The impossible job - New epic from tompkins

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:39 am

good post tommy boy :D

exactly what ive been sayin people on here expect us 2 win the league ova teams that have so much more then us becoz theyve stuck with thier manager threw the tough times & let them build.....................money bags chelsea aside

i also brought up the fact that rednose was :censored: in his first 5 yrs but the board stuck by him & what saved him in the end..........his youngsters comin threw that he brought 2 the club

funny when he mentions about the champions league finals aswell bein overlooked by peeps

hes right aswell we have some amazin youngsters comin threw & with the stadium bein built now the future still looks bright 4 me

Heres 2 the lads bringin home a trophy r 2 & gettin into europe..............start next season without all this off field :censored: eh

YNWA

:blues:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:42 am

oh an good post above saint

:blues:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:00 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:[Against the other "big three" we are ....

That's what's has killed us this year.[/b]

Whilst we have been poor against the Top 3 under Benitez it is unfair to say we have been as poor this season as in previous years .......

Against Chelsea this season we could and should have done the double over them, against the Mancs we were no worse then them in a dull game at Anfield.

Only against Arsenal were we extremely fortunate to get a draw after being taught a footballing lesson.

There are a myriad of reasons why it's gone so wrong this season and those reasons have been well documented on here already.

I like Tomkins because he's not your traditional journalist who writes an article with one eye on his ego !

Tomkins has the knack of stripping away the bluster and telling it like it is without the histrionics even if what he writes isn't what we want to hear !

It makes for sober reading thats true but if the club is going to move forward then the Fans as well as the Yanks are going to have to remain patient and thats not something they are known for..............

If you get underneath certain aspects of our fanbase who base most of their opinions on something they heard in the pub or even worse on a radio phone-in then you sense that for many true Reds they know in their head that the title is a million miles away but haven't quite lost hope in their heart that we could welcome home the Holy Grail.

Walk on ......................... It's what we "patient" fans do . Leave the demands and dictates to the transients who are simply passing through !  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:13 pm

It skips the fact that Everton might finish above us for the second time in four years - what advantages have they got? (manager there a couple of years longer, thats all)

How about Aston Villa and Man City, they have new managers (both lambasted on this site by many) but are level(ish) with us in the table.

My criticism isn't that we haven't won the league, but that we haven't come close to even challenging for it and are on a par with Aston Villa,Everton, Man City etc
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:33 pm

I still like Tomkins posts but must admit i tend to skip on past the stats, tables and so forth. There's no doubt he see's things a little rose tinted for my liking but i have to agree with Dalglish, he does do a good job of stripping down a lot of the bluster and bollox. He's the complete opposite to anything you will read in the press (national or local) and he see's things in a balanced way. He doesn't state (spit out) his opinions in that 'matter of fact' kind of way i've got so accusomed to reading (especially lately) on here.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Where's the frontier between happy clappy-ism and the patience Dalglish mentions?

Somehow, I feel that You might agree or disagree totally what Tomkins says, but I hardly think he deserves to be insulted by a Liverpool fan. I can't see why.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:41 pm

s@int wrote:It has got to the stage where even Champions League Finals are seen as “nothing”, in this almighty desire for the title at all costs, and nothing else. Believe me, I keep seeing fans dismiss Champions League Finals like it was the Carling Cup being discussed.

Have to agree with this bit.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion