Rafa, in the present climate.... - His job is impossible.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
s@int wrote:Not to worry  Mick, I come bearing rumours. DIC are back in with a bid to take over from the two losers.
Whether it will be in time to save our season or not is another matter.Link to takeover

Maybe if they take over, Rafa will be given a war chest, a statement of support and the best present of all Parry gets to take the bullet instead. I can dream can't I ?

I hope that is one rumour that is true. I have zero faith in these two monkeys and it all seems to point to them having bitten off more than they can chew.

Although if they haven't the money why the hell did Moores sell to them?

I agree mate. Get these 2 clowns too f*ck. We are stuck in a state of limbo whilst they work out how best too ruin us financially. All the nonsense with Rafa has clearly unsettled the club and I am certain that this has had a negaitive impact on the playing side.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:54 pm

puroresu wrote:
parchpea wrote:There is bound to be a problem at at football club when the manager knows he is doomed.

Benitez must be finding it tough keeping up the act and the players know they are taking instructions from a manager on his last legs.

Furthermore we have problems off the pitch with two owners scratting around on the other side of the world trying to get the cash together to build this new ground. They must be frantic after the promises they made and are now having great problems keeping.

Until the club gets back some sort of stability with everyone working together in a professional and focused manner then we are unlikely to see it getting much better in the short term.

The takeover was rushed through when the americans bid at the last moment after the club had all but struck a deal with DIC after months of negotiation. Right now it looks like this was a terrible error of judgement and things have gone wrong on several fronts since.

I still dont know why that happened.  It seemed that DIC were going to get the club and suddenly they wasnt. What made the club choose the yanks over DIC?

Didnt Moores personally make more money out of the deal with the Yanks ?
66-1112520797

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:55 pm

I wanna stick my fingers in my ears and go "nah nah nah nah nah" to all the talk surrounding the owners and Rafa's tenure . Unfortunately , whether we like it or not , people (journalists and tv pundits) who have far more contacts within the game than we do are increasingly convinced that barring a miracle ie winning the CL (the prem is now surely beyond us) Rafa will be shown the door this summer . the only other thing that may save him is if new owners move in but even they may prefer to start with a man they have appointed. :(

Like I said , would prefer to ignore all this speculation but I'm increasingly concerned that the situation is far more serious than we are prepared to admit.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:57 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
puroresu wrote:
parchpea wrote:There is bound to be a problem at at football club when the manager knows he is doomed.

Benitez must be finding it tough keeping up the act and the players know they are taking instructions from a manager on his last legs.

Furthermore we have problems off the pitch with two owners scratting around on the other side of the world trying to get the cash together to build this new ground. They must be frantic after the promises they made and are now having great problems keeping.

Until the club gets back some sort of stability with everyone working together in a professional and focused manner then we are unlikely to see it getting much better in the short term.

The takeover was rushed through when the americans bid at the last moment after the club had all but struck a deal with DIC after months of negotiation. Right now it looks like this was a terrible error of judgement and things have gone wrong on several fronts since.

I still dont know why that happened.  It seemed that DIC were going to get the club and suddenly they wasnt. What made the club choose the yanks over DIC?

Thats my question for Parry

He must be loaded no brown paper bags for him :censored: suitcases end of

From what I see why the club choose the US than DIC is because the club will not cancel with carlsberg. As we all know that carlsbery have been with Liverpool very very long time.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Feeney » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Banks set to back 'New Anfield'

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....761.ece

This and the other article about DIC is a prime example of the papers scaremongering over the last few weeks. 2 different rags, both telling a story at the opposite end of the spectrum.

As Parry said, an announcement will be made on the stadium within a couple of weeks and I think within that statement it will show the true intentions of Hicks and Gillett and give them a perfect platform to show if they back Rafa or not.

I agree with Woofs statement that journalists have thier ear much closer to the ground than we do, but it's a vastly different story every day - it's just that its our turn to cop for the flack. Mourinho, McClaren, Allardyce and now us. We've pretty much created this mess admittedly, but I for one have been taking a lot of these stories with a pinch of salt.

It is clear, however, that all the disruption is having a dramatic effect to on the players which culminated in a shocking first 45 yesterday that was as bad a performance as the home Marseille game and away at Derby (where we did win, but the performance was simply shocking). We need to expel the bad performances and I for one think the Luton replay couldn't come at a better time. Play a full stength team (which Rafa has now confirmed - http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158391080113-1121.htm ), tw@t the fu€k out of Luton and still get plenty of time to rest the players as we don't play for another 6 days. Keep stum in the press to calm things down and follow that with a decent performance against Villa and I think the confidence in the team will come flowing back.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:25 pm

puroresu wrote:

I don't think the club chose the yanks over DIC, I think the club was trying to use the yanks to get more money out of DIC. I think the club was astounded when DIC pulled out  :D , rather than matching the yanks offer.

Then they had to make the best of a bad thing and go with the yanks.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:31 pm

so basically the 2 owners are in debt coz they couldnt afford to buy us and finance the stadium?

if thats the case then its stupid of parry to have accepted their bid cos i dont think a sale should take place unless the new owners whoever they might be are able to prove their ability to provide the finance without having to resort to loans.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:35 pm

Feeney wrote:I agree with Woofs statement that journalists have thier ear much closer to the ground than we do, but it's a vastly different story every day - it's just that its our turn to cop for the flack. Mourinho, McClaren, Allardyce and now us.

Don't forget, despite what we may think of the media's motives, that Mourinho, McClaren and Allardyce are all currently unemployed.

I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that Rafa's future at LFC is dangling by a thread.  :(
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby skatesy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:42 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that Rafa's future at LFC is dangling by a thread.  :(

Based on what? Based on the fact that Liverpool has struggled a little bit in the past three weeks? That there have been a couple unfavoured results?

And if you are basing it on that, do you think that the struggle would warrant a sacking despite ALL of the things that Rafa has done for the club?

I am thinking that you are coming to this conclusion based on the media frenzy that is creating this "Rafa is going to get sacked buzz". There were people on here going nuts and eating every journalist's words about Jurgen Klinsmann coming to Liverpool FC. When he outrightly said that he never even spoke to anyone at Liverpool FC what did all these people say who were originally all over the Klinsmann rumour? Nothing. They just went onto the next rumour.
skatesy

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm

s@int wrote:
puroresu wrote:

I don't think the club chose the yanks over DIC, I think the club was trying to use the yanks to get more money out of DIC. I think the club was astounded when DIC pulled out  :D , rather than matching the yanks offer.

Then they had to make the best of a bad thing and go with the yanks.

well , this is what happen if you greedy. one of the 7 sin.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Feeney » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Feeney wrote:I agree with Woofs statement that journalists have thier ear much closer to the ground than we do, but it's a vastly different story every day - it's just that its our turn to cop for the flack. Mourinho, McClaren, Allardyce and now us.

Don't forget, despite what we may think of the media's motives, that Mourinho, McClaren and Allardyce are all currently unemployed.

I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that Rafa's future at LFC is dangling by a thread.  :(

Agreed on the employment status mate, but this has all been of our own doing - Rafa, Hicks Gillett and Parr have all culminated in providing different degrees of ammo.

Like I said, I think the above people need to keep stum for a little bit and hopefully the announcement on the stadium will be a fruitful one and put all the speculation to bed.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:50 pm

s@int wrote:Not to worry  Mick, I come bearing rumours. DIC are back in with a bid to take over from the two losers.
Whether it will be in time to save our season or not is another matter.Link to takeover

Maybe if they take over, Rafa will be given a war chest, a statement of support and the best present of all Parry gets to take the bullet instead. I can dream can't I ?

This is some thing those around DIC built if they was to buy the club i think money wouldnt ever be a problem with them but i also but think the club wouldn't be run like monkey factory like chavski.

Another project by the guy he has some wealth and this is one of largests hotels in world.

WE can dream and i think it might not be as long shot as we think this guy loves our club and has the money to put us back on track.

YNWA....  :bowdown
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:50 pm

skatesy wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I'm honestly coming to the conclusion that Rafa's future at LFC is dangling by a thread.  :(

Based on what?

Based on when new owners buy a club usually that said manager that was brought in before they take over is 99% of the time given the boot. And poor results dont help a managers future.

Only Fergie to my knowledge has survived a take over.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:52 pm

LegBarnes wrote:

This is some thing those around DIC built if they was to buy the club i think money wouldnt ever be a problem with them but i also but think the club wouldn't be run like monkey factory like chavski.

Another project by the guy he has some wealth and this is one of largests hotels in world.

WE can dream and i think it might not be as long shot as we think this guy loves our club and has the money to put us back on track.

My cousins live near that hotel .  :D Its supposed to be pukka
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:53 pm

bavlondon wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:

My cousins live near that hotel .  :D Its supposed to be pukka

14k -22k a night it should be lmao !!!!
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion