Rafa, in the present climate.... - His job is impossible.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:51 am

its a disgrace the way parry and the new owners have treated Rafa these last few months, they have left him to the mercy of the press and done little or nothing to help the situation, Rafa is no saint and has brought some of it on himself but the guy is the manager and whilst he is the manager the clubs owners and chief exec should be backing him not leave him to be pecked by the vultures. i hope im wrong but i think at this moment in time the players think he`s gone come the end of the season
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 am

Sabre wrote:
s@int wrote:£75 million each for doing not much of anything seems a little excessive to me. We should have made a newkit bid.

Bigmick could have been the figurehead
peewee and lfc 2007 the legal brains
Emerald could have drawn a great pic of a new stadium that we would never build.
Badbob and Metalhead the foreign investors
Leon and Lando the muscle
Wooly could have got us a loan
And the rest of us could have all thrown in a tenner each for expenses.

:D

For the Spaniards always the waiter job, eh?  :no

:D

You can be our computer wizz kid Sabre, at least with you the e-mails might actually get to were they are supposed to mate.

make that 3 whiskeys ,2 rum and cokes and 12 pints  :D

I had you and Bamaga down for the PR roles Nanny, you would charm them while Bamaga writes all the literary masterpieces. Maybe we could have Bamaga popping the question in front of the kop as well  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:54 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
These  have tarnished our great name and made us a laughing stock it surly cant go on much longer.

How? What have they done that is so bad, and bearing in mind, no media quotations allowed ! If its with regards to what is happening on the pitch, then they cannot be faulted for that.

Kharhaz mate im shaking my head in disbelief at that comment

Money weres the money

New stadium built as soon as to rival the best there is !

No dept ! im cracking up here

Until these to came along you only ever read about us for footballing reasons now its a different story every day dont you think the uncertaincy is affecting whats happenin on the pitch cause i do

And you say theve done nothing wrong

So everything is Rafas fault

Who says there is no money?

The stadium is going to take a few years to be built, whatever is being said now it will be built. What your feelings and many are based on are the opinions of journalists. Have Gillett and Hicks come and said "we are skint, the new stadiums a no go, and sorry no money for transfers". No, they havent. So is my statement really as unbelievable? In the future I may be proved wrong, I may also be proved right but at this minute nothing is concrete. All I know is we needed a defender and the money was available to buy our new record signing defender.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:58 am

Kharhaz wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
These  have tarnished our great name and made us a laughing stock it surly cant go on much longer.

How? What have they done that is so bad, and bearing in mind, no media quotations allowed ! If its with regards to what is happening on the pitch, then they cannot be faulted for that.

Kharhaz mate im shaking my head in disbelief at that comment

Money weres the money

New stadium built as soon as to rival the best there is !

No dept ! im cracking up here

Until these to came along you only ever read about us for footballing reasons now its a different story every day dont you think the uncertaincy is affecting whats happenin on the pitch cause i do

And you say theve done nothing wrong

So everything is Rafas fault

Who says there is no money?

The stadium is going to take a few years to be built, whatever is being said now it will be built. What your feelings and many are based on are the opinions of journalists. Have Gillett and Hicks come and said "we are skint, the new stadiums a no go, and sorry no money for transfers". No, they havent. So is my statement really as unbelievable? In the future I may be proved wrong, I may also be proved right but at this minute nothing is concrete. All I know is we needed a defender and the money was available to buy our new record signing defender.

so weres the money for masher i said in another thread it will be a miscarraige of justice if he is not signed the clocks ticking
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:01 am

I get the feeling that what happens with a Sissoko deal is key to keeping Mascher. Not that theres no money but the amount of midfielders at the club may have the owners concerned that they are paying for players that are not needed.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:44 am

This all is a bad situation.

The media has created 95% of the opinions that are being displayed on here. The media has created all of this frenzy - and, they have done so to make sure that we keep buying into the :censored: that they have created. We all really need to come back down to earth for a moment and consider the things that we are thinking and saying here and really challenge whether you seriously believe they are based on fact (from the horses mouth) or whether they are based on chewed up rumours that have been passed along through the media throughout the past 2 months.

I know all of this makes for good conversation but it has really gotten out of hand.
skatesy

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:17 am

2. He'd turn around and say, "these players are playing for a place in the squad next season. If things don't improve, heads will roll". Why doesn't he do that? well obviously because the players will no doubt think if anyone's head is going to roll, it won't be theirs it'll be the managers. How can he possibly be expected to motivate players if they're of the opinion that they are just marking time until the new bloke comes in

Exactly, what must the Newcastle players think ?

Seriously, one of them has to go, Rafa or the Yanks, I know who I'd prefer. This situation has had a knock on effect right through the club and onto the pitch it appears.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:27 am

If I had the money :D

I'd do wonders for this club.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:53 am

I know all the behind the scenes stuff is getting to the team and to Rafa, but why arnt the players playing out their skins and fighting to keep Rafa in a job ?

I would if I didnt want my boss to leave it should be backs against the wall job and come out fighting.

We havent seen that from the lads since the Marseille game.

I hope that article what Saint posted is true and DIC take over us, them to clowns across the pond couldnt run a bath never mind one of the biggest clubs in the world.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 am

Ciggy wrote:I know all the behind the scenes stuff is getting to the team and to Rafa, but why arnt the players playing out their skins and fighting to keep Rafa in a job ?

I would if I didnt want my boss to leave it should be backs against the wall job and come out fighting.

I hope that article what Saint posted is true and DIC take over us, them to clowns across the pond couldnt run a bath never mind one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I was actually thinking the same thing.
66-1112520797

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:26 am

s@int wrote:Not to worry  Mick, I come bearing rumours. DIC are back in with a bid to take over from the two losers.
Whether it will be in time to save our season or not is another matter.Link to takeover

Maybe if they take over, Rafa will be given a war chest, a statement of support and the best present of all Parry gets to take the bullet instead. I can dream can't I ?

the thing is if the takeover happens they will be owend by the same company that runs Dubai ports (they are about to build one of the worlds biggest ports 1 mile from my house)

the whole set up of Dubai ports and Dubai inv is very poor, they have not been the same since the Americans turned them down from building a port in the U.S.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:37 am

sky sports news are saying that José Mourinho is asking to be manager of Liverpool fc, it seems its only a news paper report, they put it up onthe screen just after the takeover newspaper cutting.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:12 pm

Ciggy wrote:I know all the behind the scenes stuff is getting to the team and to Rafa, but why arnt the players playing out their skins and fighting to keep Rafa in a job ?

Spot on

A few of them dont seem interested at the mo and they should be ashamed of themselves to pull that red shirt on.

Weve always been in the papers and on the news for footballing reasons wether good or bad but now its turning into a circus no one is discussing the football aspect anymore its all about these to yanks and finance it breaks my :censored: heart.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:14 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Weve always been in the papers and on the news for footballing reasons wether good or bad but now its turning into a circus no one is discussing the football aspect anymore its all about these to yanks and finance it breaks my :censored: heart.

It gets worst Nanny Pennants dad is on the front of the NOTW injecting smack, then injecting two prossies, hes a feckin disgrace, so is that rag.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Weve always been in the papers and on the news for footballing reasons wether good or bad but now its turning into a circus no one is discussing the football aspect anymore its all about these to yanks and finance it breaks my :censored: heart.

It gets worst Nanny Pennants dad is on the front of the NOTW injecting smack, then injecting two prossies, hes a feckin disgrace, so is that rag.

Here is the link to the article..

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/1301_pennant.shtml

And there is Jermaine's picture in the background while he is smoking the rock.
skatesy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion