition should the Americans sell the club it's not inconceivable that the new owners would want to install their own choice of manager, it's also conceivable that they'd stick with Rafa.

My belief , given all the smoke, is that there's a fire somewhere and it's Rafa who's in serious danger of getting burnt.

Four years and millions and millions of pounds investment since his appointment and apart from one spectacular CL win with an inherited team Rafa's subsequent achievements and efforts at rebuilding at LFC are being  re-assessed.

Not saying he should go, just based on the signals I'm reading and hearing, I think he will.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:57 pm

I think its just a case of if not when now, I think the players are resigned to the fact he is going whether it be this month, next month or May.

I also think he has resigned himself to the fact that he will not be incharge next season.

To many things have happened now and most of it in the public eye.

The new owners and Parry are quick enough to come out and deny they are not selling on but the silence over Rafa is deafening almost like they are forcing him into a corner to resign or be sacked.

Last season when Real and Bayern wanted Rafa they where quick enough to come out and say Rafa's not going nowhere however this season they havent said it.

More worrying is that even though Jurgan denied being approached by Liverpool, the Yanks nor Parry havent denied anything.

As I said before I think its just a new investor scenario we are in now new owners new manager like all new investors have done a other clubs Man United apart.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
skatesy wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that Rafa's future at LFC is dangling by a thread.  :(

Based on what? Based on the fact that Liverpool has struggled a little bit in the past three weeks? That there have been a couple unfavoured results?

And if you are basing it on that, do you think that the struggle would warrant a sacking despite ALL of the things that Rafa has done for the club?

I am thinking that you are coming to this conclusion based on the media frenzy that is creating this "Rafa is going to get sacked buzz". There were people on here going nuts and eating every journalist's words about Jurgen Klinsmann coming to Liverpool FC. When he outrightly said that he never even spoke to anyone at Liverpool FC what did all these people say who were originally all over the Klinsmann rumour? Nothing. They just went onto the next rumour.

I'm not basing my "belief" on three weeks of poor performance or "media frenzy" . However, as I stated , more and more people with far greater contacts within the game than you or I or indeed others in this forum are increasingly voicing their doubt that Rafa will be with us next season. Allied to this , despite all the "speculation" none of the powers that be have exactley rushed to contadict it. In addition should the Americans sell the club it's not inconceivable that the new owners would want to install their own choice of manager, it's also conceivable that they'd stick with Rafa.

My belief , given all the smoke, is that there's a fire somewhere and it's Rafa who's in serious danger of getting burnt.

Four years and millions and millions of pounds investment since his appointment and apart from one spectacular CL win with an inherited team Rafa's subsequent achievements and efforts at rebuilding at LFC are being  re-assessed.

Not saying he should go, just based on the signals I'm reading and hearing, I think he will.

yes when you see that longer he has been with the team moulding his players in the worse the team has got this imho does not surport he place as a top manager only makes him look like he has been a bad investment.

All that aside i still think he is a top cup manager and he will always find it hard in the prem now if liverpool was a cup club which we all know we are not (we love winning the league and thats is our top ambition) this manager would be perfect. But we are not and i cant see him being here next season , I will eat my hat if this is not the case.

I personaly feel very sorry for rafa just the fact he has had such a hard time of late with press , but i do feel at best of times he does him self no favors with his stupid responses to the press and off the record comments which only make liverpool look more of a joke then is all ready trying to be established.

I hope this can all end with both parties winning but in long term i think only thing that will be damaged will be liverpool football club and this is most important thing to me.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
skatesy wrote:

It's starting to smell like that yes.

The worrying thing is not that Rafa leaves, the worrying thing is that the board seems to be vulnerable to the attacks the media launches.

If another manager comes -- and there are a few who're good -- and the club is left alone by this attacks, then I wouldn't be worried. But I'm afraid that those attacks won't end. As soon as a new manager comes, say Mr. X, the journos will write a lot of stories about the Spanish contingent leaving, even if it's not true. And once the contingent was gone, they wouldn't stop, they'd link Gerrard to Chelsea again, based on reports that suggest that Gerrard needs to be surrounded by more quality players.

The problem as I say is not Rafa leaves, but having a board that takes decission depending the surrounding atmosphere and not opinions of men of football that are inside the club. THe day Liverpool starts behaving like Real Madrid, who basically takes decission depending on the media, that will be a sad day.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Let's be honest , Rafa got 20mill to buy Torres , expectations were high , all Rafa had to do was keep his gob shut (in public at least) and get on with the job. If some of us fans are disappointed with the way things have panned out, how the f'uck do you think those two yanks are feeling ? They gave Rafa £20 mill + for a striker and a few months late he's publicly questioning their understanding of the transfer market. Not saying Rafa was wrong in his opinion but to express it publicly smacks of biting the hand that feeds you.

I know if I were in Hicks or Gillettes shoes , right now Rafa wouldn't be my flavour of the month.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:55 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
s@int wrote:Not to worry  Mick, I come bearing rumours. DIC are back in with a bid to take over from the two losers.
Whether it will be in time to save our season or not is another matter.Link to takeover

Maybe if they take over, Rafa will be given a war chest, a statement of support and the best present of all Parry gets to take the bullet instead. I can dream can't I ?

This is some thing those around DIC built if they was to buy the club i think money wouldnt ever be a problem with them but i also but think the club wouldn't be run like monkey factory like chavski.

Another project by the guy he has some wealth and this is one of largests hotels in world.

WE can dream and i think it might not be as long shot as we think this guy loves our club and has the money to put us back on track.

YNWA....  :bowdown

My cousins live near that hotel .  :D Its supposed to be pukka

14k -22k a night it should be lmao !!!!

they are about to spend 50 mil, in Thurrock to build a new port.

we hate the fact that theyare going to do this, as i said i live 1 mile from where they are going to do this.
they are a part of DP World
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:57 pm

The whole thing smells like Jol and Spurs, rumours spreading like wildfire that Ramos was being lined up, Jol unaware of it like someone having an affair your always the last one to know.

He got the sack at half time during a game, same as fat sam last one to know finished the training session, got told he was getting sacked he said well I better go and find out then.
And he was sacked within half an hour.

Same with Mourhino sacked just like that.

Alan Pardue another sacked when Magnussen took over at West Ham.

Aston Villa O'leary sacked after Learner took over.

Anyone see a trend following here?

These clubs that have been taken over the managers sacked.

So its hard for us now to think that it wont happen here.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Ciggy wrote:More worrying is that even though Jurgan denied being approached by Liverpool, the Yanks nor Parry havent denied anything.

Ciggs, Bayern have come out and said that Liverpool is approach Klinsmann:

"There was a detailed proposal made to Jurgen by Liverpool, just waiting for his signature."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Paul C wrote:
Ciggy wrote:More worrying is that even though Jurgan denied being approached by Liverpool, the Yanks nor Parry havent denied anything.

Ciggs, Bayern have come out and said that Liverpool is approach Klinsmann:

"There was a detailed proposal made to Jurgen by Liverpool, just waiting for his signature."

Klinnsman spoke on German telly the other night and said he was not contacted by Liverpool or any other English clubs, I am 99% certain had he been contacted by G & H he would have taken the job.

Saying that we asked Mourhino to be our manager the same night he won the CL with Porto.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Jose is coming to Liverpool.

He decided that there's no way he could beat us in the Champions League, so he may as well join us.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:41 pm

And for those of you who are wanting Mourhino to come in just imagine how much that would hurt Rafa, say what you want about him those who dislike his tactics but he would be heart broken should his biggest enemy in football take his job at a club that he trully loves.

Surely the man doesnt deserve that?

Maybe I am just a sentimental old fool.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:And for those of you who are wanting Mourhino to come in just imagine how much that would hurt Rafa, say what you want about him those who dislike his tactics but he would be heart broken should his biggest enemy in football take his job at a club that he trully loves.

Surely the man doesnt deserve that?

Maybe I am just a sentimental old fool.

Its a good job cigg theres some of us who do still care about Rafa girl i said before i will still follow and love my team but not a chance of me accepting Mourinio
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:49 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Its a good job cigg theres some of us who do still care about Rafa girl i said before i will still follow and love my team but not a chance of me accepting Mourinio

Too right girl if the yanks think Rafa's a bit of a pain in the media they wont know whats hit them with that arrogant b@stard.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:49 pm

I would accept anyone who could bring the title back to Anfield!!!
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby inglis5 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:53 pm

If the stories in the paper today I true I think it will all go one of two ways...

G&H stay - Rafa goes
G&H go / DIC come in - Rafa stays (for the time being...)

If Sameer Al Ansari is such a big Liverpool fan surely he understands that this season Rafa has been been seriously undermined (despite him personally not really helping the situation admittedly), that he has not been given the budget to compete at the highest level and that he deserves a chance with a bigger transfer fund.
inglis5

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion