Rafa, in the present climate.... - His job is impossible.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Ciggy wrote:And for those of you who are wanting Mourhino to come in just imagine how much that would hurt Rafa, say what you want about him those who dislike his tactics but he would be heart broken should his biggest enemy in football take his job at a club that he trully loves.

Surely the man doesnt deserve that?

Maybe I am just a sentimental old fool.

Business is business.

Just think of that sparkling silver Premiership trophy with a big gold crown on it.

Yes, it's a hideous trophy.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Someone should have a word with Frankie Norton he rides there horses sometimes pull the carpet out from under these yanks :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
Ciggy wrote:And for those of you who are wanting Mourhino to come in just imagine how much that would hurt Rafa, say what you want about him those who dislike his tactics but he would be heart broken should his biggest enemy in football take his job at a club that he trully loves.

Surely the man doesnt deserve that?

Maybe I am just a sentimental old fool.

Business is business.

Just think of that sparkling silver Premiership trophy with a big gold crown on it.

Yes, it's a hideous trophy.

seen it 18 times :D
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:19 pm

What makes me laugh is that certain fans who start topics like this, and have knee jerk reactions when we get rubbish results, they all of a sudden start analysing Rafa, the team, Gillette + Hicks etc, the whole god damn show

That was a mighty piece, but regardless of what climate Rafa is working in, players up for the challenge, or what have you, the simple issue and solution to this problem is this:

We have players who are not good enough to win the league. It's just about quality. I think Rafa has got a core of players who are outstanding: Reina, Carra, Finnan, Gerrard,babel, ALonso, and Torres.
The rest are just not good enough.

When Mourhinio came to Chelsea, he won two league titles on the trot. Reason? he had quality all over the park. and with quality comes consistency.

What is annoying about Rafa, is that he thinks rotation is ok, and cannot see the problem. trouble is, the players replacing other players are not neccesarily of the same ability.

We need Kaka, Ronaldhino, or similar calibre. players who perform consistently, and can open teams up.

up and coming players, just forget it. we need to break the bank.

Its so simple, it slaps you in the face like a kipper.
Torres 2007

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:35 pm

Torres 2007 wrote:up and coming players, just forget it. we need to break the bank.

Right you are.

So where's the money coming from?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:00 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:up and coming players, just forget it. we need to break the bank.

Right you are.

So where's the money coming from?

Offload the dross, crouch, voronin, kewell, sissoko, kuyt, riise, and so forth, then ask the big boss.
Torres 2007

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:54 pm

Torres 2007 wrote:What makes me laugh is that certain fans who start topics like this, and have knee jerk reactions when we get rubbish results, they all of a sudden start analysing Rafa, the team, Gillette + Hicks etc, the whole god damn show

That was a mighty piece, but regardless of what climate Rafa is working in, players up for the challenge, or what have you, the simple issue and solution to this problem is this:

We have players who are not good enough to win the league. It's just about quality. I think Rafa has got a core of players who are outstanding: Reina, Carra, Finnan, Gerrard,babel, ALonso, and Torres.

When Mourhinio came to Chelsea, he won two league titles on the trot. Reason? he had quality all over the park. and with quality comes consistency.

What is annoying about Rafa, is that he thinks rotation is ok, and cannot see the problem. trouble is, the players replacing other players are not neccesarily of the same ability.

We need Kaka, Ronaldhino, or similar calibre. players who perform consistently, and can open teams up.

It's an intersting take, "certain fans"  :D I've been thinking about your stance, and you could be right. What's the piont in analysing stuff, the whole God damn show?

You're right, the players aren't good enough to win the league it's as simple as that. I can't think why none of us thought of it before such is it's simplicity.

I wouldn't stop at kaka and Ronaldhino either. I'd get Samuel Eto, David Villa and Thiery Henri, that way you're covered for injuries. Forsget about breaking the bank, lets rob the fecker, smash it to pieces and just get the job done. Too much fecking about that's why we don't win the league, slaps you in the face like a kipper if you really look at it (or if you don't really look at it if you get my meaning).
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:58 pm

Sammys got in on the act now:D dont know if anyone read this but just a little snippet from the mail

But it was their stalwart Sami Hyypia who gave the most damning assessment of the crisis engulfing Benitez, the club's American owners and the players who were supposed to be serious title contenders this season.

"We seem to be becoming like Newcastle," said Hyypia. "Every time we pick up a paper, there seems to be something new. But our job is to concentrate on the games.

"In the football world there are some things that happen very quickly and you can't do anything about them. The players hope that if there are arguments, they can be sorted out."
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:00 am

he needs to ship out all the current wingers cause they are average and get better ones

its worrying really, here is a list of left mids/ wingers better than kewell, riise

giggs
joe cole
morten gamst pederson
petrov
rosicky

here is a list of right mids better than pennant, benayoun

wright phillips
david bentley
ronaldo
malouda
hleb
aaron lennon

summing up, even a team like blackburn has much better wingers than us which is highly worrying
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:01 am

bigmick wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:What makes me laugh is that certain fans who start topics like this, and have knee jerk reactions when we get rubbish results, they all of a sudden start analysing Rafa, the team, Gillette + Hicks etc, the whole god damn show

It's an intersting take, "certain fans"  :D I've been thinking about your stance, and you could be right. What's the piont in analysing stuff, the whole God damn show?

You're right, the players aren't good enough to win the league it's as simple as that. I can't think why none of us thought of it before such is it's simplicity.

I wouldn't stop at kaka and Ronaldhino either. I'd get Samuel Eto, David Villa and Thiery Henri, that way you're covered for injuries. Forsget about breaking the bank, lets rob the fecker, smash it to pieces and just get the job done. Too much fecking about that's why we don't win the league, slaps you in the face like a kipper if you really look at it (or if you don't really look at it if you get my meaning).

:D  nicely put. Can you imagine the topics if he was in charge of this forum?

Liverpool Won - 1 reply - oh good

Liverpool Drew - 1 reply - oh well

Liverpool Lost - 1 reply - oh.....

Still say sarcasm ISNT the lowest form of wit !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:35 am

Isn't it mad how short some peoples memories are and how fickle some people are.I was looking back on some of the posts from September and everyone was saying yes it's defo our season blardy blah and we were in the best posistion for years(me included) yet just 4 months we are all in up heaval.We have had so many false dawns over the past decade yep we have won the cups and its great at the time and it gets no better than the european cup but at the end of the day we need the league.

We were never as good as we thought at the begining of the season when we were hammering Derby,Sunderland and co neither are we as bad as were making out now after all we have been beaten 2 times in the league(yes 2 times)and from the way most of us have carried on you would of thought it was ten times worse.

If we won our game in hand we would be 9 points behind in the title race and i know were not going to win it but that would be an improvement if we were 9 off the top at the end of the season and say we won a cup for good measure would this turn into a good season?

I know you can all say thats hypothetical but we have been in much worse posisition than this in the league and went on to have good seasons in the past like when we won the champoions league and FA cup the year after so thats why we can't do anything rash at the moment.

everyone just needs to calm down and be sensible and look at the bigger picture it may or may not be as bad as it seems.....

but then again it might!
roberto green

Postby Torres 2007 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:52 am

Mick, sarcasm wont help your arguments

likes of you think we can win the league with pennant and kewell!

:D  :D

obviously we wont get Kaka/ Ronny for obvious reasons, but thats what we need.

The standard is so high, and all the other top 3 go out and buy the hottest talent at every transfer window.

we may never win the league again! we need to make it happen!

So get on with it.
Torres 2007

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:05 am

Torres 2007 wrote:Mick, sarcasm wont help your arguments

likes of you think we can win the league with pennant and kewell!

:D  :D

obviously we wont get Kaka/ Ronny for obvious reasons, but thats what we need.

The standard is so high, and all the other top 3 go out and buy the hottest talent at every transfer window.

we may never win the league again! we need to make it happen!

So get on with it.

Yeah mick ! Get it sorted, tut, posters on here eh? useless....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:49 am

Rafa has spent a fortune to get us to the level of Everton - who are level with us in league. If Everton pip us that will mean in his four seasons they've finished above us twice.

He did well with Torres but his other strikers are Crouch (who he never plays), Kuyt,Voninin and Babel (who he plays out of position and looks rubbish there).

What progress is this? four years to build a team and we are just as poor as GH.

He will NEVER win the league with his stupid rotation policy and :censored: signings (with the odd good one).

Time for him to go, I am fairly sure he won't be here at the start of next season.

Thanks for Istanbul but go now.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:58 am

Big Niall wrote:Rafa has spent a fortune to get us to the level of Everton - who are level with us in league. If Everton pip us that will mean in his four seasons they've finished above us twice.

He did well with Torres but his other strikers are Crouch (who he never plays), Kuyt,Voninin and Babel (who he plays out of position and looks rubbish there).

What progress is this? four years to build a team and we are just as poor as GH.

He will NEVER win the league with his stupid rotation policy and :censored: signings (with the odd good one).

Time for him to go, I am fairly sure he won't be here at the start of next season.

Thanks for Istanbul but go now.

Don't sit on the fence Niall  :D

You do know that 'Lando Benitez' will be after you now for sl3ggin off his best mate  :;):  :p
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion